Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Earth 2 Chris
    Verbose Member
    • Mar 7, 2004

you can tell when a scene was shot based on whether or not the man is in the suit with a pajama top flap or not, after the inital filming the cosutmes were redesigned to have the shirt tails
    Ah, I see. I didn't know that. I know they had variations of the original series uniforms originally planned for Phase II. I even saw some pics of Paris Khambatta in a gold mini-skirt uniform.

In the book "The Monsters of Star Trek" there are photos from the then new ST:TMP. Spock doesn't have his additional collar in these pics. Nimoy has old man neck!

Chris
    sigpic

Comment

• jds1911a1
      Alan Scott is the best GL
      • Aug 8, 2007

I only know from interviews I've seen over the years. if you want to see more of the costume designs for phase 2 there are some shots in the TMP directors edition (with the enhanced effects) special features and the ST phase 2 fan site unilises the proposed 70's redesigned unforms in later episodes for the women and crew coveralls

Comment

• Spyweb007
        Persistent Member
        • Apr 18, 2006

Gives new meaning to the term "Decker Unit" that the Ilia probe kept using.

Comment

• Klosterheim
          Persistent Member
          • Mar 23, 2013

Originally posted by mego73
          TMP merchandising is replete with earlier designs, some from Phase 2. The docking port on the bridge was seen in production illustrations. The South Bend Enterprise follows the Phase 2 Enterprise design.
          Oh! Thanks very much. Now, I finally know. Cool.

Comment

• Mr.Marion
            Permanent Member
            • Sep 15, 2014

I completely missed seeing the Aliens mego made, how far into the film is that scene?

Comment

• mego73
              Printed paperboard Tiger
              • Aug 1, 2003

They were mostly background, in the rec room scene. Some very elaborate makeup and costumes not seen in close up.

mego73@hotmail.com

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎