X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

Ultra Seven crashes into a toy store

Oh my goodness, where to begin? One, this is not only a mall appearance of one of my favourite characters but it's in a 70s toy store setting.

On top of that it's in a 70s JAPANESE toy store. Adding to this frenzy is one of my holy grails just sitting on a shelf, the Popy Godzilla.

Come to Brian, you look so lonely....

I need to go lie down.
    For more Fashion Mockery and 70's toy love visit us at Plaid Stallions.com

More...
  • cjefferys
    Duke of Gloat
    • Apr 23, 2006

*mind blown* What a fantastic pic, I don't know where to begin either...

Arrgh, you're my competition for a shared toy grail? I'm screwed...

Comment

• Confessional
      Maker & Whatnot
      • Aug 8, 2012

The older I get, the more Japanese toy culture jealously and lust I have. So good!

Comment

• Werewolf
        Inhuman
        • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by RSS
        Adding to this frenzy is one of my holy grails just sitting on a shelf, the Popy Godzilla.[/COLOR][/FONT]
        OMG! I didn't even know about that Godzilla. It is glorious. Puts the Mattel one to shame. I would have so wanted that as a child.

It even roars!

As a video request, here is a quick overview of my Popy Jumbosaurus Godzilla and my Mattel Shogun Warriors Godzilla from around the 1970s. The Popy came ear...
        You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• palitoy
          live. laugh. lisa needs braces
          • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by cjefferys

Arrgh, you're my competition for a shared toy grail? I'm screwed...
          Seeing as I've looked for one twice in the 14 years I've known it existed, I think there should be laughter before and after the words Competition.
          Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
          http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• rche
            channeling Bob Wills
            • Mar 26, 2008

Wow. That is a fantastic photo. And that jumbo Goji just about jumped out of the pic. Not exactly the first thing I noticed, but after I saw it, totally redirected the focus of the pic for me. awesome.

Comment

• thunderbolt
              Hi Ernie!!!
              • Feb 15, 2004

surprised the Jumbo was never repro-ed.
              You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• mazinz
                Persistent Member
                • Jul 2, 2007

Just amazing!- Did someone send this picture in or did you find it "out there"?
                "What motivated him to throw a puppy at the Hells Angels is currently unclear,"

Starroid Raiders Dagon wrote "No Dime Store Monster left behind"

Comment

• vulcan2074
                  Live Long and Prosper
                  • Mar 23, 2008

That's one glorious pic.
                  Sammy

Comment

• cjefferys
                    Duke of Gloat
                    • Apr 23, 2006

Originally posted by palitoy
                    Seeing as I've looked for one twice in the 14 years I've known it existed, I think there should be laughter before and after the words Competition.
                    Ha! But I honestly think this is a toy you just have to find by dumb luck. I have yet to see one in the wild after 15 years of going to Japan (other than one or two overpriced totally beat up ones with missing pieces). Meanwhile a sweet boxed one randomly turns up on that "Collection Intervention" show last year.

That Ultraseven outfit looks pretty nice for a mall appearance suit. Is he signing an undershirt?? I'm trying in vain to make out some of the other toys but can't. It's just a wonderful bit of serendipity that the Popy Godzilla has such a clear, strong presence in that photo.

Comment

• starsky
                      veteran member
                      • Aug 26, 2007

what an awesome photo! absolutely love it!

Comment

• acrovader
                        Career Member
                        • Jan 19, 2011

Yeah. I wish I grew in Japan during the 70's and 80's. It's seems like all the great stuff comes from Japan.
                        I am more than machine. More than man. More than a fusion of the two.

Comment

• steelcouch
                          Career Member
                          • Feb 11, 2006

I had never seen this godzilla before. Ive always loved the takara joe godzilla because it seemed better made than the shogun godzilla but this one is awesome in comparison.

Comment

Working...
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎