Veteran Member
    • Oct 21, 2009

They look great; I await more details!

Comment

• ZICA
      Persistent Member
      • May 7, 2006

Originally posted by Werewolf
      Kenner would not have made them black and white.
      Originally posted by Hedji
      I agree. I respect the aesthetic choice, but for 3.75", you like to see compatibility.
      Colored versions will be offered. Trust me, I know.

Comment

• Werewolf
        Inhuman
        • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by ZICA
        Colored versions will be offered. Trust me, I know.
        That's cool to hear.

With some of the license choices I've seen along with these black and white figures I was beginning to feel companies know there is a demand for Kenner style figures but don't actually understand why people did and still do like them.
        You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Remco Monster
          GLOWS in the Dark!
          • May 3, 2006

I thought the same thing about the fact that Kenner wouldn't do them in B&W, but they still look great, and I do like when they make figures from B&W shows, B&W. Now it will be a tough decision as to go B&W or color. I'll just have to wait and see the color versions.

Comment

• MeerkatMego
            Veteran Member
            • Mar 7, 2007

Originally posted by thunderbolt
            guess Star Wars format is the next rung up on the retro ladder.
            I know some folks have fond memories of the 3 3/4 format but I've never cared for them. As a kid I saw them as killing off the Mego scale. I know there were a lot of reasons for Mego demise but the kid in me still hates them.
            Meerkat Mego

Comment

• GUYx1
              FORMER MEGO COLLECTOR
              • Apr 20, 2005

This is rather bittersweet. Yes the ReAction style figures do look cool, but I just see mego history repeating itself all over again. Yeah it makes sense from a budget perspective, but I have just come to depend on a regular supply of weekly 8" figures and parts. To see all the toylines switching over to 3 3/4" just depresses me to no end. I am so dying for that new Twilight Zone Alien as much as I need the BSG Imperious leader & Ovion. I know that the end is near for remego, but I am gonna keep funding 1/9 format every paycheck until the 8" figure factories grind to a halt...
              Cheers,
              Guyx1

Comment

• Mego-Amigo
                Persistent Member
                • Jun 22, 2011

I am loving the new 3.75 SMDM and TZ figures and it's awesome news that BBP and ZICA have joined forces but it seems like now 8 inch TZ, SMDM and Galactica are an afterthought. I was very disappointed and a little concerned that there were no new SMDM or Galactica prototypes this year and they are not even showing some of the Galactica prototypes we've already seen.

Comment

• David Lee
                  The Fix-it-up Chappie
                  • Jun 10, 2002

These sure turned out great! It's just like I said, you can't wing it.... you have to understand the Kenner Style to make figures that work. You have to "get it", and without prototypes to go by it's all the harder to do.... It's why these look great and FUNKO is headed for EPIC fail....

Dave

Comment

• Scousebadger
                    Veteran Member
                    • Nov 2, 2012

Originally posted by David Lee
                    These sure turned out great! It's just like I said, you can't wing it.... you have to understand the Kenner Style to make figures that work. You have to "get it", and without prototypes to go by it's all the harder to do.... It's why these look great and FUNKO is headed for EPIC fail....

Dave
                    I have to agree with you: the Twilight Zone figures (as well as the upcoming Big Bang Theory figures) look astounding. The former really do capture the vintage vibe.

Funko's post-Alien ReAction figures (bar the Universal Monsters and the Nightmare Before Christmas ones) are awful.

Comment

• David Lee
                      The Fix-it-up Chappie
                      • Jun 10, 2002

Originally posted by Scousebadger
                      I have to agree with you: the Twilight Zone figures (as well as the upcoming Big Bang Theory figures) look astounding. The former really do capture the vintage vibe.

Funko's post-Alien ReAction figures (bar the Universal Monsters and the Nightmare Before Christmas ones) are awful.
                      The Twilight Zone figures had some great help

Comment

• bgiles73
                        Veteran Member
                        • Apr 14, 2010

The only Funko Reaction figure that I really don't care for is the Predator. I think the paint apps just look lazy. I am however excited for most of everything else. I'm most excited about Funko's Star Trek Reaction figures I was hoping those would have been shown at Toy Fair, but I'm guessing SDCC is where those will be revealed. I hope there Shatner sculpt will be as nice as the BBP one in the Twilight Zone line!

Comment

• Chris
                          Persistent Member
                          • Dec 23, 2009

Originally posted by GUYx1
                          This is rather bittersweet. Yes the ReAction style figures do look cool, but I just see mego history repeating itself all over again. Yeah it makes sense from a budget perspective, but I have just come to depend on a regular supply of weekly 8" figures and parts. To see all the toylines switching over to 3 3/4" just depresses me to no end. I am so dying for that new Twilight Zone Alien as much as I need the BSG Imperious leader & Ovion. I know that the end is near for remego, but I am gonna keep funding 1/9 format every paycheck until the 8" figure factories grind to a halt...
                          Well said and I agree. Oh, well. It was mostly fun.
                          Last edited by Chris; Feb 19, '14, 1:15 PM.
                          If a Mego figure of God did not exist, it would be necessary for EMCE to invent him.

Comment

• jonwes
                            Museum Patron
                            • Nov 17, 2011

I'm getting all of these, and I'm putting them next to all my Funko ReAction figures (which I really like, actually.)
                            I actually bought a Talking Tina replica from EE because I was excited for Twilight Zone stuff. :D I wanted to get the retro figures, but I'll have a lot more room for these guys.

Comment

• bgiles73
                              Veteran Member
                              • Apr 14, 2010

I like the Funko figures too, but I think I may have to touch up the paint apps a little on the Predator. The paintwork could still be a little neater and still hold true to the 70s-80s vibe. For all I know though when I have that Predator in hand I may actually like it as is. I really love the Chrome Terminator!
                              Last edited by bgiles73; Feb 19, '14, 11:56 PM.

Comment

• Werewolf
                                Inhuman
                                • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by David Lee
                                It's why these look great and FUNKO is headed for EPIC fail....
                                I'm scratching my head at some of their license choices. But I think the Universal Monsters and Nightmare Before Christmas figures look great and are must haves.
                                You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎