X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • alex
    Permanent Member
    • Jun 15, 2009

Is BBP done with 8"

Everything seems to be coming to a end, or simply cancelled. I personally cant see the "big bang theory" figures doing well(although watch the show every week, but have no interest in the figures), and wouldnt be surprised if they never got made because of low preorders. It seems the focus now is the smaller style figures, that seems to be the sudden rage. BBP I seriously love your product, even if there have been hickups along the way, with large heads etc.Love your cards that U have to rip the figure off, rather than the collector friendly clamshell. So is there anything in the pipeline that we can expect that will once again knock our socks off, rather than a couple of gay dudes from some show, that I have no clue about.
  • jds1911a1
    Alan Scott is the best GL
    • Aug 8, 2007

Ace and Gary - The Ambigously Gay Duo was a series hugely funny animated shorts on Saturday Night live in the 90's (I'm sure you can you tube them), and while not for me would seem to be perfect fodder for a con exclusive with the higher pricepoint and lower sales outlets.

Comment

• thunderbolt
      Hi Ernie!!!
      • Feb 15, 2004

I seriously thing the head and likeness issues with Galactica and SMDM killed interest in both lines. I know it did for me.
      You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• jacoblb
        Persistent Member
        • May 7, 2009

Although it might be denied it certainly seems BBP is getting out of the re-Mego format especially as licenses scale down. At least with what is known on paper publically. FTC seems to be the real winners of the Mego scale currently, but I've yet to support a single license just yet. I kind of figure by the time I go after their superhero line I'll have buyers regret and wish I saved more money by buying parts rather than whole carded figures, like they've done with Kiss. Anyway, regarding BBP, I know I'm still reeling from being bummed about the cancellation of the Dr Who figures. I remember past threads where people were seriously concerned about the lack of progress regarding Dr Who, only to be told be patient and more were coming out. Well, not as much as hoped came out and certainly not the characters I desired. Then, after I got caught up by buying the expensive DW tin cans, do I find out there wouldn't be any more Dr Who re-Mego! So, for me anyway, that leaves only one other license of theirs I care to support and that's the Venture Bros. I fear the flooding of the market of 3 3/4 figures won't last as long as their famous Pop vinyls. Funko, being rich and all, are the only one's who won't be too terribly affected if 3 3/4 flops as they appear to have hands in other market. But what do I know?

Comment

• ubermanx
          Career Member
          • Jul 3, 2013

There does seem to be a bit of a remego bubble burst at BBP at first glance ...

- Marty

Comment

• BifBangPow! JLabs
            Career Member
            • Dec 21, 2009

I posted a list on another thread of what we are making for 8-inch, and it's still quite a bit including currently announced waves of BSG, SMDM, all Venture Bros figures, Mike Tyson, Ace and Gary, all The Big Bang Theory Figures plus more shown at Toy Fair (and some not shown). There are absolutely more 8-inch on the way from us.

We have improved 8-inch likeness and perfected the head size. For all of the comments about Doctor Who character choices, we have listened. All seven Big Bang Theory figures are coming out in wave one.

If we knew how long approvals would take, or how many factory compliance issues there would be, we would have certainly changed our Doctor Who character release schedule. Both were out of our hands. We are in this to make money everyone - we have no intention to make shelf warmers or delay anything for internal reasons. Small companies like ours have challenges that we attempt to overcome as quickly as possible.

But we always appreciate your support and input. More are on the way!
            Co-founder, BifBangPow!
            bifbangpow.com
            twitter.com/bifbangpow

Comment

• pmwasson
              Maker
              • Sep 12, 2007

Great to hear! I love my BBP 8" figures and looking forward to adding new figures.
              sigpic LaserMego

Comment

• BATMAN89
                Mego obsessed!!!
                • Jul 20, 2010

Please bring out the Steve and Barney Megos!!!
                Not interested in 3-3/4' figures at all. Never had 'em as a kid.
                8 inch Mego format rules!!!
                Big Kid Toys Facebook Page!

My Good Trader's List
                My Early Custom Megos

Comment

• sprytel
                  Talkative Member
                  • Jun 26, 2009

Originally posted by BifBangPow! JLabs
                  I posted a list on another thread of what we are making for 8-inch, and it's still quite a bit including currently announced waves of BSG, SMDM, all Venture Bros figures, Mike Tyson, Ace and Gary, all The Big Bang Theory Figures plus more shown at Toy Fair (and some not shown). There are absolutely more 8-inch on the way from us.

We have improved 8-inch likeness and perfected the head size. For all of the comments about Doctor Who character choices, we have listened. All seven Big Bang Theory figures are coming out in wave one.

If we knew how long approvals would take, or how many factory compliance issues there would be, we would have certainly changed our Doctor Who character release schedule. Both were out of our hands. We are in this to make money everyone - we have no intention to make shelf warmers or delay anything for internal reasons. Small companies like ours have challenges that we attempt to overcome as quickly as possible.

But we always appreciate your support and input. More are on the way!
                  Why yes, but the weather report called for "sky is falling"...

Comment

• monitor_ep
                    Talkative Member
                    • May 11, 2013

I would pay top dollar if the Big Bang Theory figures came with these outfits:

Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• BifBangPow! JLabs
                      Career Member
                      • Dec 21, 2009

We'll need a partnership with FTC to make the top ones happen. And you'll never see The Big Bang Theory toys in drag like the bottom image.

Originally posted by monitor_ep
                      I would pay top dollar if the Big Bang Theory figures came with these outfits:

Co-founder, BifBangPow!
                      bifbangpow.com
                      twitter.com/bifbangpow

Comment

• drogge
                        Career Member
                        • Jul 24, 2009

I am just wondering, are there any new licenses we don't know about. SMDM, BBT, BSG, Venture Bros. Tyson, and Gary and Ace? Right? Is that the rest of the 8 inch line. I just hope some more surprises are coming.

Comment

• Teemu
                          Persistent Member
                          • Dec 15, 2010

Originally posted by jds1911a1
                          Ace and Gary - The Ambigously Gay Duo was a series hugely funny animated shorts on Saturday Night live in the 90's (I'm sure you can you tube them), and while not for me would seem to be perfect fodder for a con exclusive with the higher pricepoint and lower sales outlets.
                          actually you can't youtube them...the episodes are blocked

Comment

• Random Axe
                            The Voice of Reason
                            • Apr 16, 2008

Although I'm obviously a Mego-sized guy I can appreciate the smaller figs. To me, the next best line after 1/9 Mego styled stuff is Super Powers. I'd love to see some cool new licenses with those, but cost structure is prohibitive. It's hard to wrap my mind around paying 15-20 dollars for a 3 3/4 inch character, but I understand the need to make a profit after after license fees, packaging and tooling. I'm just needing a line of figures I can't say no to. Otherwise please bring on the rest of the Venture Brothers in 2014. That's, for me and by far the best remego line so far.
                            I almost had a psychic girlfriend but she dumped me before we met.

If anyone here believes in psychokinesis, please raise my hand.

Comment

• monitor_ep
                              Talkative Member
                              • May 11, 2013

Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎