• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Earth 2 Chris
    Verbose Member
    • Mar 7, 2004

Super Hero signs at Hobby Lobby

Saw these over at the always great Bat-Blog:

The BAT-BLOG Batman Fan Site is all about the Dark Knight! We also cover news about Old Vintage Collectibles, New Toys and Products, Film, Animated TV Shows, Cartoons, Statues, Books, Action Figures, Video Games, Batman V Superman Movie and we feature Desktop Wallpaper too!

I've gotta get some of these. Not really sure where I'll hang them, but I'll make room! JLGL, Praise Be His Name!

Chris
    sigpic
  • EMCE Hammer
    Moderation Engineer
    • Aug 14, 2003

Those are cool. I kinda wish they had used different outline colors on some of them. The red around batman just doesn't look right to me. Great for a kid's bedroom regardless. Reminds me of some of the stuff they used to decorate the WB stores.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
      Verbose Member
      • Mar 7, 2004

^Yeah, the red on the Batman and Robin one doesn't work around Robin's shirt, either. But I just love seeing the DC and Marvel characters together like this. That and the peg board behind them make this almost look like a 70s (or at least early 80s) store snap shot.

Chris
      sigpic

Comment

• madmarva
        Talkative Member
        • Jul 7, 2007

Those do look cool.

Comment

• MegoSteve
          Superman's Pal
          • Jun 17, 2005

Those are fantastic! Just wish they weren't at Hobby Lobby.

Comment

• enyawd72
            Maker of Monsters!
            • Oct 1, 2009

They also have embossed comic cover signs which are even cooler...all the superhero signs were 50% off today. I just came home with ten of them...they are freaking awesome.

Comment

• HardyGirl
              Mego Museum's Poster Girl
              • Apr 3, 2007

Wow, super! I wonder if the signs on the website are 1/2 off as well?
              "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
              'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
              Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
              If your mission is magic your love will shine true."

Comment

• enyawd72
                Maker of Monsters!
                • Oct 1, 2009

Originally posted by HardyGirl
                Wow, super! I wonder if the signs on the website are 1/2 off as well?
                I couldn't find most of them on their website...they had a way bigger selection in the store. Unfortunately the sale ended today, and they're not open on Sundays.

Comment

• johnnystorm
                  Hot Child in the City
                  • Jul 3, 2008

Are they tin or cardboard? Price?

Comment

• Mego Magyar
                    Permanent Member
                    • Jan 17, 2011

I just had a Hobby Lobby open near me and I've been looking at those signs every time I go in.

Price is ( if I remember correctly ) 19.99 for the character metal signs and a few dollars less for metal comic book cover signs.

Comment

• huedell
                      Museum Ball Eater
                      • Dec 31, 2003

If I saw them in a store, they are so "retro", I'd have a hard time passing them up.

I have a collection of retro superhero magnets that I really shouldn't have bought on my refrigerator because they were in a local comic shop.

Popular charcters like Joker and Spider-Man---and even less popular characters like Green Lantern and Luke Cage.

I bought them over time
                      "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• madmarva
                        Talkative Member
                        • Jul 7, 2007

Hobby Lobby rotates its sale items regularly, and everything they have goes on sale at some point. I wouldn't be surprised if they aren't on sale again in the next 6 weeks or so. Also, Hobby Lobby has a 40 percent off coupon that you can print off their website or find in the newspaper. Don't ever pay full price at Hobby Lobby.

Comment

Working...
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎