Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Trappy Trek Freak
    House of a thousand Megos
    • Aug 10, 2009

I bust the mattel body open any way I can I've used the dremel wire cutters needle nose plyers , the mattel head fits perfect on the S Type body and I heat up the Mattel arms with a hair dryer and they pop out easily. After you swap for the S Type you won't care about a destroyed mattel body.
    Flickr: Trappy74's Photostream

Comment

• TRDouble
      Permanent Member
      • Jul 10, 2012

Originally posted by Ivaniski
      Agreed,...I do the same thing. It's the easiest and fastest way for me to get the Mattel head off without damaging it. I also use the same technique with pressure pliers (head pops right off). See pics below......

Then after, i put the Mattel Green Arrow head on different, more articulated body.

Is that one of the new S Type bodies? I was disappointed when I transferred a Mattel Batman over to it and the belt is too small to properly sit on his waist. It sits too high and above the black trunks. How does the GA belt fit? It looks good from the pictures and the costume type may help if it does sit higher on the hips.

And does anyone have a solution for the Batman belt issue? Thanks!
      Last edited by TRDouble; Mar 7, '14, 10:48 AM.

Comment

• thunderbolt
        Hi Ernie!!!
        • Feb 15, 2004

^^^ Well, that problem is a bit disappointing too. Maybe I'll just skip trying this and put him back the way he was.
        You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Ivaniski
          Persistent Member
          • Jun 24, 2007

Originally posted by TRDouble
          Is that one of the new S Type bodies? I was disappointed when I transferred a Mattel Batman over to it and the belt is too small to properly sit on his waist. It sits too high and above the black trunks. How does the GA belt fit? It looks good from the pictures and the costume type may help if it does sit higher on the hips.

And does anyone have a solution for the Batman belt issue? Thanks!
          This is not an S body. Green Arrows (Mattel head) it's on Kitbash Doc Mego body with Original castaway upper swivel arms, w/ Mattel forearms to sustain his green gloves (See pictures 5 and 6 below). In my opinion this combo worked with everything and anything out in the market today. I have a little time in my hands today....I'm gonna attempt a Kitbash of S body arms w/ Doc Mego body. Wish me luck Y'all,,,,,,,

P.S. Big reason i luv this combo is the ability to pose weapons with ease; ex: GA holding bow, and Star Trek security officer holding phaser rifle.

On the headless figure below i used Mattel's forearms to keep color hands/glove look; (hence the forearms)...you'll see it on Green Arrow and Green Lantern.

Last edited by Ivaniski; Mar 8, '14, 9:26 AM.

Comment

• TRDouble
            Permanent Member
            • Jul 10, 2012

Those look great! Thanks!

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡