Buying some TOYS? Use these nifty links to help support the Mego Museum!

Support the Museum! Buy toys!
ReMegos @ Entertainment Earth | Megos on eBay | Amazon USA | Amazon UK | Amazon Canada

Running the Museum isn't cheap, and we could use your help!

Page 5 of 33 FirstFirst ... 345671015202530 ... LastLast

Thread: ZICA Doing Captain Action

This sounds very interesting especially with plans to make a Silver Streak in this scale.
    Looking forward to seeing prototypes etc.

I'm a huge G.I. Joe fan, focusing on Real American Hero, and I will be all over the 3 3/4 inch Captain Action. I am a bit disappointed that there won't be O-ring construction. I'm not sure how you do classic RAH without it. Will it be a cut waist like the Sgt. Savage line (but in the smaller 3 3/4th scale) or will they be more like the current 4 inch figures?

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Aricosaur View Post
    I'm a huge G.I. Joe fan, focusing on Real American Hero, and I will be all over the 3 3/4 inch Captain Action. I am a bit disappointed that there won't be O-ring construction. I'm not sure how you do classic RAH without it. Will it be a cut waist like the Sgt. Savage line (but in the smaller 3 3/4th scale) or will they be more like the current 4 inch figures?
    The Type S body has the same type of articulation between the torso and pelvis as the 80's G.I. Joe O-ring figures. It simply replaces the hook and post connection with a ball and socket type design, which actually works better. On the outside these will look very similar to 80's G.I. Joe figures, on the inside they will be new and improved.

Craig

Images
    ^That's what I was kind of thinking. You guys are correcting age-old mistakes from our favorite lines. Keep it up!

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by drquest View Post
    Great interview. Thanks for posting that link. Man, I'm really excited for these toys!

I bought the Zica SMDM figures and will definitely buy any figures, vehicles, and playsets from this line. Since these are going to be in the ARAH style, I think it would be great if Zica could produce some type of adapter (for lack of a better word) that we could insert into our ARAH figures thus eliminating the need for o-rings and making them more durable. Hope that sentence made sense. I guess I just worry about there not being o-rings available someday. Of course, maybe there will always be a need for o-rings for something or other.

I'm eager to see what these will look like.

Quote Originally Posted by ZICA View Post
    The Type S body has the same type of articulation between the torso and pelvis as the 80's G.I. Joe O-ring figures. It simply replaces the hook and post connection with a ball and socket type design, which actually works better. On the outside these will look very similar to 80's G.I. Joe figures, on the inside they will be new and improved.

Craig
    That sounds like it could work. Luckily, I ordered a couple of Type S bodies while they were on sale so I pulled one out. The big issue is the large gap in the waist that would be covered by the cloth costume on the Type S. You'd have to figure out how to replicate the way the RAH figure's rounded bottom of the torso fit into the 'socket' of the pelvis piece while using the Type S 'ball' joint. If I've typed that in a way that makes any since. :/

Well, I'm sure you've got it handled. I've been very happy with everything y'all have done so far. Can't wait to see some prototypes!

I was just thinking about Dr. Evil's long tunic. I hope soft goods are not used. There's got to be a better way. I really dislike soft goods on figures, especially 3-3/4" figures.