Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • levyguy
    Veteran Member
    • Sep 4, 2009

What are the chances that Action Boy & the Silver Streak will get made?

Comment

• ZICA
      Persistent Member
      • May 7, 2006

Originally posted by levyguy
      What are the chances that Action Boy & the Silver Streak will get made?
      At this point I honestly have no idea but I'm trying to remain optimistic that they will get made. Having Boss Fight Studio involved with the development should be a huge help in making that happen, especially since they seem to have a rockstar status with people who collect modern action figures.

Comment

• Bionicfanboy66
        Career Member
        • Jul 30, 2012

Originally posted by ZICA
        Captain Action is ready to kick some butt and take names!

Put me down for at least two of these figures. One for customizing.

Comment

• Mego Milk
          Custom Mego Maker
          • Jun 3, 2007

!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• the_Archivist
            • Jul 29, 2014

Originally posted by ZICA
            At this point I honestly have no idea but I'm trying to remain optimistic that they will get made. Having Boss Fight Studio involved with the development should be a huge help in making that happen, especially since they seem to have a rockstar status with people who collect modern action figures.
            Boss Fight certainly does seem to have a large following of devoted fans.

The only thing I notice with this line that is different than other recent 4" action figure Kickstarters is the lack of "army builders" or other items to purchase other than the figure itself. I would think getting enough people to only buy one or two figures of Captain Action may be a difficult feat.
            Do you plan on offering different decos of Captain Action? I think even if you used the same mold you might be able to get some more purchases if he came in a couple different decos. I think that it works for his character especially since he can mimic other super heroes. I'm not sure if you can offer specific suits or not but even just having the color schemes would be a pretty cool start. Red/Blue, Blue/Yellow, etc...

Kickstarter exclusives are also highly desired to get people to sign on during the campaign.

I also see there is 2 Kickstarters planned/talked about for the same time frame. I'm not sure how that will effect this one overall though because they are a little different. One is the Morphonauts and the other is the Eon Quest.
            Last edited by the_Archivist; Oct 6, '14, 8:49 AM.

Comment

• ZICA
              Persistent Member
              • May 7, 2006

Originally posted by the_Archivist
              Boss Fight certainly does seem to have a large following of devoted fans.

The only thing I notice with this line that is different than other recent 4" action figure Kickstarters is the lack of "army builders" or other items to purchase other than the figure itself. I would think getting enough people to only buy one or two figures of Captain Action may be a difficult feat.
              Do you plan on offering different decos of Captain Action? I think even if you used the same mold you might be able to get some more purchases if he came in a couple different decos. I think that it works for his character especially since he can mimic other super heroes. I'm not sure if you can offer specific suits or not but even just having the color schemes would be a pretty cool start. Red/Blue, Blue/Yellow, etc...

Kickstarter exclusives are also highly desired to get people to sign on during the campaign.

I also see there is 2 Kickstarters planned/talked about for the same time frame. I'm not sure how that will effect this one overall though because they are a little different. One is the Morphonauts and the other is the Eon Quest.
              Yes, this particular line doesn't have nearly the amount of options that the most recent Kickstarters have included. That's why the main funding goal will only be for Captain Action, with other figures being added on as stretch goals. As for other decos, the figure will be offered in two additional versions, both of which will be revealed once the Kickstarter campaign goes live.

Comment

• the_Archivist
                • Jul 29, 2014

That is some great news

Comment

• TRDouble
                  Permanent Member
                  • Jul 10, 2012

There is a great looking picture of the Captain Action prototype at the AFi NYCC Captain Action gallery.

Wish this could be fleshed out into a full line:

Captain Action
                  Action Boy
                  Dr. Evil
                  Captain Action in Arctic Uniform
                  Silver Streak w/ Lady Action

Just seeing the NYCC prototype, this is a line that deserves to be on the pegs at Toys R Us, at the very least.

Comment

• Jeff Cope
                    Museum Patron
                    • Jun 11, 2013

Those figures are planned, but depend upon the success of the Kickstarter.

But, I agree...these deserve a mass release.

Comment

• Jeff Cope
                      Museum Patron
                      • Jun 11, 2013

Just saw the AFi pic. Figure looks great. But, I'm disappointed that the figure is just sorta there. There's no signage saying "watch for the upcoming Kickstarter" or anything to draw passers-by. Typical 3-3/4" collectors are generally going to walk on by the CA booth because it's 12" and the target audience at the Con may well miss seeing this awesome figure is even there.

Comment

• TRDouble
                        Permanent Member
                        • Jul 10, 2012

It is not just the ZICA figure.

Besides the designer looking figure with the coming soon placard, from what I can see, nothing is advertised or promoted. The Tonner dolls are big (are these the 16" dolls?) and will stand out, but, and no disrespect to the CA people, it is a poorly set up booth.

Comment

• ZICA
                          Persistent Member
                          • May 7, 2006

Originally posted by Jeff Cope
                          Just saw the AFi pic. Figure looks great. But, I'm disappointed that the figure is just sorta there. There's no signage saying "watch for the upcoming Kickstarter" or anything to draw passers-by. Typical 3-3/4" collectors are generally going to walk on by the CA booth because it's 12" and the target audience at the Con may well miss seeing this awesome figure is even there.
                          Yeah, I wish it was showcased a little better but this was a very rushed situation. The painted figure was shipped to the Captain Action guys (Joe and Ed) directly from Boss Fight, I haven't even seen it first hand yet. I think today they may have a backdrop of the Silver Streak behind the figure. Once the Kickstarter is live I'll be sure that the word gets out.

Comment

• ZICA
                            Persistent Member
                            • May 7, 2006

Here's a promo image of the painted sample.

Comment

• enyawd72
                              Maker of Monsters!
                              • Oct 1, 2009

Craig, I really, really hope this works out for you this time. You deserve success for all of your efforts. That prototype is just gorgeous. I'm not going to sugarcoat it though...I'm extremely worried about your teaming up with Ed and Joe, because they have completely and utterly botched the 12" Captain Action line.
                              I saw the pics from their booth. Promoting Loki? Really? That set came out what...two or three years ago now? Where are the DC sets they keep promising? Where is this supposedly in development animated series? These guys are really good at promising a lot and delivering little.
                              Last edited by enyawd72; Oct 10, '14, 1:39 PM.

Comment

• MIB41
                                Eloquent Member
                                • Sep 25, 2005

Originally posted by enyawd72
                                Craig, I really, really hope this works out for you this time. You deserve success for all of your efforts. That prototype is just gorgeous. I'm not going to sugarcoat it though...I'm extremely worried about your teaming up with Ed and Joe, because they have completely and utterly botched the 12" Captain Action line.
                                I saw the pics from their booth. Promoting Loki? Really? That set came out what...two or three years ago now? Where are the DC sets they keep promising? Where is this supposedly in development animated series? These guys are really good at promising a lot and delivering little.
                                Perfectly said Dwayne. I second the motion. I wish you all the best Craig with this line, but watch those guys. Their reputation for backstabbing when the well runs dry is documented in great detail.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎