Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the best portable speakers for ipod classic?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • johnmiic
    Adrift
    • Sep 6, 2002

What is the best portable speakers for ipod classic?

Seems I can get away with taking my music to work. So What is the best portable speakers for iPod classic? I can use the outlets at work so something that plugs in is fine as opposed to something rechargeable.
    Last edited by johnmiic; Feb 18, '14, 1:46 AM.
  • Mongoose1983
    Career Member
    • May 14, 2010

As usual, it depends on what you're willing to spend.

If you have no limits for a high fidelity piece I'd recommend you the Bose SoundDock, but you'll have to spend somewhere about $300.

Or if, like me, you have less chances to spend big, I'd recommend you the Altec Lansing iMT620. It should be about $55 nowadays:

I currently use a smaller Altec Lansing system on my RC workbench, and I can say it works great. If I was given a buck for every person to come near and comment how impressed they are by the sound of the little piece I think I'd be able to buy me a bunch of old megos, haha.

Let us know what system you go for in the end!
    www.tamiyaclub.com/member.asp?id=23692

Comment

• Donkey Hoatie
      Supporter of Silliness
      • Jun 20, 2007

+1 on Altec Lansing. I've been rocking the iM600 for over 5 years now. At the time I got it, the price was $149 vs. the $300 that a Bose was running. I didn't think the Bose was twice as good. Truth be told, I still don't. Don't get me wrong, the sound is better on a Bose, but I could only tell at the really high volume (around 35 or so).

With that being said, I haven't been in the market for one of these for at least 5 years, so I don't know which lower-price models are set up to compete against Bose, or if some new, young turk has forced its way into the debate.

Good luck on your search and let us know what you decide on. I'm sure one of these days, my system will die out, and I'll have to do my own search. It would be nice to have a head start.

Comment

• johnmiic
        Adrift
        • Sep 6, 2002

Originally posted by Mongoose1983
        I currently use a smaller Altec Lansing system on my RC workbench, and I can say it works great. If I was given a buck for every person to come near and comment how impressed they are by the sound of the little piece I think I'd be able to buy me a bunch of old megos, haha.

Let us know what system you go for in the end!
        What model smaller one? The portable Orbit speakers look about right. I will be carrying a cash register tray and deposit bag so a dock might not be easy to carry in most situations.

Comment

• Mongoose1983
          Career Member
          • May 14, 2010

Originally posted by johnmiic
          What model smaller one? The portable Orbit speakers look about right. I will be carrying a cash register tray and deposit bag so a dock might not be easy to carry in most situations.
          Sorry, I've been busy. This is the one I have on my workbench: http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,1764010,00.asp

For the money and requirements, I believe you can't go wrong with the Orbit. I can see them going for ten bucks for them on eBay right now.

Best of luck!
          www.tamiyaclub.com/member.asp?id=23692

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎