X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 4NDR01D
    Alpha Centauri....OR DIE!
    • Jan 22, 2008

Rocket firing Boba Fett question.

I'm not a hardcore Star Wars collector, and don't really know much about rocket firing Boba Fetts, but I swear I had this figure as a kid. I remember the way it felt pulling down the little lever with the spring in it and it had a j lock. Was the rocket glued in? did they release some like that? I swear I'm not crazy.
  • Hedji
    Citizen of Gotham
    • Nov 17, 2012

Every top collector experts all the way up to Steve Sansweet insist NO ONE had one of these. They never made it past the prototype stage. All the production Fetts had the rocket glued in.

Comment

• Werewolf
      Inhuman
      • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by Hedji
      They never made it past the prototype stage.
      Yep! All the production ones had the missile sonic welded into place. But Hasbro did finally release a replica Kenner rocket firing Boba Fett a couple of years ago as a mail order figure.
      You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• 4NDR01D
        • Jan 22, 2008

Every top collector experts all the way up to Steve Sansweet insist NO ONE had one of these. They never made it past the prototype stage. All the production Fetts had the rocket glued in.
        Ok. I guess I didn't have one then. But even reading that, I'm like, but no I had one lol. It's so strange because I when I first read about them I was scratching my head saying "were'nt all Fetts rocket firing?" I also recall a Stretch Armstrong figure that I've never seen since but the memory is pretty foggy as I'd be about 3 or 4. Either false memory's or maybe I am crazy. It almost feels like a "I saw bigfoot/ufo" type situation because even though you're positive you saw what you saw nobody would ever believe you.

Comment

• 4NDR01D
          • Jan 22, 2008

Originally posted by Werewolf
          Yep! All the production ones had the missile sonic welded into place. But Hasbro did finally release a replica Kenner rocket firing Boba Fett a couple of years ago as a mail order figure.
          but did they sell ones with the spring and j lock with the rocket welded in? It would make sense if thats the one I had.

Comment

• Werewolf
            Inhuman
            • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by 4NDR01D
            but did they sell ones with the spring and j lock with the rocket welded in? It would make sense if thats the one I had.
            No. All the production figures had the spring and launch mechanism totally removed. The back of the figure where the launch tab would have been is completely filled in.

This is the closest most of us with get to owning a Rocket Firing Fett. The mail order replica from 2010. The missile is too long because of modern safety issues but it is still a really nice homage to the original.

A galaxy of information on Star Wars toys, action figures, statues, prop replicas, books, games, comics, miniatures, cards, and other collectibles. Rebelscum covers all the latest news from Hasbro, Hot Toys, JAKKS Pacific, Mattel, Sideshow Collectibles, Gentle Giant Ltd, EFX Collectibles, Kotobukiya, Topps, Marvel Comics, Thinkway Toys, LEGO and much more. Includes product reviews and descriptions, as well as detailed photo galleries of Star Wars related products from vintage to modern. The Rebelscum.com team works tirelessly to cover every aspect of Star Wars collecting in an effort to leave no fan behind.
            You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• samurainoir
              Eloquent Member
              • Dec 26, 2006

My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• rche
                channeling Bob Wills
                • Mar 26, 2008

there also used to be a fellow who made 'test shot' type, unpainted J and L slot firing Fetts. They were pretty close to the real deal, just no paint.

Comment

• Hedji
                  Citizen of Gotham
                  • Nov 17, 2012

Originally posted by rche
                  there also used to be a fellow who made 'test shot' type, unpainted J and L slot firing Fetts. They were pretty close to the real deal, just no paint.
                  Yes, I own one of those. I'll post pics when I get a chance.

Comment

• Hedji
                    Citizen of Gotham
                    • Nov 17, 2012

Here is my replica. Plastic is a little rubbery, and the spring mechanism is underwhelming, but it's probably a good approximation.

Comment

• mikeoz
                      Mego Maker
                      • Mar 9, 2007

^^^^This is the replica I have - only it's painted. It's really well don.
                      Looking for:
                      Lincoln Phantom of the Opera

Comment

• Gorn Captain
                        Invincible Ironing Man
                        • Feb 28, 2008

So basically, Boba Fett was more dangerous in his initial toy form than in the whole movie trilogy.
                        The Empire should have used a whole bunch of these firing Bobas, they might have defeated the Rebellion...
                        "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• rche
                          channeling Bob Wills
                          • Mar 26, 2008

Comment

• Werewolf
                            Inhuman
                            • Jul 14, 2003

Here is my replica. Plastic is a little rubbery, and the spring mechanism is underwhelming, but it's probably a good approximation.
                            Nice. I remember seeing those on ebay years ago. That reminds me, weren't there also sellers offering to customize vintage Fetts into rocket firing?

Comment

Working...
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎