Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kisstour03
    • Feb 28, 2014

Maybe the toy gurus here can help.

I need help with the name of a toy I remember having when I was a youngster. I've asked this question on other forums and got zero help. A couple smart aleck answers. I know someone else has to remember this toy.

It's best called a water gun. It was a red plastic tube with a gorillas head on top. You pushed down on the head and water shot out of the gorillas mouth. I even remember a commercial for it. It broke sometime it the distant past and is long gone. This one has tormented me for years. Please help me put a name on it.
    Toys and comics. My house isn't big enough. It's an addiction.
  • kisstour03
    • Feb 28, 2014

Ah crap I just saw the sticky at the top for these types of questions. Sorry.

Comment

• mazinz
      Persistent Member
      • Jul 2, 2007

Originally posted by kisstour03
      Ah crap I just saw the sticky at the top for these types of questions. Sorry.
      welcome to the board-- do not worry so much about that sticky being a strict rule. In that thread a lot gets lost due to the number of questions and postings. I see most people when they "need to know" just post the question in whatever forum it goes in. What I noticed about that sticky thread it is more so asking for toy ID with pictures (like a picture lot of toy weapons) rather than trying to see if anyopne remembers something from whenever

at any rate I found this online but I am not sure if this was actually a post from you? If this was not you then someone else recalls your toy (because they are looking for it also)
      Scroll towards the bottom or just go to the page and search for the term "gorilla"
      "What motivated him to throw a puppy at the Hells Angels is currently unclear,"

Starroid Raiders Dagon wrote "No Dime Store Monster left behind"

Comment

• kisstour03
        • Feb 28, 2014

Nope that wasn't me. But at least I know for sure I'm not crazy. One other person remembers it.

Comment

• Werewolf
          Inhuman
          • Jul 14, 2003

Could it have been a Planet of the Apes toy? AHI made a bunch of POTA Ape headed squirt guns.
          You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Werewolf
            Inhuman
            • Jul 14, 2003

King Kong?

You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• kisstour03
              • Feb 28, 2014

Originally posted by Werewolf
              The head looked much like that from what I recall. But had a red tube about a foot or two long that was attached to the bottom that held the water. I forget if the head had a trigger or if you pushed down on the head to pump the water.

Comment

• mazinz
                Persistent Member
                • Jul 2, 2007

Originally posted by kisstour03
                The head looked much like that from what I recall. But had a red tube about a foot or two long that was attached to the bottom that held the water. I forget if the head had a trigger or if you pushed down on the head to pump the water.
                I too was thinking what Werewolf had mentioned with the Planet of the Apes/Kong squirt guns. I can tell you the one thing I have learned from this board is to never say never. Almost everything that I could recall in pieces from my mind that I was trying to remember were found via this board- just may take some time
                "What motivated him to throw a puppy at the Hells Angels is currently unclear,"

Starroid Raiders Dagon wrote "No Dime Store Monster left behind"

Comment

• palitoy
                  live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                  • Jun 16, 2001

Whamo made it, I have a picture of it somewhere.
                  Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                  http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• palitoy
                    • Jun 16, 2001

Comment

• kisstour03
                      • Feb 28, 2014

YES!!!!! That is it!!!!! Thank you. Now to find out what it was called so I can hunt one down.

Comment

• palitoy
                        • Jun 16, 2001

Super sneaky squirtin stick

Comment

• megocrazy
                          Museum Trouble Maker
                          • Feb 18, 2007

I'll say it again. This place rules. We solve things so fast. They should just let us run the world. We're way better than any government.
                          It's not a doll it's an action figure.

Comment

• Werewolf
                            Inhuman
                            • Jul 14, 2003

That's awesome!

Comment

• kisstour03
                              • Feb 28, 2014

Originally posted by palitoy
                              Super sneaky squirtin stick
                              Thank you palitoy very very much. Everyone here is so helpful and kind. The toy knowledge here is unrivaled. I've asked this question on probably half a dozen boards and not even a whisper. Now to go looking for one of these. May never find one but now I know what it was called. And my memory of what the head looked like wasn't too far off the mark. It's a pretty silly toy but for some reason I've always remembered it. Maybe because of that time I used it to bean the bully next door upside the head after he gave me grief one too many times.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎