X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ZICA
    Persistent Member
    • May 7, 2006

Originally posted by Werewolf
    The sculpts are nice but I don't really get giving AJ a Captain Action uniform. I understand from a cost perspective the need to use the same sculpt. But there had to be other paint options to make the figure more unique looking. Even something simple like a green camo jumpsuit and brown boots to give it a bit of a military look or Adventure Team homage.
    I'm going for more of a Super Joe type theme for the first wave of figures.

Comment

• JFAWWE
      • Feb 4, 2008

Hi Craig,

Did I miss today's reveal? Really loving the look of these. If they are successful can you do more frequent releases? As a collector I'm always wanting to make my collection bigger and would be more willing to purchase independent toys more if there wasn't such large gaps between releases. Matt at Glyos seems to have this down pat now.

Any chance we could see Dr. Evil, Gor, Bullet Man, Big Jim, Zorak or any other cool 70's characters?

Comment

• thunderbolt
        Hi Ernie!!!
        • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by JFAWWE
        Hi Craig,

Did I miss today's reveal? Really loving the look of these. If they are successful can you do more frequent releases? As a collector I'm always wanting to make my collection bigger and would be more willing to purchase independent toys more if there wasn't such large gaps between releases. Matt at Glyos seems to have this down pat now.

Any chance we could see Dr. Evil, Gor, Bullet Man, Big Jim, Zorak or any other cool 70's characters?
        I'm sure I saw the last figure today posted here. It seems to have vanished.
        You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• pmwasson
          Maker
          • Sep 12, 2007

From reading facebook, sound like there was a legal issue on the last figure.
          sigpic LaserMego

Comment

• ZICA
            Persistent Member
            • May 7, 2006

Hi Craig,

Unfortunately there was a legal issue with me using the character that was revealed today but I'm hoping a deal can be made with the license holder so that the figure can be included on the Kickstarter. There's a very good chance you'll see a Dr. Evil figure at some point but it's doubtful on the others.

Comment

• ODBJBG
              Permanent Member
              • May 15, 2009

If I may offer a constructive critique, I find that these guys look very generic. I get that maybe the idea is to do a Super Joe team type of concept, but the headsculpts all look a bit generic and the outfits just being different colors of each other doesn't do anything for me. I loved the idea of Captain Evil being in reverse of CA, but the rest? I'm left with a feeling of meh. Captain Action looks great, as does CE, but shoehorning the rest of the guys to look like them just doesn't excite me.

I'd be happier if you made the other guys outfits more unique, at least in color scheme if you can't do any extra sculpted elements. Right now it feels like 3 of the same figure with slightly different generic heads. Likewise, if you were just going to swap palettes around, I'd rather you did some fun CA variants. Like Jungle Camouflage Captain Action (the green) and a version of Arctic CA.

Likewise, no Dr. Evil is majorly disappointing. It's hard for me to support something if I'm not sure the other half of the equation is coming. Batman with no Joker is no fun. And while I'm sure your plan is for there to be a successful enough line that allows you to do future figures, nothing is guaranteed and if you're asking people to come along for the ride and share in the funding, that's a risk I'm less likely to take if I can't feel like I won't get a complete set of the core guys when I'm done.

Again, take that for what it's worth. I know you've worked very hard on this campaign for a long time. I completely get that, but I am definitely the target audience for this (Big fan of all these properties) and I am not particularly moved with the reveals in the past few days. Don't know if you have time to make any changes or not, but I want this to be successful, so I thought I would at least offer up an opinion on some things I think are a bit weak. At the very least, I would rethink the costumes on the extra characters. JJ in all black with proper hair color would be awesome. AJ with a powder blue jumpsuit color would be cool. Arctic CA is such an easy variant.

Anywho, that's my thoughts.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                Hi Ernie!!!
                • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by pmwasson
                From reading facebook, sound like there was a legal issue on the last figure.
                seems like that would have been thoroughly checked before a big reveal.
                You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• JFAWWE
                  • Feb 4, 2008

Hopefully you will get the rights as that is an awesome figure (finally saw a pic). If you do get the rights does that mean we may get a Zem-21 figure too?

Also saw the Facebook posts and I just want to second that Slade Super Agent would be a great aaddition to the team.

Looking forward to supporting this line as I know your toys are always fun and top notch.

Comment

• ZICA
                    Persistent Member
                    • May 7, 2006

Hopefully you will get the rights as that is an awesome figure (finally saw a pic). If you do get the rights does that mean we may get a Zem-21 figure too?

Also saw the Facebook posts and I just want to second that Slade Super Agent would be a great aaddition to the team.

Looking forward to supporting this line as I know your toys are always fun and top notch.
                    Yes, I'm keeping my fingers crossed that a deal can be made because as far as I know there's never been another toy made of the character since the original Ideal Toys figure. If I do get the rights I'm only planning to do the Knight Of Darkness figure but I wouldn't rule out doing a Zem-21.

Yeah, I think a super agent version of Slade would be pretty cool. I'm looking at that character and one other as a possible replacement for the KOD figure if the deal falls through.

Comment

• ZICA
                      Persistent Member
                      • May 7, 2006

Originally posted by ODBJBG
                      If I may offer a constructive critique, I find that these guys look very generic. I get that maybe the idea is to do a Super Joe team type of concept, but the headsculpts all look a bit generic and the outfits just being different colors of each other doesn't do anything for me. I loved the idea of Captain Evil being in reverse of CA, but the rest? I'm left with a feeling of meh. Captain Action looks great, as does CE, but shoehorning the rest of the guys to look like them just doesn't excite me.

I'd be happier if you made the other guys outfits more unique, at least in color scheme if you can't do any extra sculpted elements. Right now it feels like 3 of the same figure with slightly different generic heads. Likewise, if you were just going to swap palettes around, I'd rather you did some fun CA variants. Like Jungle Camouflage Captain Action (the green) and a version of Arctic CA.

Likewise, no Dr. Evil is majorly disappointing. It's hard for me to support something if I'm not sure the other half of the equation is coming. Batman with no Joker is no fun. And while I'm sure your plan is for there to be a successful enough line that allows you to do future figures, nothing is guaranteed and if you're asking people to come along for the ride and share in the funding, that's a risk I'm less likely to take if I can't feel like I won't get a complete set of the core guys when I'm done.

Again, take that for what it's worth. I know you've worked very hard on this campaign for a long time. I completely get that, but I am definitely the target audience for this (Big fan of all these properties) and I am not particularly moved with the reveals in the past few days. Don't know if you have time to make any changes or not, but I want this to be successful, so I thought I would at least offer up an opinion on some things I think are a bit weak. At the very least, I would rethink the costumes on the extra characters. JJ in all black with proper hair color would be awesome. AJ with a powder blue jumpsuit color would be cool. Arctic CA is such an easy variant.

Anywho, that's my thoughts.

Certain design choices have to be made due to the high development cost of getting a project like this off of the ground. This is why small companies like mine have to find the best way to get more bang for their buck on whatever it is they're developing.

Also, what I've revealed so far are only teaser images that don't show the whole picture. At least one of the concerns you've listed can be eliminated because the feature was planned from the beginning, it just wasn't shown in the teaser image.

Comment

• JFAWWE
                        • Feb 4, 2008

Any chance we could get a group shot of the team together?

Comment

• ZICA
                          Persistent Member
                          • May 7, 2006

Any chance we could get a group shot of the team together?
                          If it wasn't for the fact that I have to borrow parts from a few figures to get a decent shot of just one I would do it. That's the problem with resin samples, sometimes the parts don't fit together very well.

Comment

• ZICA
                            Persistent Member
                            • May 7, 2006

New figures planned for wave 2 of the Captain Action line. These will part of a Kickstarter campaign that will be launched next year which will also include Captain Action's Silver Streak vehicle.

Dr Evil Promo Image.jpgAction Boy Promo Image.jpgLA Promo Image.jpg

Comment

• drquest
                              ~~/\~~\o/~~/\~~Shark!
                              • Apr 17, 2012

Wow did we start talking about these 3 years ago??
                              Danny(Drquest)
                              Captain Action HQ
                              Retro shirts and stuff
                              More retro shirts
                              Stuff For Sale

Comment

• TRDouble
                                Permanent Member
                                • Jul 10, 2012

Nice! Looking forward to seeing these and of course, getting my KS Series 1 figures. I'm not much into this scale anymore, but I love the idea of Captain Action rebooted for today.

If these do well, any though of doing a full ReMego line, maybe as a KS? I missed the original 8" CA and Dr. Evil, but I am sure new ones can be made without stepping on the old ones.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎