Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Brown Bear
    Still Old School
    • Feb 14, 2008

That's your opinion and you're entitled to it. I think the cheerleader would agree but the 12 year old midget would like them the way they are.

Originally posted by huedell
    True.

But if one was to show those pics to anyone OTHER than that "many collectors" group, they'd say the "taste altered" pics were the more accurate.

A 6-year old pre-school boy.... a 25 year old Dallas Cowboy cheerleader.... an 88 year old Arab oil sheik....after viewing the "actor dolls wearing lipstick" before and after pics, those aforementioned people would all call the repainting a "fix" despite what "many collectors" would say. Collectors tend to rationalize cut & dry flaws, ya know? That said, I think some leeway can be given on terminology used here.
    Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• ThePlayerOnTheOtherSide
      • Feb 27, 2014

True.

But if one was to show those pics to anyone OTHER than that "many collectors" group, they'd say the "taste altered" pics were the more accurate.
      Ah the fallacy of thinking everyone thinks as you do.

Comment

• enyawd72
        Maker of Monsters!
        • Oct 1, 2009

^I think they're fine the way they are. To me it's just part of the toyetic appeal, ya know?

Kinda like how the Ideal superhero toys in the 60's were painted with red rosy cheeks. Just adds to the charm.

Comment

• huedell
          Museum Ball Eater
          • Dec 31, 2003

Originally posted by ThePlayerOnTheOtherSide
          Ah the fallacy of thinking everyone thinks as you do.
          The way that everyone "thinks like me" is that everyone would agree that Adam West, Gorshin, et al never wore lipstick portraying Batman, Riddler, et al.
          Last edited by huedell; Apr 16, '14, 12:49 AM.
          "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• enyawd72
            Maker of Monsters!
            • Oct 1, 2009

The way that everyone "thinks like me" is that everyone would agree that Adam West, Gorshin, et al never wore lipstick portraying Batman, Riddler, et al.
            Batman, Robin and Superman never wore rouge either but my vintage puppets are, AND lipstick! These are toys, not actual people. Lips are usually painted darker because on most people they are darker than their skin.

Comment

• ThePlayerOnTheOtherSide
              • Feb 27, 2014

You can't even get everyone to agree with you on this board.

Comment

• sprytel
                Talkative Member
                • Jun 26, 2009

Actually... as actors performing on a television show, they probably WERE wearing makeup.

Comment

• jayraytee
                  Career Member
                  • May 27, 2011

Originally posted by sprytel
                  Actually... as actors performing on a television show, they probably WERE wearing makeup.
                  Including lipstick.
                  My posts were needlessly deleted ...

Comment

• JediJaida
                    Talkative Member
                    • Jun 14, 2008

Only to match their skin tone, not make them seem like they were little kids playing dress up.

The only one that needed really outré lips was the Joker, and he had them!
                    JediJaida

Comment

• Brown Bear
                      Still Old School
                      • Feb 14, 2008

These guys should start shipping very soon. Can't wait.
                      Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• Gadgeteer
                        Veteran Member
                        • Apr 16, 2014

These are THE batman toys I've wanted for oh I don't know about 36 years!
                        sigpic

Comment

• melkorjunior
                          Museum Super Collector
                          • Apr 20, 2014

I think the Gorshin Riddler is a miss but since I prefer the Mego headsculpt anway I'll just take the outfit off the Gorshin and use it to replace the FTC Riddler's pajamas--it's much nicer than the pajamas after all. I'll do the same thing with the Romero Joker since I never much liked him--I have two FTC Jokers and I'll put the Romero outfit on one of them. To be fair to FTC though I really think they did a nice job with Romero's likeness, it's just that he's not my idea of the Joker. The Burt Ward Robin is another miss in the likeness department but that works to my advantage since I never cared for Burt Ward as Robin and I also never cared for the Mego Robin headsculpt, which is unbearably goofy and seems like it has a gigantic jaw and chin. The 1966 version is a much nicer generic Robin and that outfit is awesome; I'll probably try to put it on a Teen Titan body though. The West Batman I'll display proudly. I never liked Ward but I always liked West.

I'm hoping that when they get to Catwoman they give us a great Julie Newmar likeness. They really need to be careful with that one because a lot of people will be interested and I think it could be hugely popular if they pull it off.

Comment

• Gadgeteer
                            Veteran Member
                            • Apr 16, 2014

Wait on that TT Robin Mod FTC is coming with a web site exclusive 7 inch Robin, or so I've read.
                            sigpic

Comment

• blastphemey
                              Persistent Member
                              • Jun 11, 2008

After seeing these production pics, I pulled the trigger on Batman and robin. Maybe down the road joker and riddler will also be purchased.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎