X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ZICA
    Persistent Member
    • May 7, 2006

Action Jackson Kickstarter Update/ Q&A

I'm trying to make things a little easier for updates and questions concerning the Action Jackson Kickstarter campaign, and anything else related to it. All updates will be posted in this thread until the project is completed and all orders/rewards are filled.

Action Jackson Status:

1. New tooling sample heads are being worked on now and we're expecting to get an update from the factory by next week. The factory made an error and did not account for shrink on the first set of tooling, resulting in heads that were noticeably too small. This is what's caused the lengthy delay on getting this figure completed.

2. The required accessory pieces are finished and will be shipped with the heads.

3. Jumpsuits are being done at another factory and are expected to be in hand by the end of April.

Sucklord Figures:

1. Same updates for Action Jackson apply to this project as well.

Stretch Goal Heads:

1. Same updates for Action Jackson heads apply to this project as well

As soon as I have more information to share I'll be sure to post it here ASAP.

Craig
  • Brown Bear
    Still Old School
    • Feb 14, 2008

Thanks for keeping us all in the know. Sounds like things are moving along.
    Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• Starroid Raiders Dagon
      Persistent Member
      • Apr 28, 2013

Yes, thanks for the update, Craig! I know the factories in China go quiet for Chinese New Years (something like a month?). That can certainly send a wrench into expected dates, especially if something needs to be redone. I am so looking forward to the final product.

Comment

• Brown Bear
        Still Old School
        • Feb 14, 2008

I was cleaning out my old emails and came across my kickstarter payment dated August 10, 2013. Wow, didn't realize we've been waiting THAT long!

Comment

• ODBJBG
          Permanent Member
          • May 15, 2009

Any chance one can purchase a Sucklord that didn't secure one in the Kickstarter?

Comment

• ZICA
            Persistent Member
            • May 7, 2006

Originally posted by Brown Bear
            I was cleaning out my old emails and came across my kickstarter payment dated August 10, 2013. Wow, didn't realize we've been waiting THAT long!
            Sorry this is taking so long but the delay we're having with the factory on getting the revised heads made is out of our control. However, it seems like we might finally be seeing a light at the end of the tunnel on this and will hopefully get things back on track soon.

Originally posted by ODBJBG
            Any chance one can purchase a Sucklord that didn't secure one in the Kickstarter?
            I doubt that's possible since it defeats the purpose of being a backer on the Kickstarter campaign.

Comment

• Brown Bear
              Still Old School
              • Feb 14, 2008

On facebook's mego meet pics I thought I saw an Action Jackson prototype. Do we have an updated pic?

Comment

• ZICA
                Persistent Member
                • May 7, 2006

Originally posted by Brown Bear
                On facebook's mego meet pics I thought I saw an Action Jackson prototype. Do we have an updated pic?
                Hopefully someone will post a pic soon. I'm planning to post one eventually but I have to find another M-16 for him. I had to take his to fill an order for the 8 Inch Super Store.

Comment

• ZICA
                  Persistent Member
                  • May 7, 2006

I placed the order with the factory today and will hopefully be getting AJ heads, Sucklord heads and accessories soon. Once that happens I'll start filling all of the Kickstarter rewards for those particular figures. The only thing left to fulfill from the Kickstarter campaign after this will be the stretch goal heads, which shouldn't take long.

Again, I want to apologize for the rather lengthy delay with getting the Kickstarter campaign completely fulfilled. The gigantic monkey wrench that got thrown in the works was the factory's oversight on getting the heads scaled correctly. Unfortunately, correcting the issue was way down on their priority list and the ability to change that was out of our control.

Craig

Comment

• Starroid Raiders Dagon
                    Persistent Member
                    • Apr 28, 2013

Thanks for the update, Craig! We contract out for uniforms and you would think it was brain surgery at times. Recently we had a jacket arrive with the arms sewn upside down. Fine for anyone constantly doing the "Y" from the YMCA song, but pretty useless for anyone else

Comment

• Confessional
                      Maker & Whatnot
                      • Aug 8, 2012

Ah, intel most appreciated! Will the $L secret factory be involved in the assembly, and what about the mystery fig? Those on the same timeline as AJ or different?

Comment

• ZICA
                        Persistent Member
                        • May 7, 2006

Originally posted by Confessional
                        Ah, intel most appreciated! Will the $L secret factory be involved in the assembly, and what about the mystery fig? Those on the same timeline as AJ or different?
                        I'll be sending the Sucklord figure parts to Sucklord himself so he'll be taking care of those orders, and I have no idea what the mystery figure is. Yes, the Sucklord figures are on the same timeline as AJ.

Comment

• Confessional
                          Maker & Whatnot
                          • Aug 8, 2012

Supercool! I have this idea about taking the Suck to designercon for additional customization.

Comment

• Legend of Link
                            Career Member
                            • Jun 12, 2010

Hey Craig, have you received the parts yet? AJ fever is starting to kick in

http://s1172.photobucket.com/albums/r561/Sgordy199/ <- My Mego Pictures

Comment

• ZICA
                              Persistent Member
                              • May 7, 2006

Originally posted by Legend of Link
                              Hey Craig, have you received the parts yet? AJ fever is starting to kick in
                              Nothing yet but it won't be much longer. I should have everything by the end of the month.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎