X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Brown Bear
    Still Old School
    • Feb 14, 2008

Originally posted by ZICA
    All of the parts needed for the AJ and Sucklord figures are finished and should be shipped from the factory sometime next week. As it looks now the Kickstarter figures will most likely be shipping by the middle of October.
    Bye bye mid-October. Do I hear November?
    Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• ZICA
      Persistent Member
      • May 7, 2006

Originally posted by Brown Bear
      Bye bye mid-October. Do I hear November?
      If the update I got today holds up, yes.

Comment

• BATMAN89
        Mego obsessed!!!
        • Jul 20, 2010

As long as I get my A.J. by Christmas, I'll be happy!
        Big Kid Toys Facebook Page!

My Good Trader's List
        My Early Custom Megos

Comment

• darkbros
          Persistent Member
          • Jul 3, 2012

so I hate to ask...but what about the Stretch Goal heads...?
          are they dead or are they going to be Dec 2014 / Jan 2015?
          Customizing 1:9: My Videoblog journey of Customizing!
          https://www.facebook.com/customizingonenine
          ---------------------------------------------------------------------
          "I don't do it for the haters, I do it for the players." --snoop dogg

Comment

• ZICA
            Persistent Member
            • May 7, 2006

Originally posted by darkbros
            so I hate to ask...but what about the Stretch Goal heads...?
            are they dead or are they going to be Dec 2014 / Jan 2015?
            The tooling for the stretch goal heads is done so it's just a matter of having the factory make them. They're next on the "to do" list.

Comment

• Confessional
              Maker & Whatnot
              • Aug 8, 2012

Ideas vs. Realization; such is the struggle of the creative process… and then you throw transcontinental production and shipping into the mix.

I know too well how long the road can be sometimes. Keep up the great work Craig and Dave! No doubt it will be worth the wait.

Comment

• ZICA
                Persistent Member
                • May 7, 2006

Originally posted by Confessional
                Ideas vs. Realization; such is the struggle of the creative process… and then you throw transcontinental production and shipping into the mix.

I know too well how long the road can be sometimes. Keep up the great work Craig and Dave! No doubt it will be worth the wait.
                Thanks for being understanding. We're trying the best we can with our limited options to push the factory as much as possible so the Kickstarter pledges can be fulfilled.

Comment

• Hulk
                  Mayor of Megoville
                  • May 10, 2003

According to my factory contact the AJ and Sucklord items should arrive soon as they've already been sent to the shipper. If for some reason we're not able to fulfill the Kickstarter orders for those figures refunds will be given.

Craig
                  Really trying to put this delicately, but am I hearing that there is a chance that after all of this that there may not be enough product to fulfill all the kickstarter pledges? If so, does this mean that this will be the only run of AJ figures, or do you still plan on having additional product for sale? I have a selfish concern for my pledge, but I was really hoping this line was going to be more than a one-off. Can you elaborate on future plans, now that this shipment has hopefully occurred and is out of your hands until it's in your hands?

Comment

• ZICA
                    Persistent Member
                    • May 7, 2006

Originally posted by Hulk
                    Really trying to put this delicately, but am I hearing that there is a chance that after all of this that there may not be enough product to fulfill all the kickstarter pledges? If so, does this mean that this will be the only run of AJ figures, or do you still plan on having additional product for sale? I have a selfish concern for my pledge, but I was really hoping this line was going to be more than a one-off. Can you elaborate on future plans, now that this shipment has hopefully occurred and is out of your hands until it's in your hands?
                    No, what you're hearing is that if the factory screwed us by taking the money and running, we're not going to screw you out of your pledge money. We would dip into our own pockets and refund you the amount of your pledge. Assuming we do get the product, and at this point I feel like we will, there will actually be extra stock left over to sell on the website.

As for elaborating on future plans for the line, I really can't say much now because of stuff going on behind the scenes. I'd like for the line to continue but unfortunately that might not be possible.

Comment

• JediJaida
                      Talkative Member
                      • Jun 14, 2008

And people STILL swear by Chinese manufacturing! There are days when I weep over the stupid treaties that send most of our manufacturing overseas, instead of being done right here in the USA. You'd THINK that it would be cheaper to manufacture stuff in house so to speak, rather than send it to another continent altogether!

I sincerely hope that all of the pledges get filled; you guys have great products.
                      JediJaida

Comment

• Fitski
                        Veteran Member
                        • May 19, 2013

What is the process on obtaining a refund? I'm pretty flexible but jeez guys bad decision after bad decision has lead to this.

Comment

• ZICA
                          Persistent Member
                          • May 7, 2006

Originally posted by Fitski
                          What is the process on obtaining a refund? I'm pretty flexible but jeez guys bad decision after bad decision has lead to this.
                          We're not to the point of offering refunds yet. Not sure I follow you on the "bad decision" statement. The factory we're using for this project has done a great job for us in the past. It's the same one that's making the Type S body for us and we haven't had any problems getting those orders filled.

Comment

• SeattleEd
                            SynthoRes Transmigrator
                            • Oct 24, 2007

Originally posted by JediJaida
                            And people STILL swear by Chinese manufacturing! There are days when I weep over the stupid treaties that send most of our manufacturing overseas, instead of being done right here in the USA. You'd THINK that it would be cheaper to manufacture stuff in house so to speak, rather than send it to another continent altogether!
                            I agree. Most of it has to do with EPA guidelines and how manufacturing affects the environment. Also, labor cost has skyrocketed. Now that Alibaba.com has gone public, expect more overseas manufacturing to take place.
                            Our household mainly supports products made in the USA and local, NorthWest region. However, we have to bite the bullet and sometimes breakdown to get products made in China, mainly petroleum based products. We try not to support countries of manufacture that are pro child labor and exploit their workers.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                              Hi Ernie!!!
                              • Feb 15, 2004

No, what you're hearing is that if the factory screwed us by taking the money and running, we're not going to screw you out of your pledge money. We would dip into our own pockets and refund you the amount of your pledge. Assuming we do get the product, and at this point I feel like we will, there will actually be extra stock left over to sell on the website.

As for elaborating on future plans for the line, I really can't say much now because of stuff going on behind the scenes. I'd like for the line to continue but unfortunately that might not be possible.
                              Very disappointed to hear AJ may not continue, I was hoping to get in on the ground floor of a new AJ line. With this news a lot of the shine is off of it for me, anyway.
                              You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Starroid Raiders Dagon
                                Persistent Member
                                • Apr 28, 2013

This majorly bums me out. I expected this line to go to retail and usher in the ReMego figures at big box stores. I had extremely high hopes. This line and Cosmic Raiders from Doc are the two lines I am most excited about. Although DC universe through Figures is pretty darn close. Best of luck guys, and I hope everything starts going smoother, moving forward.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎