X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jeff Cope
    Museum Patron
    • Jun 11, 2013

Originally posted by ZICA
    So far it's looking like I'll be able to launch the Kickstarter at the end of the month.
    That's so exciting!

Comment

• the_Archivist
      • Jul 29, 2014

So far it's looking like I'll be able to launch the Kickstarter at the end of the month.
      That is great news!. Are you guys going to be at SDCC promoting the upcoming line? Maybe with some new reveals with the Kickstarter?

Comment

• ZICA
        Persistent Member
        • May 7, 2006

Originally posted by the_Archivist
        That is great news!. Are you guys going to be at SDCC promoting the upcoming line? Maybe with some new reveals with the Kickstarter?
        Unfortunately no, I won't be at the SDCC.

Comment

• Jeff Cope
          Museum Patron
          • Jun 11, 2013

...are we getting close, Craig?

Comment

• ZICA
            Persistent Member
            • May 7, 2006

Originally posted by Jeff Cope
            ...are we getting close, Craig?
            Unfortunately no, it's looking like the end of August now for the Kickstarter. There's still some tweaking being done to the digital models which should be wrapped up pretty soon. The first wave will have a total of 5 characters, not including the color variants for Captain Action, and I've added some new weapons.

Comment

• Jeff Cope
              Museum Patron
              • Jun 11, 2013

Cool. Good to know. More time to save up!

Comment

• ODBJBG
                Permanent Member
                • May 15, 2009

I can't recall anymore, is this going to be an actual Captain Action Kickstarter? For some reason I thought this was being bundled into something else (which disappointed me) but it's been such a long project in the works, I may have gotten something jumbled up over time.

Comment

• ZICA
                  Persistent Member
                  • May 7, 2006

Originally posted by ODBJBG
                  I can't recall anymore, is this going to be an actual Captain Action Kickstarter? For some reason I thought this was being bundled into something else (which disappointed me) but it's been such a long project in the works, I may have gotten something jumbled up over time.
                  There were plans to bundle the Captain Action and Eagle Force Kickstarters together but that's been nixed. The plan now is to launch the Captain Action Kickstarter by itself and it will include 7 figures total, 2 of which are Captain Action variants. I was aiming for the end of this month to launch it but I might switch to the beginning of October to coincide with the NYCC. Captain Action Enterprises might have a booth there and it would be a perfect venue to promote the Kickstarter.

Comment

• KLAATU
                    Museum Patron
                    • Feb 3, 2009

Any updates? Getting super-excited.

Comment

• ZICA
                      Persistent Member
                      • May 7, 2006

Originally posted by KLAATU
                      Any updates? Getting super-excited.
                      The resin pieces for the painted samples are being cast now and I should have them back by the end of next week. Odds are it will take 2 to 3 weeks for the painted samples to be finished. Once I have those in hand I'll be able to launch the Kickstarter.

Comment

• ZICA
                        Persistent Member
                        • May 7, 2006

Here are the resin casts for the 3 of the 5 figures that will be included in the Kickstarter. The remaining 2 figures will be revealed when the Kickstarter goes live, which will hopefully be soon. The next step is to have painted samples made. Almost there!

Comment

• sprytel
                          Talkative Member
                          • Jun 26, 2009

The bags make them a little hard to analyze all the details... but they definitely look good. I think this is going to play well both with the Captain Action and the RAH fans.

Comment

• the_Archivist
                            • Jul 29, 2014

Here are the resin casts for the 3 of the 5 figures that will be included in the Kickstarter. The remaining 2 figures will be revealed when the Kickstarter goes live, which will hopefully be soon. The next step is to have painted samples made. Almost there!

How is the painting going? Are you going to reveal the paint masters before the KS campaign or during?

So you have announced the following figures:
                            Captain Action in blue uniform
                            Captain Action in black uniform
                            Captain Action in purple uniform
                            Captain Evil
                            Action Jackson

and 2 more?
                            Last edited by the_Archivist; Oct 20, '15, 8:10 AM.

Comment

• ZICA
                              Persistent Member
                              • May 7, 2006

Originally posted by the_Archivist
                              How is the painting going? Are you going to reveal the paint masters before the KS campaign or during?

So you have announced the following figures:
                              Captain Action in blue uniform
                              Captain Action in black uniform
                              Captain Action in purple uniform
                              Captain Evil
                              Action Jackson

and 2 more?
                              The painting is going well but there was a short delay due to having to wait on some additional parts to be cast. The paint masters will be revealed during the Kickstarter campaign, plus two other surprises that I haven't even mentioned yet.

There will be a total of 7 figures offered in the Kickstarter, 5 for the main funding goal and 2 for stretch goals. The uniform color variants of Captain Action are the two figures that will be offered as stretch goals.

Comment

• the_Archivist
                                • Jul 29, 2014

The painting is going well but there was a short delay due to having to wait on some additional parts to be cast. The paint masters will be revealed during the Kickstarter campaign, plus two other surprises that I haven't even mentioned yet.

There will be a total of 7 figures offered in the Kickstarter, 5 for the main funding goal and 2 for stretch goals. The uniform color variants of Captain Action are the two figures that will be offered as stretch goals.
                                Any chance you'll offer "blank" type figures in solid colors? Maybe like light grey or royal blue?
                                Last edited by the_Archivist; Oct 20, '15, 12:09 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎