Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jeff Cope
    Museum Patron
    • Jun 11, 2013

Any update on when the KS might be launching?

Comment

• ZICA
      Persistent Member
      • May 7, 2006

Originally posted by Jeff Cope
      Any update on when the KS might be launching?
      The way things are looking now it will be at the end of January. The Captain Action sculpt is going through some tweaks, revisions and improvements. All this stuff should be done fairly soon but I didn't think it would make good sense to launch the Kickstarter when we're heading into the craziness of the Christmas shopping season.

Comment

• TRDouble
        Permanent Member
        • Jul 10, 2012

That's a good idea. You might lose sales due to Christmas shopping, but may very well gain sales with people that get money for Christmas.

Comment

• the_Archivist
          • Jul 29, 2014

Originally posted by ZICA
          The way things are looking now it will be at the end of January. The Captain Action sculpt is going through some tweaks, revisions and improvements. All this stuff should be done fairly soon but I didn't think it would make good sense to launch the Kickstarter when we're heading into the craziness of the Christmas shopping season.
          I'm not sure if will affect your plans at all but last I heard the Four Horsemen plan on launching their Mythic Legions line as a kickstarter in or around January as well.

I'll just wait patiently until then.
          Last edited by the_Archivist; Nov 14, '14, 2:14 PM.

Comment

• Jeff Cope
            Museum Patron
            • Jun 11, 2013

As much as I hate to wait...I think it's right. My funds are generally short anyway, and moreso around Christmas.

Comment

• the_Archivist
              • Jul 29, 2014

So with the issues with the other BFS design issues are you having them check into the Captain Action figures to ensure they do not have the same problems? Also, have you pretty much finalized the rest of the initial pre-kickstarter stuff and ready to start the campaign or is there more to do to get ready for it?

Last question (for now) Have you settled on cost/price for rewards? I like to prepare for large-ish purchases if I can, so if you have a ball-park idea of what the price the tier to get all the figures would be, that would be great. If you can't divulge that just yet though, I understand.

Thanks,

Comment

• D!n0-M@n
                w/ Life-Like Hair & Beard
                • Sep 17, 2008

Originally posted by luclin999
                3.75" just doesn't do it for me at all.

Going to be giving this line a pass.
                Ditto. I have zero interest in this scale.
                MY GODS ARE SMALL...... AND PLASTIC!

Comment

• jayraytee
                  Career Member
                  • May 27, 2011

Originally posted by D!n0-M@n
                  Ditto. I have zero interest in this scale.
                  Yep, I am only here at the Mego Museum for Mego-like figures, I won't be visiting the 3" Museum.
                  My posts were needlessly deleted ...

Comment

• ZICA
                    Persistent Member
                    • May 7, 2006

Originally posted by the_Archivist
                    So with the issues with the other BFS design issues are you having them check into the Captain Action figures to ensure they do not have the same problems? Also, have you pretty much finalized the rest of the initial pre-kickstarter stuff and ready to start the campaign or is there more to do to get ready for it?

Last question (for now) Have you settled on cost/price for rewards? I like to prepare for large-ish purchases if I can, so if you have a ball-park idea of what the price the tier to get all the figures would be, that would be great. If you can't divulge that just yet though, I understand.

Thanks,
                    Assuming you're referring to the Marauder figures that Boss Fight worked on, I don't feel like the issues are are due to poor designs. Based on my own experience I would say that the inability of the factory to do quality work is what's causing the problems.

I'm waiting on some minor revisions to be finalized on the Captain Action sculpt but everything is still on schedule for an end of January Kickstarter. The plan now is to only have the Captain Action figure in the Kickstarter since the sculpting stage is pretty much done. The other figures only exist as concept art and I'd feel more comfortable having them further along in development before including them in a Kickstarter campaign.

The price will most likely fall in the $20 to $25 range and there will be three versions, each with a different paint deco. The figure will have interchangeable hands and I'll be including an extra weapon that hasn't been revealed yet.

Craig

Comment

• Joshua the Atomic Robot
                      Veteran Member
                      • Aug 14, 2012

Originally posted by jayraytee
                      Yep, I am only here at the Mego Museum for Mego-like figures, I won't be visiting the 3" Museum.
                      Mego did make plenty of 3.75" action figures, you know.
                      Micronauts, Pocket Heroes, Star Trek, Buck Rogers, The Black Hole, etc... It's okay not to be in to that scale, but you can't say they aren't "Mego-like."

Comment

• palitoy
                        live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                        • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by Joshua the Atomic Robot
                        Micronauts, Pocket Heroes, Star Trek, Buck Rogers, The Black Hole, etc... It's okay not to be in to that scale, but you can't say they aren't "Mego-like."
                        Yeah I think Mego may have made more 3 3/4" figures than 8" but I've never done the math. Either way, they fall under Mego's categories and are totally welcome at the Museum. We have nothing but love for this format.
                        Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                        http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• the_Archivist
                          • Jul 29, 2014

Assuming you're referring to the Marauder figures that Boss Fight worked on, I don't feel like the issues are are due to poor designs. Based on my own experience I would say that the inability of the factory to do quality work is what's causing the problems.

I'm waiting on some minor revisions to be finalized on the Captain Action sculpt but everything is still on schedule for an end of January Kickstarter. The plan now is to only have the Captain Action figure in the Kickstarter since the sculpting stage is pretty much done. The other figures only exist as concept art and I'd feel more comfortable having them further along in development before including them in a Kickstarter campaign.

The price will most likely fall in the $20 to $25 range and there will be three versions, each with a different paint deco. The figure will have interchangeable hands and I'll be including an extra weapon that hasn't been revealed yet.

Craig
                          Yeah, I meant the Marauder figures. I haven't heard what the problem was but I thought I read that BFS was also helping to get the issue resolved.

Can't wait for January.

Comment

• jayraytee
                            Career Member
                            • May 27, 2011

Originally posted by Joshua the Atomic Robot
                            Yeah Mego made all kinds of stuff... but when people say Mego Figures or Mego-like they usually mean 8" clothed figures in the style of Mego's. I mean people's minds don't autmoatically jump to pocket heroes, the 2-XL Robot or micronaughts. Mego-like is almost synonymous with the 8" or 12" clothed format. Look up Mego Copr and almost all the discussion is on 8" and 12" figures; http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mego_Corporation

I don't mind 3" figure discussion here, I just wish it had it's own section like the Micronaughts do instead of being mixed in with everything else. For me personally, I read these reMego sections looking for information on Mego-like figures, aka 8" clothed figures. I would rather not wade through a lot of Micronaught threads or 3" format figure threads to find what I am looking for. The format is very different. I mean if you had a 3" section, people could talk reAction and 3" GI Joe-like figures, or pocket heroes or any of this other stuff. That would make sense.
                            Last edited by jayraytee; Dec 19, '14, 4:05 PM.
                            My posts were needlessly deleted ...

Comment

• Scousebadger
                              Veteran Member
                              • Nov 2, 2012

ZICA is posting info about their products in their section of the site.

ZICA produces figures in various scales. It seems daft for Craig (and other figure companies) to split up where they post product stuff when they have their own dedicated company sections.

Comment

• ZICA
                                Persistent Member
                                • May 7, 2006

New Captain Action Promo Images!

Here's a little preview of what's coming in 2015 for the 4" scale Captain Action line! What you're looking at are the standard edition blue suit version, the variant purple suit version (actual variant from the 60's toy line), and the stealth suit version.

The line is scheduled to be launched via Kickstarter toward the end of January, at which time a few more juicy details will be revealed!

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎