Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Star Wars figures do you wish Kenner had made?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Earth 2 Chris
    Verbose Member
    • Mar 7, 2004

My friends Endor figures got mixed in with our GI Joes, so it was all good. We used the Speeder Bikes too. Why not?

Tarkin is the obvious holdout. Was there a reason for this, other than "skinny old guy" syndrome? He's Darth Vader's boss! He deserved a figure.

Chris
    sigpic

Comment

• Werewolf
      Inhuman
      • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
      Tarkin is the obvious holdout. Was there a reason for this, other than "skinny old guy" syndrome? He's Darth Vader's boss! He deserved a figure.
      No idea why he never got a figure but it does look like Kenner did consider making one.

The Star Wars Collectors Archive is virtual museum of Star Wars memorabilia from collectors around the world.
      You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• acrovader
        Career Member
        • Jan 19, 2011

Rebel trooper. Couple more astromech droids. Tarkin, obviously. The BLACK Death Star droid. The Cantina aliens with big green head and red eyes. The Japanese looking droid that was wandering around Luke as he was selling the land speeder. The blue headed droid roaming the streets in Mos Eisley.
        I am more than machine. More than man. More than a fusion of the two.

Comment

• starsky
          veteran member
          • Aug 26, 2007

i'd have to agree, i wish they made more cantina aliens.

Comment

• jwyblejr
            galactic yo-yo
            • Apr 6, 2006

A Stormtrooper that could move his head. Same with Chewbacca.

Comment

• Remco Monster
              GLOWS in the Dark!
              • May 3, 2006

Yeah, along with Long Snoot, or Garindan, or whatever you want to call him. When I was a kid I simply called him an Imperial spy.

Cantina band member
              Any Cantina aliens
              Sandtrooper
              Tarkin
              Slave Leia

Comment

• Hedji
                Citizen of Gotham
                • Nov 17, 2012

I usually try to avoid the Expanded Universe names. It's sort of a silent protest. Most of them are either unpronounceable, forgettable, and sorely lacking in charm. Momaw Nadon? No, thank you... He's Hammerhead.

Comment

• Werewolf
                  Inhuman
                  • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by Hedji
                  No, thank you... He's Hammerhead.
                  I still call him Hammerhead too.
                  You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• jds1911a1
                    Alan Scott is the best GL
                    • Aug 8, 2007

Kenner had a lot of figures that made little sense aside from line expansion size (I am one who wanted less of the 3 seconds on screen droids and aliens)

As others have said all have been done in the modern line but these were ones I wanted to see THEN
                    Han Stormtrooper (esp after they finally made the luke in POTF)
                    Sand trooper
                    Death Star Luke (ie farm outfit with a stortrooper belt and hands that could hold a gun)
                    Tarkin
                    Luke in Yavin Awards ceremony SW unifomr
                    Wedge or any of the myriad of other pilots for the rebels who had several lines but never got made
                    Rebel ship trooper from SW (they had the first 10 minutes of the film)
                    I can't recall the name but the force choked admiral in SW or any of the imperial officers for that matter who had lines

Comment

• phil
                      Persistent Member
                      • May 11, 2007

I'm still annoyed that there were no figures of Tarkin or the Rebel Trooper.

Comment

• Byrnes
                        Veteran Member
                        • Oct 19, 2011

This is what got me into customizing figures. I was finishing up my POTF collection and just got a Luke Stomtrooper and thought "dang, why didn't Kenner ever make the Han Stormtrooper". I thought let me pop this head off this Solo and put it on this Stormtrooper body and see what I get. BAM! 70's customs later my collection was complete, except for a handful I never got around to doing like Slave Leia and Captain Antilles and MYO all which are still sitting here 5 years later.
                        WWW.OG13.com - GI Joe, Star Wars, Marvel, DC, Star Trek, toys and more

Comment

• Werewolf
                          Inhuman
                          • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by Byrnes
                          This is what got me into customizing figures.
                          Neat! Do you have any pictures of your SW customs?

Comment

• Mego-Amigo
                            Persistent Member
                            • Jun 22, 2011

The Tonnika Sisters

Comment

• VintageMike
                              Permanent Member
                              • Dec 16, 2004

Tarkin- I had heard in the past, Tarkin wasn't made because Peter Cushing did nto want to be an action figure

Han Stormtrooper.

Walrus Man's partner ("He doesn't like you")

Cantina Bartender & band

Slave Leia

Oola -If they could make the Max Rebo band...

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎