Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wayne foundation 07
    Time to feed the cat
    • Dec 30, 2007

It just shows that good things never go out of style,and something as simple as an action figure returns oneself to that peaceful place.May you and your MEGOs always be as one.

Comment

• Action Martin
      Persistent Member
      • Dec 30, 2007

Originally posted by SlipperyLilSuckers
      Whoa. I wish my parents had been like that. Lucky you.
      Yeah, I and later my brothers made out pretty good at Christmas. My dad went overboard with Mego's Micronauts and Kenner's Star Wars figures as well.
      Scott

Comment

• monkey tennis
        "Kiss my face."
        • Jun 8, 2007

I only have a few Star Wars, Action-man and a battered Spider-Man Mego from my childhood. Trying to replace others from way back when.
        Good luck.
        "I've just bought a house. It's got a Buck Rogers Toilet. One yank, all gone!"

Comment

• livnxxxl
          Megoholic RocketScientist
          • Oct 23, 2007

Originally posted by Action Martin
          My dad bought most of them for me. He was never a piece-meal type of guy, when he buys something he wants the whole thing at once. It wasn't odd to see me get 10 Megos for Christmas. My Communion present from him was Kirk, Spock, McCoy, Scottie, and the Klingon. I think it was the following Christmas when "Santa" gave me the entire first wave of Star Trek aliens for Christmas. I think the previous Christmas was the POTA treehouse with the entire first wave of figures.
          That is one }<l Dad!
          Enjoy what you like, and let others enjoy what they like. (C) Azrak 2009

Too much space. Need more toys!

Check out the ever growing Mego like sized vehicles data base.

Comment

• Gorn Captain
            Invincible Ironing Man
            • Feb 28, 2008

I have about 20 megos left from my childhood. My friend and I used to swap and redress them. In the end, the Cheron was wearing Uhura's dress. Kirk survived a fall from our three-storey house rooftop, right into the fishtank in the yard. How's that for tough.

Those were weird times...

My best find? Well, my Mom found The Romulan at a flea market for...50 cents. No kidding. She thought it looked like one of my Mego knights, so she bought it.
            I have the greatest Mom in the world!
            "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• Sideshow Spock
              valar morghulis
              • Mar 8, 2005

You've got a memory like a steel trap. The only 70s toys I truly recall playing with as a kid were Stretch Armstrong, Evel Knievel, and SMDM, and that's probably becuz I had them later than the few Megos I did. I had the Star Trek crew and a couple heroes, but my memory of them is fuzzy. There's no way I would remember them all even if I had dozens like you did!

Comment

• Seeker
                Neptunians RULE!
                • Feb 20, 2008

MY original Mego collection.......

Well I had Kirk,Spock, Mcoy, Uhura,Spiderman and the Austronaut battling the never ending fight against The evil Neptunian, his Klingon 1st officer, Dr Zaius and their evil goon enforcers the Gorn and Gorilla soldier.

They used the Enterprise on a timeshare.

Ya know If they had just slapped a picture of a Klingon ship on the back of a Star trek playset and changed the coloring I bet they could have sold alot more....

The only survivors are a badly beaten up Neptunian and Gorn
                Lo there do I see my Father.
                Lo there do I see my Mother and my Sisters and my Brothers.
                Lo there do I see the line of my people back to the begining.
                Lo they do call me.
                They bid me take my place among them.
                In the halls of Valhalla where the brave may live forever.

Comment

• Action Martin
                  Persistent Member
                  • Dec 30, 2007

Originally posted by Histrionic Spock
                  You've got a memory like a steel trap...I had the Star Trek crew and a couple heroes, but my memory of them is fuzzy. There's no way I would remember them all even if I had dozens like you did!
                  I have a knack for remembering useless and trivial information. I spent so many hours playing with those figures, there is no way I could forget them.
                  Scott

Comment

• wayne foundation 07
                    Time to feed the cat
                    • Dec 30, 2007

How about the orange bendable race tracks for the hot wheels,ever have any of that.My brother and I used it more as weapons than toys ,they made awesome whips got many bruises and cuts from them.But don't the best toys have multiple uses.

Comment

• Action Martin
                      Persistent Member
                      • Dec 30, 2007

No, I never owned Hot Wheels or Matchbox cars as a kid. I did have the tv show Batmobile a few times over the years but that was about it until I came across the Blade Runner cars. Later today I am going to add my 3 3/4 Megos to the thread. Oh, and 2-XL also.
                      Scott

Comment

• wayne foundation 07
                        Time to feed the cat
                        • Dec 30, 2007

I never had the short megos,by the time little figures got popular it was all about GI JOE,the figures were just okay but they went way out on vehicles and add ons.Once they came out it was like Mego who.The neighbor kid was wild about Transformers,never had any of them ,how about you.

Comment

• Action Martin
                          Persistent Member
                          • Dec 30, 2007

Transformers were a bit after my time. I was in high school when Hasbro came out with the 3 3/4 G.I. Joes and Transformers. Both of my younger brothers had the Joes and my youngest brother was wild about Masters of the Universe.
                          Scott

Comment

• wayne foundation 07
                            Time to feed the cat
                            • Dec 30, 2007

Masters of the Universe seemed kinda different,I always thought they could've been more posable.Never had any myself,but they seem pretty pleantiful at the flea markets.

Comment

• SainthoodDenied
                              Veteran Member
                              • Feb 26, 2008

I only had one friend my age that lived relatively close so most of the time my toys were my main companion and I remember some of them pretty well.
                              Mego I had was

WGSH
                              batman
                              spiderman
                              superman

POTA
                              cornelius
                              zira
                              soldier ape
                              catapult and wagon
                              treehouse

Comic Action
                              wonder woman
                              batman
                              robin
                              exploding bridge set

Star Trek
                              spock
                              enterprise bridge playset

Clown Arounds
                              3 gangster clowns
                              army general clown

1 Eagle Force guy, can't remember which
                              Batcopter made by Empire for Mego figures

seems like it but there may had been either wild bill hickock or wyatt earp from american west series also. Now that friend I was talking about, his mom worked in a sears retail and catalog store in the 70s, he had most of every major toy line produced back then. I can still remember the packed shelves in his room.

Chad
                              Last edited by SainthoodDenied; Mar 15, '08, 10:55 AM.
                              Chad

Comment

• tactile2
                                Museum ADDICT
                                • Jan 8, 2008

I was lucky that way too...I was the spolied kid on the block..While I had most of the POTA line...I was a kenner kid (sorry)...and star wars was my game. I pretty much had every single figure and ship and playset available in Canada...I rarely went out as a kid and didn't get a figure. I still have them all...I am just now attaining those hard to find figures NOT available to us up here in the Great White North..the last 17 POTF..I only need 3 more.....So, if any of you have YakFace, Imperial Dignitary and/or pop up light saber R2....and want to spoil the spoiled kid some more...give me a hollar!!!!

But now.....I am addicted to MEGOs again. I enjoy repairing and cleaning them. I did have lots of fun playing with them as a kid. And I am having fun all over again!
                                sigpic
                                LOVE THEM MEGOS...AND ANYTHING STAR WARS!! Visit my web-site www.comicdoctor.com

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎