X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ZICA
    Persistent Member
    • May 7, 2006

Originally posted by the_Archivist
    Hi Craig, is late August still a possibility for the Kisckstarter? If so do you have any idea of the types of rewards you plan on offering or # of figures in your initial line?

Thanks,
    It's probably going to be more like late September at this point because I want to have the painted prototype finished first. I think having photos of it in the Kickstarter will help improve the odds of getting it funded. I haven't given much thought to the rewards but I know I'm going to try and keep things very simple. The main funding goal will be for the Captain Action figure with Action Boy, Dr. Evil, Lady Action and the Silver Streak being added on as stretch goals. This way I'm hoping that at the very least the Captain Action figure will get made.

Comment

• the_Archivist
      • Jul 29, 2014

Thanks for the update and information. I can't wait for the Kickstarter, I am really looking forward to it.

Comment

• Jeff Cope
        Museum Patron
        • Jun 11, 2013

I'd like to suggest that Dr. Evil be the first stretch goal. If I could only get two figures out of any line I'd want them to be the main hero and main villain, and build from there. But, I'm in either way (to the extent my finances and my wife allow)

Comment

• ZICA
          Persistent Member
          • May 7, 2006

Originally posted by Jeff Cope
          I'd like to suggest that Dr. Evil be the first stretch goal. If I could only get two figures out of any line I'd want them to be the main hero and main villain, and build from there. But, I'm in either way (to the extent my finances and my wife allow)
          The stretch goal order will be Dr. Evil, Action Boy, Lady Action and the Silver Streak.

Comment

• Jeff Cope
            Museum Patron
            • Jun 11, 2013

Originally posted by ZICA
            The stretch goal order will be Dr. Evil, Action Boy, Lady Action and the Silver Streak.
            Sweet. Sounds fantastic.

Comment

• ZICA
              Persistent Member
              • May 7, 2006

Approved concept art for Action Boy, Dr. Evil and Lady Action.

Comment

• the_Archivist
                • Jul 29, 2014

Those look amazing, I can't wait for the figure renders next. I'm really glad you went with the more modern approach. I hope it pays off.
                Last edited by the_Archivist; Aug 26, '14, 1:32 PM.

Comment

• Jeff Cope
                  Museum Patron
                  • Jun 11, 2013

Fantastic. Love the designs. Finally, CA they way I've always wanted him!

Comment

• levyguy
                    Veteran Member
                    • Sep 4, 2009

I hope CA, AB and the SS actually get made and that somehow I can afford to get them .

Comment

• the_Archivist
                      • Jul 29, 2014

Originally posted by levyguy
                      I hope CA, AB and the SS actually get made and that somehow I can afford to get them .
                      Yeah me too, the best thing we can do now is start generating some awareness for them. Then, when the kickstarter starts a large number of people know about them and pledge.
                      I've started a couple threads at a few different forums that I read. Let's get the word out!

As for the price per figure, I doubt we will know until the Kickstarter. I'm sure it takes a lot to get all the estimates in and figure out all the rewards, stretch goals, etc...
                      Last edited by the_Archivist; Aug 27, '14, 7:24 AM.

Comment

• the_Archivist
                        • Jul 29, 2014

We're halfway through September, Are these still on track for a late Sept Kickstarter?

Craig, if you don't mind me asking, what made you change your mind from having these be a more retro style to a modern style?

Comment

• ZICA
                          Persistent Member
                          • May 7, 2006

Originally posted by the_Archivist
                          We're halfway through September, Are these still on track for a late Sept Kickstarter?

Craig, if you don't mind me asking, what made you change your mind from having these be a more retro style to a modern style?
                          Probably more like the end of October now. I'm still waiting on Boss Fight Studio to finish the tooling master and paint master pieces, which will hopefully be done soon. The plan is to have the paint master piece on display at the Captain Action booth during the NYCC, which starts on October 9th.

The decision to move from a retro design to a modern design came about when I saw how well two different Kickstarter campaigns were doing, both of which were for modern 4" figures. It seems like the odds of the line being a success are considerably higher with the modern design approach.

Craig

Comment

• Jeff Cope
                            Museum Patron
                            • Jun 11, 2013

The decision to move from a retro design to a modern design came about when I saw how well two different Kickstarter campaigns were doing, both of which were for modern 4" figures. It seems like the odds of the line being a success are considerably higher with the modern design approach.

Craig
                            I was excited when it was first announced as "retro", but I got to admit...I got even more excited when you chose to go the modern route. Then I hot even more excited when Boss Fight got involved.

So, it's safe to say I'm excited!

Comment

• ZICA
                              Persistent Member
                              • May 7, 2006

Originally posted by Jeff Cope
                              I was excited when it was first announced as "retro", but I got to admit...I got even more excited when you chose to go the modern route. Then I hot even more excited when Boss Fight got involved.

So, it's safe to say I'm excited!
                              I've seen a resin casting of the figure and was extremely impressed with how it turned out. There's only one thing that needs some tweaking and I'm hoping that get's fixed soon. Once I have an approved sample I'll be sure to post some pics.

Comment

• Scousebadger
                                Veteran Member
                                • Nov 2, 2012

I've seen a resin casting of the figure and was extremely impressed with how it turned out. There's only one thing that needs some tweaking and I'm hoping that get's fixed soon. Once I have an approved sample I'll be sure to post some pics.
                                If YOU'RE happy then we're bound to be blown away!

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎