Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Retro-Action DC ~ Which ones are worthy of being "Megos"?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ivaniski
    Persistent Member
    • Jun 24, 2007

Originally posted by The Bat
    I like(and own)...Sinestro, Lex Luthor, Twoface, Aquaman, Green Arrow...that's it. I like the head sculpt on GL Kyle, but don't own one yet. The Flash was the absolute WORST of the bunch. Batman was pretty bad too.
    I had to give my Flash a nose job with dremel,...in order for him to look like this......See pic below. I took away his Jimmy Durante look.

Both pics feature post Rhinoplasty Flash......

Green Arrow and Two-face were my favorites from the Mattel line.
    Last edited by Ivaniski; Mar 5, '14, 9:56 AM.

Comment

• Ivaniski
      Persistent Member
      • Jun 24, 2007

Originally posted by thunderbolt
      love the look of the line, I really need to transplant them so they pose. Unfortunately it looks like the Castaway body won't work too well.
      What worked very well for me was Doc Mego's lower body and Castaway's original upper body, or just their arms (either of these combos gave me perfect articulation, and were compatible with everything...Plus any type of clothing). Wish they could make them again. See pics below.........All figures featured below have the Aforementioned combo body style.

On the headless figure below i used Mattel's forearms to keep color hands/glove look;...you'll see it on Green Arrow and Green Lantern.

Last edited by Ivaniski; Mar 5, '14, 9:45 AM.

Comment

• jds1911a1
        Alan Scott is the best GL
        • Aug 8, 2007

Over all the costumes and access ories are all very nice mego esque, I hated the batman though and didn't buy him, I disliked the bodies and replaced them all with vintage mego ones except for Sinestro who I replaced with a CTVT colored body. The only ones I REALLY regret buying are Superman and Aquaman

Comment

• ThePlayerOnTheOtherSide
          • Feb 27, 2014

Originally posted by Ivaniski
          What worked very well for me was Doc Mego's lower body and Castaway's original upper body, or just their arms (either of these combos gave me perfect articulation, and were compatible with everything...Plus any type of clothing). Wish they could make them again. See pics below.........All figures featured below have the Aforementioned combo body style.

On the headless figure below i used Mattel's forearms to keep color hands/glove look;...you'll see it on Green Arrow and Green Lantern.

Love all these but especially the Lone Ranger, love the blue it really pops. Is he a custom?

Comment

• Ivaniski
            Persistent Member
            • Jun 24, 2007

Yep! 100% custom. I had him and the Tonto custom for a few years now, and never get tired of looking at them on their horses. I think they came out pretty good.

Comment

• thunderbolt
              Hi Ernie!!!
              • Feb 15, 2004

yeah, I'm not buying two bodies per each figure to convert, I already disassembled Batman to move him to a S Type and the forearms don't swap. Makes me think there is not much compatibility for that body.
              You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Ivaniski
                Persistent Member
                • Jun 24, 2007

Although i have a few S bodies, i haven't really attempted to try Futzing with other costumes and body parts, I'm reading of a few compatibility issues. Therefore, I'm gonna try to use the S body arms on a Doc Mego body......to see the results. My 2 cents

Comment

• luclin999
                  Museum Patron
                  • Oct 27, 2011

Same, I may end up doing a hybrid body for some of them down the road as well (I really liked the poses Ivinski posted above.)

Comment

• Spyweb007
                    Persistent Member
                    • Apr 18, 2006

I think all of the Mattel retro's fit in with Mego well, even with the body issues I could always get them to stand on their own, costumes were great, and even Mego did not always nail the sculpts.

Comment

Working...
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎