Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JFAWWE
    • Feb 4, 2008

Originally posted by ZICA
    If the Captain Action guys are cool with it I don't see why figures of these characters couldn't get made.
    Is there a list of characters they have approved? Or is it really just the core characters that are being planned?

I think the Invaders would make great army builders. I always enjoy the villain figures the most - cannot wait to see what the Dr. Evil proto will look like!

Comment

• ZICA
      Persistent Member
      • May 7, 2006

Originally posted by JFAWWE
      Is there a list of characters they have approved? Or is it really just the core characters that are being planned?

I think the Invaders would make great army builders. I always enjoy the villain figures the most - cannot wait to see what the Dr. Evil proto will look like!
      Captain Action, Action Boy, Lady Action and Dr. Evil are the only characters being planned for wave 1. If the line does well it's very possible that more characters could be added.

Comment

• Jeff Cope
        Museum Patron
        • Jun 11, 2013

I think additional villains for the line (and the IP in general) would be a very good thing. There's the old adage that the hero is only as good as his villain. Captain Action's rogues gallery could definitely use a bit of expansion.

Comment

• Hedji
          Citizen of Gotham
          • Nov 17, 2012

I'd go for those Invaders.

Comment

• JFAWWE
            • Feb 4, 2008

Originally posted by Hedji
            I'd go for those Invaders.
            Craig - is it too late to add a 5th figure to the first wave?

Comment

• ZICA
              Persistent Member
              • May 7, 2006

Craig - is it too late to add a 5th figure to the first wave?
              It's not too late, it's too expensive.

Comment

• JFAWWE
                • Feb 4, 2008

It's not too late, it's too expensive.
                Got it - buy lots of the first wave and hope that leads to wave 2

I know you've mentioned Action Jackson in this style - have you designed any secondary characters and villains yet for both scales?

Comment

• ZICA
                  Persistent Member
                  • May 7, 2006

Got it - buy lots of the first wave and hope that leads to wave 2

I know you've mentioned Action Jackson in this style - have you designed any secondary characters and villains yet for both scales?
                  Some ideas have been tossed around but that's about it. I want to get the 8" figure out and see how well it does first before developing the line much further.

Comment

• MIB41
                    Eloquent Member
                    • Sep 25, 2005

Hey Craig. Is this figure in production or is it subject to pre-order volume?

Comment

• ZICA
                      Persistent Member
                      • May 7, 2006

Originally posted by MIB41
                      Hey Craig. Is this figure in production or is it subject to pre-order volume?
                      The figure isn't in production and whether or not it will be does depend on pre-orders. I wish that wasn't the case but unfortunately I'm a small company that's been behind the financial eight ball for far too long now. I can't continue to gamble on these projects and hope people will buy the merchandise once it's been made.

Craig

Comment

• MIB41
                        Eloquent Member
                        • Sep 25, 2005

The figure isn't in production and whether or not it will be does depend on pre-orders. I wish that wasn't the case but unfortunately I'm a small company that's been behind the financial eight ball for far too long now. I can't continue to gamble on these projects and hope people will buy the merchandise once it's been made.

Craig
                        I can respect that. Thanks so much Craig. I wish you nothing but the very best. You make great product.

Comment

• Jeff Cope
                          Museum Patron
                          • Jun 11, 2013

Craig, will Joe & Ed be promoting this line at Comic Con next week?

...and when can we look forward to another preview?

Comment

• ZICA
                            Persistent Member
                            • May 7, 2006

Originally posted by Jeff Cope
                            Craig, will Joe & Ed be promoting this line at Comic Con next week?

...and when can we look forward to another preview?
                            Hey Jeff,

Yes, they'll have images (digital renders) of the Silver Streak and hopefully the Captain Action figure. The figure that was originally shown has been scrapped and a new sculpt is currently being made.

Comment

• Jeff Cope
                              Museum Patron
                              • Jun 11, 2013

Hey Jeff,

Yes, they'll have images (digital renders) of the Silver Streak and hopefully the Captain Action figure. The figure that was originally shown has been scrapped and a new sculpt is currently being made.
                              Interesting. I thought the CA figure looked pretty great. Glad Team Action is gonna be promoting them. Hope the rest of us get a peek at the new figure soon. Thanks Craig!

Comment

• ZICA
                                Persistent Member
                                • May 7, 2006

Originally posted by Jeff Cope
                                Interesting. I thought the CA figure looked pretty great. Glad Team Action is gonna be promoting them. Hope the rest of us get a peek at the new figure soon. Thanks Craig!
                                I liked the first one too but the new version is definitely more impressive. Once the official reveal is done at SDCC I'll be sure to post some pics here and on the ZICA Toys Facebook page.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎