• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • samurainoir
    Eloquent Member
    • Dec 26, 2006

My obsession...
    My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• samurainoir
      Eloquent Member
      • Dec 26, 2006

My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• cjefferys
        Duke of Gloat
        • Apr 23, 2006

Seriously jealous over that Shogun Warriors pack. Something to add to my want list now I guess. The Trek and BOTP ones are cool too. The only three packs I remember buying had three different comics. I remember getting packs with a Star Trek on the front, maybe Dark Shadows on the back and usually something stinky in the middle.

Originally posted by johnnystorm
        You're thinking of a series called March Of Comics that ran as giveaways from the 40s thru the late 70s. Those featured various characters in shoe store giveaways, and there are close to 500 different issues, mostly TV or movie stuff.,some are hard to find and bring decent bucks.
        Yeah, there's a few Carl Barks Donald Duck comics in that series that are the most valuable ones.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
          Verbose Member
          • Mar 7, 2004

The Smiling W in the center of the DC bullet used to bug me, but I still read them. Now those are considered legitimate variants, it seems.

Chris
          sigpic

Comment

• johnnystorm
            Hot Child in the City
            • Jul 3, 2008

Here's the listing for the Dan Curtis giveaways... I believe they were all just lumped under that heading since the 1 st issue was Dark Shadows and obviously none of the rest were Curtis shows.

As for the cartoon ones, they fall under each characters name only. As far as I know there were Mickey Mouse, Donald Duck, & Uncle Scrooge...Daffy Duck, Tweety & Sylvester, & Pink Panther.

Check this out

Last edited by johnnystorm; Mar 13, '14, 3:48 PM.

Comment

• PNGwynne
              Master of Fowl Play
              • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by Nostalgiabuff
              I have four collected volumes of the Gold Trek Key stuff. always enjoyed them
              Wha?! I must search these out.
              WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• VintageMike
                Permanent Member
                • Dec 16, 2004

Definitely remember having a few of these as a kid. I think my favorite one had a Justice League in it. I actually remember seeing comics packs into the '90's at Toys R' US.

Comment

• HardyGirl
                  Mego Museum's Poster Girl
                  • Apr 3, 2007

Holy crow, that listing is expensive! I did get both the Star Trek ones today. YAY!

Originally posted by johnnystorm
                  Here's the listing for the Dan Curtis giveaways... I believe they were all just lumped under that heading since the 1 st issue was Dark Shadows and obviously none of the rest were Curtis shows.

As for the cartoon ones, they fall under each characters name only. As far as I know there were Mickey Mouse, Donald Duck, & Uncle Scrooge...Daffy Duck, Tweety & Sylvester, & Pink Panther.

Check this out

http://bit.ly/1hgtPTI
                  "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
                  'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
                  Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
                  If your mission is magic your love will shine true."

Comment

• cjefferys
                    Duke of Gloat
                    • Apr 23, 2006

Originally posted by PNGwynne
                    Wha?! I must search these out.
                    I picked up a used copy of the first volume on Amazon for cheap. They are still fun to read!

Comment

• mazinz
                      Persistent Member
                      • Jul 2, 2007

Originally posted by samurainoir
                      My obsession...
                      HAHAH I was just going to post something with this. I remember jumping for joy when I finally found a Battle of the Planets 3 pack so many years ago in the early 80's
                      "What motivated him to throw a puppy at the Hells Angels is currently unclear,"

Starroid Raiders Dagon wrote "No Dime Store Monster left behind"

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎