Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 12345813182328 ... LastLast

Thread: ZICA Doing Captain Action

I'd like to see an 8" Captain Action line with 7" Action Boy. Sounds interesting!
    But I hope Round 2 will bring back the 9' Action Boy and uniforms for him.

Images
    3 3/4" it seems...

http://13thdimension.com/exclusive-n...h-line-coming/

Oh and it mentions a Silver Streak as well.

Images
    I'm all over this.

Chris

I've been given the green light to officially spill the beans on the Captain Action project. The format is 3.75" scale done in the classic 80's Hasbro G.I. Joe style. Starting out the line will include Captain Action, Action Boy, Dr. Evil and the Silver Streak! The press release says "Kenner" style which is incorrect. The original plan was to go that route but I started to think the 80's G.I. Joe style would be a better choice. Work is just starting on the project but hopefully I'll have some prototype shots to share fairly soon.

Craig

Gonna need a Lady Action ala the Baroness if you are going the Yo Joe route.

I would have preferred Kenner, but I trust ZICA and will keep an open mind.

This fellow dd some 3.75 CA customs (scroll to bottom of the page)
    http://www.popculturecentral.com/custom-figures.html

Not sure how I feel about no costumes for this scale. Maybe they should be Micronaut style with some intercangable parts?

The 3 3/4" figure will be very cool I'm sure and I hope they do really well. That said I have a huge collection of 6" Marvel Legends and DC Universe Classics figures and would love it if this scale could be considered. I know it's not a classic style which is Zica's niche but still I know a lot of vintage kids that collect this scale. Also vehicles like the Silver Streak in that scale would sell to both collectors and customizers since it's hard to find cool vehicles in this scale. A boy can dream.

Craig S
    AstroJoe62
    I'm Selling Cool Retro Graphics at Zazzle
    I Also Have Fun Stuff for Sale on My Sales Trade Page

Quote Originally Posted by ZICA View Post
    I've been given the green light to officially spill the beans on the Captain Action project. The format is 3.75" scale done in the classic 80's Hasbro G.I. Joe style. Starting out the line will include Captain Action, Action Boy, Dr. Evil and the Silver Streak! The press release says "Kenner" style which is incorrect. The original plan was to go that route but I started to think the 80's G.I. Joe style would be a better choice. Work is just starting on the project but hopefully I'll have some prototype shots to share fairly soon.

Craig
    Last edited by AstroJoe62; Mar 19, '14 at 11:01 AM.

Craig, you have made me a very happy camper. Best news I've heard in a long time.

Images
    The G.I. Joe RAH style works better for the character, in my opinion. There were a few RAH vehicles that recalled a bit of the Silver Streak, so that works too. Very jazzed for this!

Chris