X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sprytel
    Talkative Member
    • Jun 26, 2009

Game of Thrones Action Figures - Wave 7

Seven help us, this is the 7th wave of my Mego "Game of Thrones" figures.

This Sunday is the season 4 premiere of the HBO "Game of Thrones" tv show, and this wave is all about the upcoming season.

Ygritte

So I don't think it is giving anything away to say that the Wildlings will be back and be a big part of the upcoming season of "Thrones". This is everyone's favorite Wildling, Ygritte.

Ygritte uses a Breyer head and a Mattel body, but really comes alive thanks to the unbelievable reroot and styling by Amy. I tried my best to really tailor the snowsuit to accentuate her femininity underneath, but the scraps of fur probably aren't helping that cause.

Oberyn Martell, the Red Viper

Season 4 gives us our first introduction to House Martell from Sunspear... and fan favorite character Oberyn Martell, the Red Viper. He is one of the most badass characters from the books, and I have been really looking forward to creating him in Mego form.

The Red Viper is a massively reworked Sayid from "Lost" figure. I continue to inch closer to actual sculpting... his hair has been almost entirely cut off, and then sculpted back up, ears added, etc. I sewed up the robes and topped it with a CTVT trident that I modified into his trusty spear.

King Joffrey

Season 4 also features more Joffrey, as the royal wedding is almost upon us.

The head is from a Breyer knockoff, repainted to turn the original smile into the pouty lips that Sansa Stark once dreamed about, The crossbow comes from a LOTR figure. And the crown is another fantastic LaserMego creation.

It is not the best of likenesses, but I just love this figure for all the little Mego "in jokes" it has. The rooted hair and crappy "Made in India" CTVT body are like insults to his manhood. Almost makes you want to slap him...

But wait... there's more...

Iron Throne

My first "playset" for the line!

Of course, it is all ultimately about the Iron Throne... I mean, it is right there in the show's name... so I knew I would eventually have to build my own Iron Throne in 1:9 scale. Instead of melted down swords, this one was built using craft sticks on a wood frame... painstakingly positioned to try to match the layout of everything as much as possible. My only real concession was to leave the actual seating area smooth, to avoid snagging an outfit on a sword blade and ruining a custom.

Thanks again for looking. I had a blast with this wave.

As always, you can see more of wave 7 and all the Game of Thrones customs completed so far on my Photobucket. In there, you will find a great back-of-the-head shot of Ygritte that showcases Amy's unbelievable hair styling work... you do not want to miss it.

Winter is coming!
  • Bizarro Amy
    Formerly known as Del
    • Dec 12, 2004

These came out great! Thanks for the shoutout. I did my best to just look at the pictures and not read the text, to avoid finding out any crucial plot points. Sprytel already knows this, but working on reroots for him got me interested in the show, but I'm only about 6 episodes in. He warned me about potential spoilers before posting the thread.
    Hey! Where's the waiter with the water for my daughter?

Check out my customs!
    https://www.facebook.com/BizarroAmy
    http://www.tumblr.com/blog/bizarroamy

Comment

• Byrnes
      Veteran Member
      • Oct 19, 2011

Awesome job! The Martell guy is dead on with that head.
      WWW.OG13.com - GI Joe, Star Wars, Marvel, DC, Star Trek, toys and more

Comment

• pmwasson
        Maker
        • Sep 12, 2007

They turned out great. Your amassing quite a collection!
        sigpic LaserMego

Comment

• Random Axe
          The Voice of Reason
          • Apr 16, 2008

I'm such a fan of this line ou've created and I have yet to read a book or see an episode. The textures you have on these and mixed fabrics are superb as are your head choices. YOu have got to take a group shot of these at some point.
          I almost had a psychic girlfriend but she dumped me before we met.

If anyone here believes in psychokinesis, please raise my hand.

Comment

• GaryPlaysWithDolls
            Mighty Man/Monster Maker
            • Aug 14, 2007

Looks great!

Mina is the world's first Paranormal Petsitter in the new middle-grade book series by Gary Buettner, MONSTER PETS, coming in FALL 2014 from EMBY KIDS. Spooky adventure that's perfect reading for kids 8-12
            https://www.facebook.com/monsterpetsbooks?ref=hl

Comment

• piecemaker
              There's no need to fear..
              • Jan 26, 2009

Outstanding! Awesome looking customs!

Comment

• sprytel
                Talkative Member
                • Jun 26, 2009

For those who saw it tonight, gotta say: Best. Wedding. Evarrr!!!!

Comment

• Megospidey
                  Museum Webslinger
                  • Jul 26, 2006

Those are really, really we'll done. Lots of thought and planning in those...love the execution of the throne

Comment

• Brazoo
                    Permanent Member
                    • Feb 14, 2009

I finally watched the last one. That was a really nice wedding! Haha!

Amazing pics - as always! I forced myself not to read all the descriptions though because of potential spoilers - sorry!

Comment

• Jrfjr126rock
                      Veteran Member
                      • Feb 23, 2008

What type of Breyer head did you use for Ygritte? It look different than the old ones I used to get from doctor mego...

Comment

• sprytel
                        Talkative Member
                        • Jun 26, 2009

Originally posted by Jrfjr126rock
                        What type of Breyer head did you use for Ygritte? It look different than the old ones I used to get from doctor mego...
                        She is from the "Breyer Vet Care" set. The original Breyer figure is more like 7" scale, but I think the head looks good transplanted.

There are some nice high-res pics of the original Breyer figure here:

Comment

• Jrfjr126rock
                          Veteran Member
                          • Feb 23, 2008

Originally posted by sprytel
                          She is from the "Breyer Vet Care" set. The original Breyer figure is more like 7" scale, but I think the head looks good transplanted.

There are some nice high-res pics of the original Breyer figure here:
                          http://www.qcsupply.com/breyer-vet-care-set.html
                          Oh nice I was wondering if those heads would fit on... did you have to mod at all or did it pop on pretty well?

Comment

• sprytel
                            Talkative Member
                            • Jun 26, 2009

Originally posted by Jrfjr126rock
                            Oh nice I was wondering if those heads would fit on... did you have to mod at all or did it pop on pretty well?
                            It popped on pretty easily onto the Mattel body. It might need some minor mods to go onto a vintage Mego body.

Comment

• Jrfjr126rock
                              Veteran Member
                              • Feb 23, 2008

Originally posted by sprytel
                              It popped on pretty easily onto the Mattel body. It might need some minor mods to go onto a vintage Mego body.
                              Nice I think I am gonna get this girl so I can use her head for a Yeoman for my Star Trek Collection as her hair seems like something one of them would've had in TOS.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎