X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • luclin999
    Museum Patron
    • Oct 27, 2011

Originally posted by silentj76
    Yeah, I can't see why people would pay those high prices when you can preorder them at bidbadtoystore and entertainmentearth for $50. I guess some folks just can't wait.
    It popped up in Toys R Us and thus started selling on Ebay at jacked up prices about a week before BBTS or EE had it available even as a pre-order. So those first dozen really impatient people who were willing to pay $200+ for it set enough of a sales precedent to keep the current sellers seeing crazy dollars signs in front of their eyes for this toy even now.

I got mine at TRU on Wednesday...

Comment

• cjefferys
      Duke of Gloat
      • Apr 23, 2006

Nice! Dammit, I was right near a TRU in Buffalo yesterday and didn't stop in to take a look. D'oh!

Comment

• HardyGirl
        Mego Museum's Poster Girl
        • Apr 3, 2007

Even though the body shape is weird, I like that the Bandai sets come w/ break-away building and vehicles. Lots of play value. (don't you wish you had those when you watched the 4:30 Movie?)
        "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
        'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
        Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
        If your mission is magic your love will shine true."

Comment

• 4NDR01D
          Alpha Centauri....OR DIE!
          • Jan 22, 2008

I sold off most of my godzilla stuff last November/December. I had to come to grips with the fact that i wasn't THAT huge of a fan, That I REALLY needed the space that the Godzilla toys took up in my collection, and that I really REALLY needed some X-Mas spending money. However I'm still tempted by this as it's rare for toy stores to carry 40" monsters of any sort. Really wish they made some monsters to battle against him.

Comment

• ubermanx
            Career Member
            • Jul 3, 2013

Some more images of the Jakks movie version appear here ..

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hea...reveals-689074

- Marty

Comment

• Gorn Captain
              Invincible Ironing Man
              • Feb 28, 2008

I won't be able to resist.
              The only thing that was fun about Emmerich-Zilla was the huge toy they released. That thing weighs a ton. He's facing off with my Balrog...
              "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• kerowack
                Career Member
                • Feb 27, 2008

Well, tru jacked the price to 60, but with free shipping it's still about what I thought I would pay. It's on the website now and available. I had most of that in my PayPal account so I pulled the trigger.

Comment

• mazinz
                  Persistent Member
                  • Jul 2, 2007

Originally posted by kerowack
                  Well, tru jacked the price to 60, but with free shipping it's still about what I thought I would pay. It's on the website now and available. I had most of that in my PayPal account so I pulled the trigger.
                  God Damn it! I have been on the fence about getting this and last night I almost did but I bailed out-- I then come here today and see your post that those jacked up the price. So before it gets any higher I just placed my order now. Thank you for the post-- on Amazon he is already at $120.00

** you gotta love it- in less than an hour my order is now ready to pick up at my Toysrus- The hard part is trying to figure out where to put this new piece of furniture once I get it home
                  Last edited by mazinz; Mar 23, '14, 12:32 PM.
                  "What motivated him to throw a puppy at the Hells Angels is currently unclear,"

Starroid Raiders Dagon wrote "No Dime Store Monster left behind"

Comment

• kerowack
                    Career Member
                    • Feb 27, 2008

I have the same dilemma. It might have to be a floor piece for a while.....

Comment

• mazinz
                      Persistent Member
                      • Jul 2, 2007

Originally posted by kerowack
                      I have the same dilemma. It might have to be a floor piece for a while.....
                      Exactly. Just got in and have him (still in his box) in my living room now. He Kind of dwarfs the original Mattel Godzilla. I might leave him in the box since it takes up less room that way, but I really want to display this guy. Will work some magic and figure it all out

+** I know a few of you are in the area- heads up that toysrus in Poughkeepsie still had 2 left on the shelf. If you place the order via online they will take it from the shelf for you and hold it for 5 days-- they will not ship this to your home, you have to pick it up at a toysrus store

Comment

• cjefferys
                        Duke of Gloat
                        • Apr 23, 2006

Let the price gouging begin! We went to a toy show in Buffalo today and a dealer had one of these for sale priced at $175! Pretty sure he still had it by the end of the day. We checked out a nearby TRU after the show and they didn't have any in stock. I have a guess about who probably bought them all.

Comment

• mazinz
                          Persistent Member
                          • Jul 2, 2007

myself on the left

Comment

• Access
                            Veteran Member
                            • May 22, 2013

Do you guys seriously see this thing going anywhere price wise? It's kinda cool, but kinda plain in features

Comment

• mazinz
                              Persistent Member
                              • Jul 2, 2007

Originally posted by Access
                              Do you guys seriously see this thing going anywhere price wise? It's kinda cool, but kinda plain in features
                              Personally I do.
                              For one it is a Godzilla item that looks like Godzilla to a degree. Unless it was from Trendmasters most of all his stuff goes up in price regardless.

Two- the size and scale of this is going to be attractive to the many collectors of Jumbo machinder/Shogun warriors fanfare- that alone can drive up the price

Three- more hype for the movie- which actually looks promising. The film was made with a serious and dark tone and to be considered a horror movie (directors words) rather than some spielberg-ish 1998 family style crap. I also know that it is going to address the issue with the radiation that comes from Zilla (and what it affects all around it) as well.

Four- if the movie does blow up- expect the price on this stupid thing to sky rocket (like the insane Disney toy phenomenon for Frozen) since the demand will rise. Also consider the size of this thing and the store shelf space needed to hold it. When I bought mine, toysRus only had room to store 3 of them at a time.

five- the price is already starting to rise and it would be wiser to snag it sooner than later

Six - if you buy it via a third party later on consider the massive shipping cost this thing will incur just because of the size, which is why if you can snag it from a retailer now without paying shipping, I would do so
                              Last edited by mazinz; Mar 24, '14, 11:15 PM.

Comment

• mazinz
                                Persistent Member
                                • Jul 2, 2007

I took him out of the box tonight. Thank god they did not use zip ties, but rather a sort of shoe lace like material that you simply untie. The box has a few sections of where you have to cut the tape, but once you do that the inside section slides right out without a problem. Thus you do not need to worry about wrecking the box to get him out. Likewisee once all the shoelace ties are undone he simply lifts out of place. Zilla has a jointed mid section tail for a "swing action". I moved the coffee table to show a friend of mine how long this thing is

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎