X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MIB41
    Eloquent Member
    • Sep 25, 2005

Godzilla trailer #2

Freakin' AWESOME! Now THIS is what I've always wanted to see.

• Earth 2 Chris
    Verbose Member
    • Mar 7, 2004

That's looking GOOD.

Chris
    sigpic

Comment

• palitoy
      live. laugh. lisa needs braces
      • Jun 16, 2001

I wish I hadn't known it was the Godzilla trailer because it would probably be a nice surprise.
      Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
      http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
        Verbose Member
        • Mar 7, 2004

^Good point. This is the kind of trailer you see in the theater and go "Ah-HA!!!". We've kind of lost that, with our instant trailer fixes.

Chris
        sigpic

Comment

• Werewolf
          Inhuman
          • Jul 14, 2003

I thought Godzilla was supposed to fight other monsters in this? I'm sure it will be very good and the re-design of Godzilla is well done. But it's looking too end of days for my tastes.
          You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
            Verbose Member
            • Mar 7, 2004

The synopsis says something about other monsters:

An epic rebirth to Toho’s iconic Godzilla, this spectacular adventure, from Warner Bros. Pictures and Legendary Pictures, pits the world’s most famous monster against malevolent creatures who, bolstered by humanity’s scientific arrogance, threaten our very existence.

Gareth Edwards directs “Godzilla,” which stars Aaron Taylor-Johnson (“Kick-***”), Oscar® nominee Ken Watanabe (“The Last Samurai,” “Inception”), Elizabeth Olsen (“Martha Marcy May Marlene”), Oscar® winner Juliette Binoche (“The English Patient,” “Cosmopolis”), and Sally Hawkins (“Blue Jasmine”), with Oscar® nominee David Strathairn (“Good Night, and Good Luck.,” “The Bourne Legacy”) and Bryan Cranston (“Argo,” TV’s “Breaking Bad”).
            An epic rebirth to Toho's iconic Godzilla, this spectacular adventure, from Warner Bros. Pictures and Legendary Pictures, pits the world's most famous monster against malevolent creatures who, bolstered by humanity's scientific arrogance, threaten our very existence. [youtube]http://youtu.be/vIu85W

Maybe Godzilla is blamed for the destruction, and it ends up being these other things, and the trailer is trying to play really coy, but the description is blowing it.

Chris
            sigpic

Comment

• mightyquinn
              Proud to be a Nerd
              • Aug 4, 2009

If it is good as Pacific Rim, I'll be a happy man.
              Wanted: Lincoln Dracula & Hunchback, AHI Male Creature, Remco Phantom, Ghost of Captain Kid, 8" Tomlands

Comment

• hedrap
                Permanent Member
                • Feb 10, 2009

I totally love the play on the '54 film idea in this trailer.

In the original, they tied together the Kong native island myth and Beast From 20K Fathoms, because they were both hugely popular in '53, (Kong was re-released in '53). In the 90's, the idea expanded upon this with Godzillasarus as the dinosaur god which was mutated into Godzilla by atomic radioactivity.

Here, there's some entire aspect with the Gates of Hell; areas on Earth that were designated by earlier cultures as being portals to the underworld. That leads me to wonder if we're looking at a Land That Time Forgot/Lost Continent/Lost World/Last Dinosaur scenario. Opens up a lot of possibilities.

Comment

• Brown Bear
                  Still Old School
                  • Feb 14, 2008

THIS is the Godzilla movie I've been waiting to see. Looks great.
                  Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• cjefferys
                    Duke of Gloat
                    • Apr 23, 2006

I'm so there! I think I peed my pants with excitement but just a little bit.

Comment

• YoungOnce
                      Career Member
                      • Aug 29, 2007

Wow, that looks like it's gonna be a fun ride. For some reason, I have always loved the movies that have kept their creature hidden for a little while before ending the mystery and showing them. Cloverfield... Super 8..... The first T-Rex scene in Jurassic Park ... Heck, even E.T.... The suspense of what did this is half the fun for me!

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                        Muddling through
                        • Oct 4, 2008

this looks awesome. can't wait to see it

Comment

• mazinz
                          Persistent Member
                          • Jul 2, 2007

Originally posted by Werewolf
                          I thought Godzilla was supposed to fight other monsters in this? I'm sure it will be very good and the re-design of Godzilla is well done. But it's looking too end of days for my tastes.
                          Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
                          The synopsis says something about other monsters:

An epic rebirth to Toho's iconic Godzilla, this spectacular adventure, from Warner Bros. Pictures and Legendary Pictures, pits the world's most famous monster against malevolent creatures who, bolstered by humanity's scientific arrogance, threaten our very existence. [youtube]http://youtu.be/vIu85W

Maybe Godzilla is blamed for the destruction, and it ends up being these other things, and the trailer is trying to play really coy, but the description is blowing it.

Chris

It was announced he is indeed fighting over creatures in the film. In fact most of the destruction and odd jets falling from the sky and such are from the other monsters which for the most part they are trying to keep hidden, though you do get glimpses of them in both trailers
                          "What motivated him to throw a puppy at the Hells Angels is currently unclear,"

Starroid Raiders Dagon wrote "No Dime Store Monster left behind"

Comment

• Confessional
                            Maker & Whatnot
                            • Aug 8, 2012

Giants destructObeasts fighting in daylight under a blue sky? Suburbia falls without the digi-guise of night and rain; this makes me happy! Go rawr!

Comment

• kingdom warrior
                              OH JES!!
                              • Jul 21, 2005

Freeking Awesome!!!!! I'm all up for this!!!

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎