Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mikey
    Verbose Member
    • Aug 9, 2001

I also hated the fact that they had to have their usual token "babe" for all the adolescent nerds to drool over.
    It was the same on Voyager with 7 of 9

I think the Vulcan woman (I forgot her name) was pretty hot, but they didn't need to show us her *** crack every second episode.

I never seen Uhura's *** crack, but that never stopped me from thinking she was pretty hot in her time.

The old series was **** in space.....
    We all know that, and even Gene called it that .....
    But they always left the reguar cast a lone......

I hated that about Enterprise.

Also,
    Bakula was soooo boring as Captain.

Comment

• The Bat
      Batman Fanatic
      • Jul 14, 2002

I liked the Cast...and Thought the Show had great potentional...but with Berman & Bragna Writing & Producing...it NEVER had a chance! It suffered from the same problem's that the "Next Gen." Serie's suffered from...long lingering Plot Thread's.

What made TOS so great(besides the AWESOME Cast!)...was that each Episode was a self contained Story. And They had GREAT Writer's! The even brought in some very famous Guest Writer's like Robert Block(Cat's Paw), and Issac Asmov(Arena).
      sigpic

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
        Verbose Member
        • Mar 7, 2004

I too watched the first few episdoes, but I barely remember them. Other than confusing me over Trek continuity, they didn't make any impression on me. I meant to watch the 4th season after hearing how it had gotten better, but never got around to it.

What made TOS so great(besides the AWESOME Cast!)...was that each Episode was a self contained Story. And They had GREAT Writer's! The even brought in some very famous Guest Writer's like Robert Block(Cat's Paw), and Issac Asmov(Arena).
        I think you've hit on what really hurt the later Trek series. TOS was essentially an anthology series with the same cast every week. Famous and or established Sci-Fi writers wrote the vast majority of episodes. Sure, the on-staff crew cleaned up the scripts and made them jibe with the series (like the infamous City on the Edge of Forever), but the imagination and freshness of having different writers come in to write an episode or two was never really duplicated. I think TNG's first season had a few episodes by "visiting" sci-fi authors, but most of them seemed to be rehashes of TOS. And don't get me started on TNG's writers falling back to the same damn solution over and over again. The deflector shield on the Enterprise D might have well have been a lucky rabbit's foot. Need to patch up a worm hole? Modulate the deflector shield. Data's brain on the blink? Modulate the deflector shield. Wesley Crusher more annoying than usual this episode? ...okay there's no cure for that.

Chris
        sigpic

Comment

• johnmiic
          Adrift
          • Sep 6, 2002

Every time they do a spin-off or re-start the franchise they try to cut off the old continuity. It's a strange form of self-loathing Star Trek seems to have. Every new team feels they can do better than the old so lets ignore the old guard. Only Harve Bennett and Manny Cotto embraced the old show when making new stories. Berman seemed to feel he had History Eraser Button Carte` Blanche`.

Comment

• ABMAC
            User
            • May 16, 2002

Originally posted by The Bat
            The even brought in some very famous Guest Writer's like Robert Block(Cat's Paw), and Issac Asmov(Arena).
            Arena was based on a short story by Fredric Brown. Asimov's only behind-the-scenes connection to Star Trek was as scientific advisor on Star Trek: TMP.

Comment

• The Bat
              Batman Fanatic
              • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by ABMAC
              Arena was based on a short story by Fredric Brown. Asimov's only behind-the-scenes connection to Star Trek was as scientific advisor on Star Trek: TMP.

Huh? I could have sworn He wrote that! I do remember reading that Short Story in "Starlog Magazine". They Chaged the Blob Creature...into the Gorn.
              sigpic

Comment

• palitoy
                live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
                The deflector shield on the Enterprise D might have well have been a lucky rabbit's foot. Need to patch up a worm hole? Modulate the deflector shield. Data's brain on the blink? Modulate the deflector shield.
                Oh, that Deus Ex Machina they seemed to create with their modern tech.

"Use the Blism Blasm Ray and it'll deflect the floobis"

Buttons pushed, problem solved. It got on my nerves, especially in that Insurrection movie.
                Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎