Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question on the BBP Battlestar Galactica Figures...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fuzzysnail
    Persistent Member
    • Feb 18, 2007

Wow, those correct size heads look fantastic....any chance of purchasing a set?

Comment

• GUYx1
      FORMER MEGO COLLECTOR
      • Apr 20, 2005

I only shrunk the 3 heads. I don't do any casting. Without Brian's paint job you would not see the details. While they look way better, they are not photo likenesses. Not yet anyway. Hard to tell if that is how they were before they went to BBP's manufacturing, or what happened. Chemical shrinking tends to do the opposite of making a head puffy. But it is not an exact science. I have a Lebowski 'Dude' shrink that went too small in my opinion. But I also shrunk the CHIPS Heads and they look amazing.
      When they look amazing, I want someone else to paint them. I just do monsters & aliens.
      My point in showing them though was to give people hope that the figures CAN be improved. If you actually show a little love to the toyline, it can become everything that we had hoped it would be.
      But I never stop at modifying just a head, or even an outfit. At present, my figures have had every item head to toe replaced but the Pistols.
      I plan to redo the heads with photo realistic sculpts that DO look like the actors circa 1978 as opposed to modern composite sculpts.
      But that is going to take awhile.
      Last edited by GUYx1; Mar 24, '14, 12:04 AM.
      Cheers,
      Guyx1

Comment

Working...
      😀
      🥰
      🤢
      😎
      😡
      👍
      👎