Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pre ordering Sea Ghost figures Now Availaible!!! Special Discount!!!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ubermanx
    Career Member
    • Jul 3, 2013

White body ...

sea1.jpg

sea2.jpg

sea3.jpg

sea4.jpg

sea5.jpg

- Marty

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
      Moderation Engineer
      • Aug 14, 2003

I wonder how that would look on a T1 body with a little love from a Sharpie. I couldn't figure out why it looked a little off to me until I looked at the proto pics again. The black 'V' at the waist is gone and the neckline has changed. I still love the head, worth it just for that IMO.

Comment

• Starroid Raiders Dagon
        Persistent Member
        • Apr 28, 2013

Well, that is a little off the prototype..
        seaghostsculpt.jpg
        I'll have to do something with the black on the suit. I love the character design.

Comment

• kingdom warrior
          OH JES!!
          • Jul 21, 2005

Received mine yesterday and even though I agree with what Ubermanx says, I dig it so much and had I had this
          as a kid he would have been a fave. The head sculpt alone sold me...let alone that I love Jay's Sea Ghost character. The packaging is fabulous. I'm keeping mine carded till I get another one. The Nemo toys people did a great job still, especially getting a call from them to confirm my order and i got the figure asap....I'm a happy camper

Comment

• Krypt0nite
            Radioactive!
            • Feb 13, 2010

Mine came in today. What a cool figure! I love the head sculpt: it's very dynamic and really evokes Mego of the 1970s. I can very easily see Sea Ghost standing proudly alongside Batman, Spider-Man and the other Megos I had as a kid. I was very surprised and pleased to see that the collar of his uniform is not stretched out and fits snuggly around his neck. I've seen several of these at my LCS and they all had the stretched collar, so I assumed that's how they all looked. The figure itself feels very substantial, with tight joints. The uniform is made of very sheer material, and is see-through depending on the lighting. I may paint his legs black to make it less noticeable. All-in-all, I'm very excited to add the Sea Ghost to my collection.

seaghost.JPG

Comment

• PNGwynne
              Master of Fowl Play
              • Jun 5, 2008

I just ordered one and the comic as well--very excited. The character looks so cool.

I have extra vintage Cheron & Keeper parts--I'm mulling kit-bashing a custom body for SG...
              WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                Master of Fowl Play
                • Jun 5, 2008

Received mine today, plus the SG comic. All very cool, and the comic has a Fradon SG splash page!!

I unfortunately have to agree with Ubermanx' review, & my clam arrived shattered.

But, I have extra Emce clams and plan to bash the body & retouch the paints slightly. I think the character is marvelous; he'll look great next to Capt. Canuck.
                Last edited by PNGwynne; Feb 2, '15, 6:07 PM.
                WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Starroid Raiders Dagon
                  Persistent Member
                  • Apr 28, 2013

I received mine and I thought the character is great. Yeah, the black is not as solid from it being stetched but honestly, it doest bother me enough to pop him open and do any touchup. I would perfer him on a black body with white hands, but he looks good the way he is. I would have been blown away by this guy if I received as a kid. I received mine through the comic store and the price was great (19 or 20 bucks), but there was only one (mine!) and the plastic case was cracked at the top. I can live with it.

Comment

• wise guy
                    Career Member
                    • Dec 29, 2014

I just recieved my Sea ghosts and they are really nice. My first order of Sea ghosts and Black bats came 2 weeks ago but were stolen off my porch
                    before I got home from work. When I got home that day there was a note left by Federal Express that they left package on front porch. I live on a corner house of a very busy street with people walking by all day. Thanks to Joe and tammi they sent me another shipment that reguired a signature this time and a free Red Panther

Comment

• Starroid Raiders Dagon
                      Persistent Member
                      • Apr 28, 2013

Originally posted by wise guy
                      I just recieved my Sea ghosts and they are really nice. My first order of Sea ghosts and Black bats came 2 weeks ago but were stolen off my porch
                      before I got home from work. When I got home that day there was a note left by Federal Express that they left package on front porch. I live on a corner house of a very busy street with people walking by all day. Thanks to Joe and tammi they sent me another shipment that reguired a signature this time and a free Red Panther
                      That first order ordeal sounds like a definite way to have your week ruined! Really happy the 2nd shipment made it to you, and that is great customer service. I was giddy when I picked mine up from the comic store. Great figure!

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎