Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What weird little odds and ends do you have in your collections?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

What weird little odds and ends do you have in your collections?

I was going through my Berries tonight and mixed in with all the old little postcards and mini catalogues, I came across this unused coupon for Strawberry Shortcake cereal from 1982. Which was very good BTW and get this, the coupon is still good! Check it out, no expiration date!

So what do you guys got? Can you top my coupon?
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...
  • Earth 2 Chris
    Verbose Member
    • Mar 7, 2004

I doubt I can beat that. I do have quite a few odds and ends. For instance, I have Spaghetti-os can wrappers that have Batman: The Animated Series holographic images on the other side of them. This was a really odd promotion during "The Adventures of Batman & Robin" phase of the show.

Chris
    sigpic

Comment

• johnnystorm
      Hot Child in the City
      • Jul 3, 2008

I know somewhere I have an empty bag from Batman the Movie tortilla chips, and some empty Jello boxes from Canada with hockey players on them. Non food wise, it's probably junk like Star Trek pogs and Disney promos - a Darkwing Duck fanny pack comes to mind ( It's never used! Never used!! I swear it's MIP!!)

Comment

• VinMan
        Career Member Mego Maniac
        • Sep 6, 2012

I have AVON brushes of Superman and Batman. They are cool and kinda fit in ina weird way with my Mego collection.

Comment

• Falstaff13
          Persistent Member
          • May 28, 2008

The AVON reference reminds me--I remember a cologne around the time of the first Tim Burton Batman that came with a figure of the Caped Crusader. I think it was from a mold like the film action figures, and I remember him in shiny black, holding a batarang, on the perfume/cologne counter of a JC Penny's around Christmas 1989. I was interested in it for the figure, but my memory was it was fairly pricey for what it was (cheap-ish cologne that makes you smell like a sweaty crimefighter?).

Any memories of this?
          Hugh H. Davis

Wanted: Legends of the West (Empire & Excel) and other western historically-based figures. Send me an offer.
          Also interested in figures based on literary characters.

Comment

• Wee67
            Museum Correspondent
            • Apr 2, 2002

Its only toy related in that I used to buy my Megos from Two Guys Dept store so I've become obsessed with them and Kiddie City. I have several things including some Two Guys brand lens cleaner clothes.
            WANTED - Solid-Boxed WGSH's, C.8 or better.

Comment

• HardyGirl
              Mego Museum's Poster Girl
              • Apr 3, 2007

I have a Batman Avon Brush, and an old Avon Christmas catalog from '76 w/ the Superman brush in it. I used to have old soda cans w/ The Jacksons and Snoopy on them, but they've gotten lost or tossed over the years. But since I collect so many different types of things, I guess everything is odd!
              "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
              'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
              Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
              If your mission is magic your love will shine true."

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                Verbose Member
                • Mar 7, 2004

I have unopened boxes of DC Super Heroes Kraft Macaroni & Cheese from the late 90s.

Chris
                sigpic

Comment

• Werewolf
                  Inhuman
                  • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
                  I have unopened boxes of DC Super Heroes Kraft Macaroni & Cheese from the late 90s.
                  You've got 20 year old Mac and Cheese?

I think that beats my coupon.
                  You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• PNGwynne
                    Master of Fowl Play
                    • Jun 5, 2008

Ooh, I remember that cereal--jeez it was delicious.

Of course, I was also the kind of kid that picked all the cruchberries out of Cap'n Crunch.
                    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                      Verbose Member
                      • Mar 7, 2004

^My kids love "Oops! All Berries". I wish they had that when I was a kid!

Chris
                      sigpic

Comment

• Werewolf
                        Inhuman
                        • Jul 14, 2003

Strawberry Shortcake cereal was kind like the Oops all Berries of 80s kids because is was all crispy berry flavored puffs without any of the less tasty crunch parts. But it had a taste all it's own. Most of the other kids cereals all tasted about the same. Just with different mascots. Ghostbusters was a lot like Frankenberry and Gremlins tasted like Capn Crunch. But nothing else tasted like Strawberry Shortcake cereal. Smurfberry Crunch is another one I miss.

Comment

• rche
                          channeling Bob Wills
                          • Mar 26, 2008

somewhere in a box of ephemera, I have a collection of adverts I cut from our local newspaper that cover the first three or four months of the release of Return of the Jedi. The ads start as a full page, and go downwards in size until it is just a listing of the playtimes somewhere at the end of the summer. I think I also have the Rolling Stone cover with the cast of RotJ on the beach in there with that scrapbook.

Comment

• cjefferys
                            Duke of Gloat
                            • Apr 23, 2006

Originally posted by rche
                            somewhere in a box of ephemera, I have a collection of adverts I cut from our local newspaper that cover the first three or four months of the release of Return of the Jedi. The ads start as a full page, and go downwards in size until it is just a listing of the playtimes somewhere at the end of the summer. I think I also have the Rolling Stone cover with the cast of RotJ on the beach in there with that scrapbook.
                            Oh man, I remember doing that with Empire newspaper ads! And I also had one small newspaper ad from November 1977 advertising Star Wars playdates (yes, six months after it opened, sure don't see that these days!). Actually I had a bunch of newspaper film ad clippings from the early 80's. I swear I must still have them in a box somewhere!

Comment

• HardyGirl
                              Mego Museum's Poster Girl
                              • Apr 3, 2007

I just polished off a box of that!

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
                              ^My kids love "Oops! All Berries". I wish they had that when I was a kid!

Chris
                              "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
                              'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
                              Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
                              If your mission is magic your love will shine true."

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎