Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • thunderbolt
    Hi Ernie!!!
    • Feb 15, 2004

Looks like the Evel gloved hands again. So glad that they are doing this for the line. I was already planning a hand swap if not. The vintage style Mego slappy hands need to be put out to pasture.
    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• fallensaviour
      Talkative Member
      • Aug 28, 2006

I'm not really feeling the riddler?
      I love the 66 bats,robin an joker but I am not liking the riddler at all.
      I think I like the mego/remego riddler head better.
      Is it just me?
      “When you say “It’s hard”, it actually means “I’m not strong enough to fight for it”. Stop saying its hard. Think positive!”

Comment

• jimsmegos
        Mego Dork
        • Nov 9, 2008

I feel the sam way. It's like they just missed the likeness.Could it be an issue with Frank Gorshin's estate for likeness rights?

Comment

• fallensaviour
          Talkative Member
          • Aug 28, 2006

Originally posted by jimsmegos
          I feel the sam way. It's like they just missed the likeness.Could it be an issue with Frank Gorshin's estate for likeness rights?
          That has to be it because he is a complete miss sculpt wise.
          Suit looks good right down to his ballet shoes but wow what a poor head.
          “When you say “It’s hard”, it actually means “I’m not strong enough to fight for it”. Stop saying its hard. Think positive!”

Comment

• Wise4671
            Banned
            • Aug 11, 2007

If it came down to his estate would FTC be able to use his picture as the Riddler on the card?

Comment

• enyawd72
              Maker of Monsters!
              • Oct 1, 2009

I can definitely see Gorshin in that sculpt...is it perfect? No. But, people have to understand that even the best sculptors will miss the mark once in a while. Very few sculptors can nail every likeness every time, especially if on a time schedule.
              People like to criticize and it's easy to say hey, I'm paying for this so it should be perfect, but not every song is a #1 hit.
              Last edited by enyawd72; Mar 23, '14, 3:02 AM.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                Hi Ernie!!!
                • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by fallensaviour
                That has to be it because he is a complete miss sculpt wise.
                Suit looks good right down to his ballet shoes but wow what a poor head.
                I think he looks fine, I wish he had the ballet slippers you speak of, tho. The use of goofy Mego shoes is off mark with him. I plan to replace them with cut down Robin shoes.
                You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• fallensaviour
                  Talkative Member
                  • Aug 28, 2006

Sorry I don't see any likeness to Gorshin at all,never ever asked for perfect but close would be nice.
                  If it works for you I'm glad it doesn't for me and that's all I'm saying.
                  I feel they nailed all the figures so far except here.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                    Hi Ernie!!!
                    • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by fallensaviour
                    Sorry I don't see any likeness to Gorshin at all,never ever asked for perfect but close would be nice.
                    If it works for you I'm glad it doesn't for me and that's all I'm saying.
                    I feel they nailed all the figures so far except here.
                    I still want you to show me one with the correct slippers, everything I see are with classic Mego black shoes.

Comment

• ThePlayerOnTheOtherSide
                      • Feb 27, 2014

Originally posted by enyawd72
                      I can definitely see Gorshin in that sculpt...is it perfect? No. But, people have to understand that even the best sculptors will miss the mark once in a while. Very few sculptors can nail every likeness every time, especially if on a time schedule.
                      People like to criticize and it's easy to say hey, I'm paying for this so it should be perfect, but not every song is a #1 hit.
                      Exactly. Riddler's head sculpt is crap. Joker's jacket is a half shade off, now that you mention it his shirt is the wrong color too. Robin's head sculpt just doesn't look right. Batman's belt rides too high. Robin's arm broke on the assembly line, oh man I see a lot of accessories that won't get put on the figures before they get carded!

We have a beautiful line of figures and there's far more to praise about this line than there is to criticize.

And yet...

Comment

• Boywonder0
                        Persistent Member
                        • Dec 29, 2007

The less people buy of these, the more we can buy!!!

Comment

• The Bat
                          Batman Fanatic
                          • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by enyawd72
                          You are correct, people feel if they're going to shell out hard earned money...it should be a good sculpt and capture the Actor's likeness. My philosophy is simple...if they don't nail the likeness, I don't buy it. Sadly, Frank Gorshin's Riddler was my favorite Baddie on the TV series...but I'll be passing over this figure. Bummer.
                          sigpic

Comment

• thunderbolt
                            Hi Ernie!!!
                            • Feb 15, 2004

this is all based on a few poor photos from China, too. Watch out the sky is falling, too.

Comment

• huedell
                              Museum Ball Eater
                              • Dec 31, 2003

As far as "Gorshin" Riddlers I might ultimately be good to go with Mattel's 6 incher. Still, I'm with everyone who is staying flexible on likenesses.

That's not to say that I don't want the line to "make good choices to succeed" (I'd be a hypocrite to earlier sentiments if I didn't note that). However, my concerns (personally *and* business-wise) have always been less about character "accuracy" (sculpt or otherwise) and more about character CHOICE.

That said: My personal thoughts on this "sculpt-accuracy" thing is that it shouldn't make or break sales....

Nutshell: "Gorshin" Riddler is a must-have for the line... they made him... sculpt quality is debatable but fits with the line/collection... time to move on.... pray for better luck w/the next sculpt (as others have already said in this thread).
                              "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• megoscott
                                Founding Partner
                                • Nov 17, 2006

Certain people are harder to nail than others, for whatever reason it just never clicks. Like there are very few Harrison Ford sculpts that really do him right in my opinion, and how many times has it been attempted? Maybe Gorshin is that way, I have no idea. Others are much easier because they have really specific details that sell the likeness. Someone like the Joker or Penguin has a lot of unusual things you hang hang your hat on, odd noses or crazy hairdos, Gorshin is one of those distinctive faces but also is just an average white guy. I don't love their Ward/Robin either, same deal, average white guy with no real distinguishing characteristics.
                                This profile is no longer active.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎