X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mego73
    Printed paperboard Tiger
    • Aug 1, 2003

Baffled! DVD 1973 Leonard Nimoy UK and US versions

In that time of Star Trek fandom when I was seeking out anything and everything that had Shatner, Nimoy, etc... I found this great little TV movie starring Leonard Nimoy called Baffled!. If was actually a pilot and made in the UK. Nimoy plays race car driver Tom Kovak, who acquires psychic powers in a crash. He foresees a woman (Vera Miles) in danger at an old English mansion. He gains the attention and guidance of a rare book seller who has knowledge of the occult (Susan Hampshire). Together they track down the mansion and woman and scheme to prevent her from the danger she will meet up against.

The first copy I got was an RCA Selectavision CED disc from CBS/FOX video. In time I got a VHS of it. A later release which was recorded in EP and edited from what I remember on the CED disc.

The Amazon streaming version is that same edited version. As it turns out, the UK version was shorter than the US version. The old CED disc had the US version, the tape and Amazon streaming had the UK version.

Recently, a DVD was released that has both versions. So, Baffled! has finally come home again. Both versions are not up to date transfers and unfortunately, the shorter UK version looks better than the longer US version but it's good enough and great to have it again.

From the funky 70's music to a more laid back Leonard Nimoy in a turtleneck to the overall entertaining story and premise this is a lot of fun. Trek and Nimoy fans ought to check it out.

mego73@hotmail.com
  • ShadowAvenger
    Career Member
    • May 14, 2007

About time for Baffled is one of my favorite movies from the 1970s. I need a DVD copy to replace my VHS that I used to record the movie off commercial tv.
    Read my blog at Moongem Comics about comics, toys and more.

Comment

• C.H.O.A.M.
      learning all the time
      • Sep 15, 2010

That was a family favorite.
      There were so many great tv movies back in the 70's.
      I bought a bunch on dvd years ago but now you can see a lot of them on youtube.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
        Verbose Member
        • Mar 7, 2004

I've never seen this, but it sounds intriguing.

Chris
        sigpic

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎