ZICA Doing Captain Action

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • the_Archivist
    • Jul 29, 2014

Are you still going live with the Kickstarter in January? Should be this week if you are still on schedule. I'm excited for this to get started.

Comment

• ZICA
      Persistent Member
      • May 7, 2006

Originally posted by the_Archivist
      Are you still going live with the Kickstarter in January? Should be this week if you are still on schedule. I'm excited for this to get started.
      Plans for how the Kickstarter will be structured have changed and it won't be launching this month. The direction it's going in now will drastically improve the odds of it funding. Details coming soon.

Comment

• Boywonder0
        Persistent Member
        • Dec 29, 2007

Ah, the suspense...

Comment

• the_Archivist
          • Jul 29, 2014

I like the sound of a drastically improving the odds of being funded.

Out of curiosity do you plan on including him in the Eagle Force Kickstarter or are those going to be kept separate? Since you guys announced the Eagle Force line I though adding him to that would help both of the lines since they are going to be very similar and work well with each other.

Comment

• ZICA
            Persistent Member
            • May 7, 2006

I like the sound of a drastically improving the odds of being funded.

Out of curiosity do you plan on including him in the Eagle Force Kickstarter or are those going to be kept separate? Since you guys announced the Eagle Force line I though adding him to that would help both of the lines since they are going to be very similar and work well with each other.
            All of the details will be revealed via a podcast that's being recorded tonight. Once it's available I'll post a link here.

Comment

• the_Archivist
              • Jul 29, 2014

I saw that these are going to be included with the Eagle Force Kickstarter now. Does that mean that you still only plan on offering the other characters (Dr. Evil, Action Boy, and Lady Action) as stretch goals or do you plan on adding them to the Kickstarter? Or do you still just plan on only adding Captain Action and his 2 additional decos?

Thanks

Comment

• ZICA
                Persistent Member
                • May 7, 2006

I saw that these are going to be included with the Eagle Force Kickstarter now. Does that mean that you still only plan on offering the other characters (Dr. Evil, Action Boy, and Lady Action) as stretch goals or do you plan on aadding them to the Kickstarter? Or do you still just plan on only adding Captain Action and his 2 additional decos?

Thanks
                Captain Action and the 2 additional decos are all that will be offered in the line for this particular Kickstarter. Reason being is because digital sculpts have not been made for Dr. Evil, Action Boy or Lady Action, they only exist as concept art at this point. The development time needed to get those sculpts made if the characters were added on as stretch goals would put both projects way behind schedule.

Comment

• MIB41
                  Eloquent Member
                  • Sep 25, 2005

Those look VERY nice Craig! I look forward to seeing those make production. That would be a nice addition to any CA collection. Great work.

Comment

• ODBJBG
                    Permanent Member
                    • May 15, 2009

Is this live yet?

Comment

• ZICA
                      Persistent Member
                      • May 7, 2006

Originally posted by ODBJBG
                      Is this live yet?
                      It's been pushed back to this summer so that development on the Eagle Force line can be finished. More info here.

Comment

• Tigger
                        • Jul 15, 2014

With both Captain Action and Eagle Force being in the same Kickstarter now, I only hope that at least one figure from each property is available from the get go. It would seem like a pretty bad move to force backers to pledge for one property (that they may not be interested in) to get to figures from another.

Comment

• ZICA
                          Persistent Member
                          • May 7, 2006

Originally posted by Tigger
                          With both Captain Action and Eagle Force being in the same Kickstarter now, I only hope that at least one figure from each property is available from the get go. It would seem like a pretty bad move to force backers to pledge for one property (that they may not be interested in) to get to figures from another.
                          There will be at least one character from each property available and backers will have the choice to pledge for individual figures or group sets.

Comment

• Tigger
                            • Jul 15, 2014

Originally posted by ZICA
                            There will be at least one character from each property available and backers will have the choice to pledge for individual figures or group sets.
                            Perfect! That's the right way to approach the campaign since both properties are involved now. Can't wait!

Comment

• ODBJBG
                              Permanent Member
                              • May 15, 2009

That's cool. I'll confess I'm a bit less interested when this isn't just straight up CA, because if it was CA I feel like I could push more for things that would make great Stretch Goals like the Silver Streak and Dr. Evil, etc. But I understand the need to roll it into what may be perceived as a Kickstarter with more potential.

Comment

• enyawd72
                                Maker of Monsters!
                                • Oct 1, 2009

Looking forward to seeing some actual prototypes...hopefully soon!
                                Last edited by enyawd72; Feb 22, '15, 9:59 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎