X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jayraytee
    Career Member
    • May 27, 2011

My Type S Story

Just wanted to share a little story about my order of a few Type S bodies. First let me say I think the bodies are great, vast improvement over the old rubber band bodies. I had some compatability issues with some FTC heads fitting on the body but that wasn't a slam on the Type S, but more of just a variation in quality between companies. The plug on my FTC figures head had a very small gap because the FTC torso is made from much thinner plastic than the Type S torso and therefore the head plug couldn't really grip the type S torso. So it was almost an issue of the Type S being made too well.

But on to my story, I was following tracking and my order stopped moving and not only that it stopped moving at a post office a few towns away... not my post office. So in essense it was going out for delivery from the wrong post office and they got confused. When I got in contact with the post office, they said that the box didn't have the town or zip on it and they didn't know where it should go. They even lectured me about making sure that my mail has the right zip code, blah blah blah. They told me since they didn't know where the box was supposed to go they sent it back to the sender.

I contacted David Lee and the ZICA guys and they were helpful and supportive and were prepared to send the box back if it arrived there. A couple days later the box was on my doorstep, with the original ZICA label with my correct addess. It had gone back to St Louis sorting facility and then was correctly delivered. A 2 day delivery turned into a 10 day one.

My point for telling the story is that David Lee and the guys had done everything correct and were helpful, the US Postal Service had goofed up and then apparently lied to me. So if you have issues with an order or something doesn't arrive as it should don't assume it's the merchant. Not that I've seen any of that here, but I have been an online merchant and have been on the recieving end of a few nasty grams.
    My posts were needlessly deleted ...
  • BATMAN89
    Mego obsessed!!!
    • Jul 20, 2010

Originally posted by jayraytee
    I had some compatability issues with some FTC heads fitting on the body but that wasn't a slam on the Type S, but more of just a variation in quality between companies. The plug on my FTC figures head had a very small gap because the FTC torso is made from much thinner plastic than the Type S torso and therefore the head plug couldn't really grip the type S torso.
    I had the same experience with a Custom Daredevil head, made by Brian Leitner. It's a resculpt of Mego Captain America. The Mego neck plug groove was too thin for the thickness of the Type S neck hole. I didn't want to grind the heck out of my finished head, so I went with a Doc Mego body instead, and it fit just fine.

Also, my wife and I keep having issues with the USPS.
    i had a package from Michigan to me in the Chicago area take like 2 weeks to arrive.
    When I print labels through Ebay / Paypal they say 2 day Priority at the top, but they take 3 days to get to the buyer.
    They have problems.
    Big Kid Toys Facebook Page!

My Good Trader's List
    My Early Custom Megos

Comment

Working...
    😀
    🥰
    🤢
    😎
    😡
    👍