X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jeff Cope
    Museum Patron
    • Jun 11, 2013

Originally posted by drquest
    Great interview. Thanks for posting that link. Man, I'm really excited for these toys!

Comment

• amby87
      • Nov 21, 2009

I bought the Zica SMDM figures and will definitely buy any figures, vehicles, and playsets from this line. Since these are going to be in the ARAH style, I think it would be great if Zica could produce some type of adapter (for lack of a better word) that we could insert into our ARAH figures thus eliminating the need for o-rings and making them more durable. Hope that sentence made sense. I guess I just worry about there not being o-rings available someday. Of course, maybe there will always be a need for o-rings for something or other.

Comment

• levyguy
        Veteran Member
        • Sep 4, 2009

I'm eager to see what these will look like.

Comment

• Aricosaur
          Museum Super Collector
          • Jul 26, 2013

Originally posted by ZICA
          The Type S body has the same type of articulation between the torso and pelvis as the 80's G.I. Joe O-ring figures. It simply replaces the hook and post connection with a ball and socket type design, which actually works better. On the outside these will look very similar to 80's G.I. Joe figures, on the inside they will be new and improved.

Craig
          That sounds like it could work. Luckily, I ordered a couple of Type S bodies while they were on sale so I pulled one out. The big issue is the large gap in the waist that would be covered by the cloth costume on the Type S. You'd have to figure out how to replicate the way the RAH figure's rounded bottom of the torso fit into the 'socket' of the pelvis piece while using the Type S 'ball' joint. If I've typed that in a way that makes any since. :/

Well, I'm sure you've got it handled. I've been very happy with everything y'all have done so far. Can't wait to see some prototypes!

Comment

• Jeff Cope
            Museum Patron
            • Jun 11, 2013

I was just thinking about Dr. Evil's long tunic. I hope soft goods are not used. There's got to be a better way. I really dislike soft goods on figures, especially 3-3/4" figures.

Comment

• ZICA
              Persistent Member
              • May 7, 2006

Originally posted by Aricosaur
              That sounds like it could work. Luckily, I ordered a couple of Type S bodies while they were on sale so I pulled one out. The big issue is the large gap in the waist that would be covered by the cloth costume on the Type S. You'd have to figure out how to replicate the way the RAH figure's rounded bottom of the torso fit into the 'socket' of the pelvis piece while using the Type S 'ball' joint. If I've typed that in a way that makes any since. :/

Well, I'm sure you've got it handled. I've been very happy with everything y'all have done so far. Can't wait to see some prototypes!
              Trust me, I've got the design figured out.

Originally posted by Jeff Cope
              I was just thinking about Dr. Evil's long tunic. I hope soft goods are not used. There's got to be a better way. I really dislike soft goods on figures, especially 3-3/4" figures.
              No need to worry about that Jeff, I'm not using soft goods for Dr. Evil's tunic.

Craig

Comment

• Jeff Cope
                Museum Patron
                • Jun 11, 2013

Originally posted by ZICA
                Trust me, I've got the design figured out.

No need to worry about that Jeff, I'm not using soft goods for Dr. Evil's tunic.

Craig
                ...BOOM! My one trepidation...gone! Thanks!

Comment

• cyberjerk
                  • Nov 28, 2013

Very excited to hear about this! Digging the 3 3/4 figures, lately, as flat surfaces have become an endangered species around here.

Comment

• levyguy
                    Veteran Member
                    • Sep 4, 2009

Eager to see prototypes!

Comment

• jayraytee
                      Career Member
                      • May 27, 2011

Originally posted by enyawd72
                      Mego made just as many if not more 3.75 inch figures than they did 8 inch figures. Just sayin'
                      Sure they made pocket heroes and crap like that, but you don't see majorly high prices on Mego pocket heroes or many Mego pocket hero customs. Everyone would have to agree that the main focus of this site is the 8" Megos, the main focus of the community is 8" Mego figures. Probably everyone that comes here is interested in 8" Mego and Mego-like figures, with subsets of people interested in other stuff, Big Jim, GI Joe, Captain Action, He-Man, etc. But all those other lines are relegated to the "Other Toys" section of the board, "Vintage" and "New." Why? Because the majority of people aren't as interested in those things. Even Micronauts, which were made by Mego have their own little "Microverse" subset section, because they are not the main focus of the site.

I am not saying these little 3" plastic toy lines are bad or that nobody is interested in them, but I personally would rather they be seperated out of the ReMego or Mego sections of the board. Give them a place like the "Microverse," if there is even enough interest.
                      Last edited by jayraytee; Apr 8, '14, 12:17 PM.
                      My posts were needlessly deleted ...

Comment

• Scousebadger
                        Veteran Member
                        • Nov 2, 2012

Originally posted by jayraytee
                        Sure they made pocket heroes and crap like that, but you don't see majorly high prices on Mego pocket heroes or many Mego pocket hero customs. Everyone would have to agree that the main focus of this site is the 8" Megos, the main focus of the community is 8" Mego figures. Probably everyone that comes here is interested in 8" Mego and Mego-like figures, with subsets of people interested in other stuff, Big Jim, GI Joe, Captain Action, He-Man, etc. But all those other lines are relegated to the "Other Toys" section of the board, "Vintage" and "New." Why? Because the majority of people aren't as interested in those things. Even Micronauts, which were made by Mego have their own little "Microverse" subset section, because they are not the main focus of the site.

I am not saying these little 3" plastic toy lines are bad or that nobody is interested in them, but I personally would rather they be seperated out of the ReMego or Mego sections of the board. Give them a place like the "Microverse," if there is even enough interest.
                        I apologise if this sounds like I'm deliberately being argumentative. That isn't my intent.

But if ZICA is doing 3.75" figures in a retro Mego style, isn't this the best place for them?

I think all decent attempts (*cough* Funko *cough*) at retro figures deserve support, especially those by smaller companies: 3.75" figures shouldn't be hidden away in some obscure hole or an "other figure" ghetto just because some people only think of 8" scale when the name Mego is mentioned.
                        Last edited by Scousebadger; Apr 10, '14, 9:22 PM.

Comment

• palitoy
                          live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                          • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by jayraytee
                          Sure they made pocket heroes and crap like that, but you don't see majorly high prices on Mego pocket heroes or many Mego pocket hero customs. Everyone would have to agree that the main focus of this site is the 8" Megos, the main focus of the community is 8" Mego figures
                          As one of the people who built this site, I would not agree to this statement. Sorry it's not your cup of tea but this isn't all about the 8" figures here and never was. Most popular? Sure, but we're not going to tell people what they can and can't discuss.
                          Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                          http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Iron Mego
                            Wake Up Heavy
                            • Jan 31, 2010

Plus, this is in the Zica subsection already, so it ain't taking up any space in the Mego related areas.
                            Wake Up Heavy Podcast

Find me on Twitter

Comment

• enyawd72
                              Maker of Monsters!
                              • Oct 1, 2009

Originally posted by palitoy
                              As one of the people who built this site, I would not agree to this statement. Sorry it's not your cup of tea but this isn't all about the 8" figures here and never was. Most popular? Sure, but we're not going to tell people what they can and can't discuss.
                              THANK YOU!

And I hardly think pocket heroes and such should be referred to as crap. Fact is MEGO made a lot more 3.75 inch figures than they did 8 inch. They were big sellers and have a loyal following.

Comment

• jonwes
                                Museum Patron
                                • Nov 17, 2011

I saw the story about this in Little Plastic Men, and think it's a really cool idea!

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎