X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kingdom warrior
    OH JES!!
    • Jul 21, 2005

Originally posted by madmarva
    ^i'd love to see an Invaders movie, but without Torch and Subby, who are licensed to other studios, it wouldn't be the same to me.

I'd like to see Cap and maybe Spitfire and Union Jack vs. Baron Blood.
    Marvel still has rights to Jim Hammond Torch. it can be done. Just don't call him Human torch.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
      Verbose Member
      • Mar 7, 2004

Man, so much to talk about. That movie is DENSE. So much happened in it, but nothing ever felt rushed, and no characters suffered for the pace. Such a satisfying film!

I was waiting for the Red Skull as well. But I honestly think it may be better off to wait and him in the third film.

The use of Zola was inspired. So great to see him very close to his comic version, and a great tie-back to the original film. Anyone who thought the Bucky torture scene in the first film WASN'T a set-up for this needs to pay more attention. And believe me, there are those who didn't get that, and they KNOW about the Winter Soldier!

It really surprised me that they didn't magically sweep all this away at the end, and have SHIELD running at 70% or so. I'm so glad they didn't. Another great thing about these Marvel films, is much like the comics, there is change and growth with each story. I do wonder what they are going to do with the TV series. I need to catch up on that...

DAMN, that was a good movie!

Chris
      sigpic

Comment

• madmarva
        Talkative Member
        • Jul 7, 2007

The film was super satisfying on all levels. Full of action, but we really got to know more about the characters, maybe not everything but more.

What I always loved about Captin America is that he elevates the characters around him, making them better by setting such a strong example and standard. I love that Marvel Studios doesn't run away from that and Marvel put it up on the big screen unashamedly. Marvel trusts its characters as they were created and as they have developed.

I know I'm whipping a dead horse, but I wish WB/DC had as much faith in its characters.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
          Verbose Member
          • Mar 7, 2004

^Amen. Preach on.

Cap is the heart and soul, the moral compass of the Marvel Universe. And he's portrayed as such in these films.

Chris
          sigpic

Comment

• thunderbolt
            Hi Ernie!!!
            • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by kingdom warrior
            Marvel still has rights to Jim Hammond Torch. it can be done. Just don't call him Human torch.
            he made a cameo in the first movie.
            You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
              Muddling through
              • Oct 4, 2008

so since this is a spoilers thread....I guess I did not stay long enough into the credits, I saw the first extra scene, did not stay to see if there was a second. what was the second scene?

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                Verbose Member
                • Mar 7, 2004

The final scene after the credits takes place at the Smithsonian. It pans around the Cap exhibit again, and then we see a man in a hoodie staring at the large infographic about Bucky. It's the Winter Soldier. So now, he knows.

Chris
                sigpic

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                  Muddling through
                  • Oct 4, 2008

^^^ thanks!

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                    Verbose Member
                    • Mar 7, 2004

Question: Who does this Brock Rumlow guy become? He's presumably still alive but badly burned (Mustafa reference from Austin Powers), and they showed him being loaded into an ambulance.

The end credits sequence showed multiple silhouettes of him as well. Does that represent Hydra, or does this guy become something more?

Chris
                    sigpic

Comment

• VinMan
                      Career Member Mego Maniac
                      • Sep 6, 2012

Crossbones??

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
                      Question: Who does this Brock Rumlow guy become? He's presumably still alive but badly burned (Mustafa reference from Austin Powers), and they showed him being loaded into an ambulance.

The end credits sequence showed multiple silhouettes of him as well. Does that represent Hydra, or does this guy become something more?

Chris

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                        Verbose Member
                        • Mar 7, 2004

^I was thinking Crossbones, but the multiple images thing threw me off.

I remember hearing Crossbones was in the movie. Hmmm...

Chris
                        sigpic

Comment

• palitoy
                          live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                          • Jun 16, 2001

According to IGN, he's crossbones. Never heard of the character.
                          Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                          http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• madmarva
                            Talkative Member
                            • Jul 7, 2007

Crossbones, a red Skull henchman who was tutored by Taskmaster, played a key part in Brubaker's arc that introduced the Winter Soldier and eventually led to Bucky becoming Cap for a while.
                            Last edited by madmarva; Apr 6, '14, 8:36 AM.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                              Verbose Member
                              • Mar 7, 2004

Crossbones was introduced back in Mark Gruenwald's long run. In some ways, he was very similar to Bane, who came a few years later.

Chris
                              sigpic

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                                Verbose Member
                                • Mar 7, 2004

Another thing: the new Hot Toys Stealth Cap/Steve Rogers 2-pack shows a blank shield with only a few paint blothces left. That was not in the film. We get the no-red paint scheme for the stealth mission, but then Steve apparently had it painted back to the traditional colors, and it looked normal for the rest of the film.

Makes one wonder if it was shot without the paint, and the filmmakers decided to go back in and digitally recolor it or something.

Chris
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎