X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jetjungle75
    Career Member
    • Jan 11, 2013

Head question.

How can you tell a T1 head from a T2? Is it the length of the plug?
    Saw what was described as a T2 Mego Superman head on e-bay, with a short plug. It also according to the seller had no writing on the back of the neck. So I was thinking could this be an early KC head, or a Don head? Or a good repo?
    Is there a good way to tell?
  • luclin999
    Museum Patron
    • Oct 27, 2011

I believe that I am the one who ended up buying the piece you are talking about.

The seller emailed me after the auction to say that he mis-listed it as vintage and that he thought that it was in fact a repro. I just needed it for a custom though so he offered to send it to me for just the shipping cost only and I took him up on it.

Comment

• Jetjungle75
      Career Member
      • Jan 11, 2013

You did well there liclin999, as it certainly looked to be a very good repo. Saw just what appears to be an "original" CK head for sale on E-Bay, and the seller is looking for $495, just for the HEAD!! But the long plug on the head would seem to suggest that it is an early one. Still who would pay that sort of money just for a head? I think your repo would do just fine, and all for just the cost of the shipping.

Here is the link to that CK head. Is it an original?

Comment

• luclin999
        Museum Patron
        • Oct 27, 2011

It looks to be however to be honest, the copyright impression on some heads is so faint (I have a Superman head like this) that it is almost impossible to see it in person much less in a photo so trying to guess a head based upon just a picture isn't an easy thing.

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎