Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Entertainment Earth has pics of Steve Austin in Astronaut outfit!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MIB41
    Eloquent Member
    • Sep 25, 2005

Originally posted by Bionic Chris
    Hmm... Astronaut Steve's right and left arms are clear (before left got painted)? I wonder if his limbs were meant for Barney Hiller, and factory screwed up? In TV show, The Seven Million Dollar Man has 2 bionic arms and 2 bionic legs.

If anyone can post pics of Astronaut Steve's limbs, it would be much appreciated. Could be one reason this set got delayed, they had to go back and paint the left arm flesh tone since Steve doesn't have 2 bionic arms, but Barney does.
    Hey Chris. I checked mine and the left arm is in fact painted flesh tone. Although it is strange that the Barney Hill figure is just on a plain Doc body. You might be onto something there. They might have had trouble translating what they wanted and finally threw in the towel and defaulted to the regular body for Barney.
    Last edited by MIB41; Oct 24, '14, 11:28 AM.

Comment

• pmwasson
      Maker
      • Sep 12, 2007

Clear plastic painted the right color??? I hope they are not using the same factory that killed the Palisade Micronauts line.
      sigpic LaserMego

Comment

• BATMAN89
        Mego obsessed!!!
        • Jul 20, 2010

Originally posted by Krypt0nite
        It's too bad BBP didn't do what they said they were doing on the smaller head for astronaut Steve---I would have bought multiples to replace the giant noggins of the earlier releases.
        Oh my gosh, I was excited to order 2 sets, just to get the smaller heads for my other figures also! I can't believe they couldn't get it right the second time around!

Originally posted by MIB41
        ... Although it is strange that the Barney Hill figure is just on a plain Doc body... finally threw in the towel and defaulted to the regular body for Barney.
        Well, I guess this is why I have been saving a Phantom Limb body, just for this occasion!
        I'll put Phantom Limbs arms and legs on Barney and see if pmwasson can make bionic stickers for them.
        Last edited by BATMAN89; Oct 28, '14, 10:10 PM.
        Big Kid Toys Facebook Page!

My Good Trader's List
        My Early Custom Megos

Comment

• MIB41
          Eloquent Member
          • Sep 25, 2005

Originally posted by BATMAN89
          Oh my gosh, I was excited to order 2 sets, just to get the smaller heads for my other figures also! I can't believe they couldn't get it right the second time around!

Well, I guess this is why I have been saving a Phantom Limb body, just for this occasion!
          I'll put Phantom Limbs arms and legs on Barney and see if pmwasson can make electronic looking stickers for them.
          Smart move!

Comment

• scott metzger
            Persistent Member
            • Jul 9, 2007

Originally posted by Bionic Chris
            Hmm... Astronaut Steve's right and left arms are clear (before left got painted)? I wonder if his limbs were meant for Barney Hiller, and factory screwed up? In TV show, The Seven Million Dollar Man has 2 bionic arms and 2 bionic legs.

If anyone can post pics of Astronaut Steve's limbs, it would be much appreciated. Could be one reason this set got delayed, they had to go back and paint the left arm flesh tone since Steve doesn't have 2 bionic arms, but Barney does.
            It could simply be that it was cheaper to run the mold with the arms once in clear plastic for both and paint the left one. If pieces are on the same metal mold, companies will often do something like this to save the cost of setting up the molds for another run through in a different color.

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎