Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bronxboykev
    Permanent Member
    • Mar 7, 2011

Got an e mail this morning Great News, I have some Brown Mego Joe heads waiting for Brown S type bodies!!!

Comment

• nubee
      Career Member
      • Feb 15, 2010

Originally posted by ZICA
      The shipment is finally on its way here and according to the tracking information it should arrive on Wednesday 11-12-14. By Friday I'll have everything listed and updated on the 8 Inch Super Store website, including new stock of both flesh tone and brown Type S bodies!

Craig

Awesome News. My credit card is waiting

Comment

• BATMAN89
        Mego obsessed!!!
        • Jul 20, 2010

The shipment will include all the parts for the AJ and Sucklord figures, the boots and a few extra items. The stretch goal heads are not included in this shipment but hopefully it won't be much longer and we can get those produced. The tooling for them is already done, it's just a matter of placing an order for the heads.

Great news!!!
        Big Kid Toys Facebook Page!

My Good Trader's List
        My Early Custom Megos

Comment

• darkbros
          Persistent Member
          • Jul 3, 2012

awesome!
          Hope this will be a big stock order of Brown Type S bodies....
          because it looks like they'll be sold out by sat.
          LOL

Good News on reward heads too...my KS type S won't be headless for long.....

thanks for the updates Craig!
          Customizing 1:9: My Videoblog journey of Customizing!
          https://www.facebook.com/customizingonenine
          ---------------------------------------------------------------------
          "I don't do it for the haters, I do it for the players." --snoop dogg

Comment

• Brown Bear
            Still Old School
            • Feb 14, 2008

Good news. Yay!
            Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• ZICA
              Persistent Member
              • May 7, 2006

Originally posted by darkbros
              awesome!
              Hope this will be a big stock order of Brown Type S bodies....
              because it looks like they'll be sold out by sat.
              LOL

Good News on reward heads too...my KS type S won't be headless for long.....

thanks for the updates Craig!
              We only ordered 500 of the brown bodies and 60 of them are already sold, so there won't be that many.

Comment

• TRDouble
                Permanent Member
                • Jul 10, 2012

We only ordered 500 of the brown bodies and 60 of them are already sold, so there won't be that many.
                Hoping I can get at least 5 of them; that's all I really need. Probably less, but I'd like to have them, just in case.
                Last edited by TRDouble; Nov 14, '14, 4:40 PM.

Comment

• ZICA
                  Persistent Member
                  • May 7, 2006

All Action Jackson Projects Canceled

Today I have to make the very unfortunate announcement that all Action Jackson projects have been canceled. After having a combination of QC issues with the heads and other matters not involving production problems, Dave and I felt it would be best to cancel all current and future projects with the property. The heads that we planned to use for the figures have been listed on the 8 Inch Super Store website at a reduced cost of $3.00 each. This is due to quality issues with the paint applications and skin tones. To most people it might not seem like there are any problems with the heads, but Dave and I hold our products to pretty high standards and these heads didn't meet them.

Naturally this means that all of the Kickstarter pledges will not be filled and we're working on giving you two options, which are a refund or store credit in the amount of $25.00. Dave is putting a list together now of people who should have received an AJ figure. Once I have that list I'll start emailing each person so that they can let us know which option they prefer.

As many of you already know, Dave and I have had one problem after the other with our current factory. Things with them started out great, but now seem to be going down hill at an alarmingly fast rate. Not only did they drop the ball on the heads, they also shorted us the rotocast boots and Sucklord heads on this shipment, which makes things even worse. I'm currently in the process of looking for another factory and luckily things are looking promising so far.

On the plus side we are completely restocked with Type S bodies, both flesh tone and brown, plus we've added a few cool new items.

This setback with the factory definitely has us down but we're far from being out. Dealing with the Chinese factories is always a gamble, sometimes you win and sometimes you lose.

Craig

Comment

• TRDouble
                    Permanent Member
                    • Jul 10, 2012

That's too bad. The head sculpts look great... the shiny skin, not so much.

Hopefully everything will go better with the Captain Action and Eagle Force Kickstarters.

I missed all of the Mego-esque Kickstarters, so I hope you do not abandon ideas using that format.

Comment

• Starroid Raiders Dagon
                      Persistent Member
                      • Apr 28, 2013

Ughh! F%^king painfull news. I understand the reasoning but I still think they look good. I cant recall what I gave to the Kickstarter but I would have rather got the 4 Action Jackson figures. I put an order in at the store (shipping is so much better this time around so that is great). This is really sad news.

Comment

• SeattleEd
                        SynthoRes Transmigrator
                        • Oct 24, 2007

Craig,

I am sorry to hear that and definitely bad news. What do you speculate on the impact of KS campaign?

This news:

...they also shorted us the rotocast boots and Sucklord heads on this shipment,...
                        ...really hurts. Will there be enough to fill the KS pledges? Are the boots reflective on the $L figures?

Thanks for the cool items and brown bodies. Order placed and looking forward to more positive news on the front with a new manufacture.

Best of luck, Craig and David and thank you for all your work and service.

Comment

• ZICA
                          Persistent Member
                          • May 7, 2006

Originally posted by SeattleEd
                          Craig,

I am sorry to hear that and definitely bad news. What do you speculate on the impact of KS campaign?

This news:

...really hurts. Will there be enough to fill the KS pledges? Are the boots reflective on the $L figures?

Thanks for the cool items and brown bodies. Order placed and looking forward to more positive news on the front with a new manufacture.

Best of luck, Craig and David and thank you for all your work and service.
                          Thanks Ed

The only impact it should have on the Kickstarter Sucklord figures is another delay since the heads are the only piece still needed at this point, the boots were just an extra item. I feel like the heads are finished because the same mold is used for the AJ heads, and I got those.

Comment

• JediJaida
                            Talkative Member
                            • Jun 14, 2008

This is terrible! I was looking forward to seeing how the figure turned out!

I'm sorry that you had so much trouble with that factory, guys; you deserved better.

I hope that the new factory works out better for you.

I took a peek at the new heads and I think that they are great! So what if they are a little shiny? The sculpts really stand out in a good way.
                            JediJaida

Comment

• thunderbolt
                              Hi Ernie!!!
                              • Feb 15, 2004

so, can I go shopping now so I don't miss out on the new stuff while waiting for the refund email?
                              You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• David Lee
                                The Fix-it-up Chappie
                                • Jun 10, 2002

Originally posted by thunderbolt
                                so, can I go shopping now so I don't miss out on the new stuff while waiting for the refund email?
                                Joe, are you asking for a store credit? or if the stuff is available now? I don't think you'll miss out on anything, we have plenty of everything, and Craig should have the e=mail out soon.

Dave

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎