X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kingdom warrior
    OH JES!!
    • Jul 21, 2005

WPIX Chiller Theater TV Retro AD Recreation

Here is something I had wanted to do for awhile for my portfolio. As a child whenever my Dad watched late night monster movies he always tuned into Chiller Theater on WPIX channel eleven or Fright Night on WOR 9.
    The Chiller Theater opening would scare the beejeebus out of me, often you could here my Mother telling my Father to lower the TV otherwise the boy(me) wouldn't go to sleep.....by then it was too late damage done...lol. As I grew older it became my fav late night monster movie show until it went off the air.

So the other day I was thinking about it and decided to finally pay homage to it. I did the line work then decided to make it look like a retro throwback black and white TV AD in black and white since that's how i pretty much watched it.....Hope you dig it for those who know about Chiller.

This is the original opening

11x14 Ink on Bristol
  • mazinz
    Persistent Member
    • Jul 2, 2007

Originally posted by kingdom warrior
    Here is something I had wanted to do for awhile for my portfolio. As a child whenever my Dad watched late night monster movies he always tuned into Chiller Theater on WPIX channel eleven or Fright Night on WOR 9.
    The Chiller Theater opening would scare the beejeebus out of me, often you could here my Mother telling my Father to lower the TV otherwise the boy(me) wouldn't go to sleep.....by then it was too late damage done...lol. As I grew older it became my fav late night monster movie show until it went off the air.

So the other day I was thinking about it and decided to finally pay homage to it. I did the line work then decided to make it look like a retro throwback black and white TV AD in black and white since that's how i pretty much watched it.....Hope you dig it for those who know about Chiller.

This is the original opening

11x14 Ink on Bristol

very nice work for a very much loved intro!
    "What motivated him to throw a puppy at the Hells Angels is currently unclear,"

Starroid Raiders Dagon wrote "No Dime Store Monster left behind"

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
      Verbose Member
      • Mar 7, 2004

Nice work! That opening would have scared the beejeezus out of me as a kid. Heck, "Tales from the Dark Side" freaked me out!

Chris
      sigpic

Comment

• kingdom warrior
        OH JES!!
        • Jul 21, 2005

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
        Nice work! That opening would have scared the beejeezus out of me as a kid. Heck, "Tales from the Dark Side" freaked me out!

Chris
        LOL!!!! it scared me.....lol Thanks Chris and Mazinz, appreciate it......

Comment

• jimsmegos
          Mego Dork
          • Nov 9, 2008

Very well done! Yeah, Tales from the Darkside freaked me out too. The voice over still does. If not for the goofy rotation transition between "this world and the not so brightly lit" the video would still have quite the punch too

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎