Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • apes3978
    Permanent Member
    • Nov 19, 2005

PS: While his look is not "dead on", I think the Hasbro Cornelius, as painted by you, would make an alright stand-in for Galen... In my eyes, there's more resemblance between him and Galen than the Mego Galen/Cornelius and McDowall's TV character...

I think I might actually track one of those Hasbro figures down and do a conversion like you did... (I have them carded, but want to keep the set MOC, so I need to hit eBay...) Like I said, I think he'd be a good Galen...

Comment

• Judson's
      • Oct 23, 2007

Originally posted by apes3978
      PS: While his look is not "dead on", I think the Hasbro Cornelius, as painted by you, would make an alright stand-in for Galen... In my eyes, there's more resemblance between him and Galen than the Mego Galen/Cornelius and McDowall's TV character...

I think I might actually track one of those Hasbro figures down and do a conversion like you did... (I have them carded, but want to keep the set MOC, so I need to hit eBay...) Like I said, I think he'd be a good Galen...
      Yeah, he definitely looks more like Galen than the original Mego. I could probably repaint the eyes to get the resemblance closer.

I always thought the original looked a little too youthful (I'm shrinking an original Galen head to make a young ape custom in fact).

Plus chimps don't have eyebrows, so there's that

Anyway, you should be able to get one off ebay for less than $10 - sometime still in the package. I look forward to seeing it!

Comment

Working...
      😀
      🥰
      🤢
      😎
      😡
      👍
      👎