Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • KISSMegoEnthusiast
    • Jan 28, 2014

Let's See Your KISS Mego Line!

I wasn't sure where this thread belonged, but since the description of this section said "posed or altered Mego pictures", I figured I'd post it here.
    If this is indeed in the wrong section, my apologies, and feel free to relocate it.

I just recently acquired a KISS Paul Stanley Mego in near mint condition.
    It has never been removed from the inner card, and is practically brand new.
    There is a small black dot on his nose, but this isn't nose rub, but rather stray paint.
    I've found that it is virtually impossible to find KISS Megos with perfect face paint. I once had a Gene with stray white paint dots under his eye. Oh well, at least it isn't the dreaded nose rub down to the flesh colored face.
    I'm trying to piece together a high grade set, and I figured the best route to take is to get them one by one, and find examples that have never been removed from their inner card.
    It's tricky finding them in mint condition, without joint issues, costume issues, nose rub issues, and/or hair issues.

Anyway, I thought it would be cool to see everyone's KISS Mego line, original/reproduction boxes, and original/reproduction/custom instruments.
    I saw that a user here creates custom Mego displays and thought how cool it would be to construct a custom display for this line that looked like their "Love Gun"/"Alive II" stage, all in retro Mego fashion!

Here's my Paul Stanley.
    He came with the original box, which could use an upgrading. At least it was the correct box w/ the 88000/1 inventory code sticker.
    Feel free to post your KISS line, I'd love to see 'em all!

Last edited by KISSMegoEnthusiast; Feb 5, '14, 2:12 AM.
    KISS! That's their name!
    KISS! They may look insane!
    KISS! If rock's your game, it's KISS!
  • MegoCapnMike
    Veteran Member
    • Feb 22, 2012

I would post, but I only have Paul so far. My pic would be just like yours minus the box lol
    Looking for:

--Lion Rock "Mr Rock's" shoes/ boots (these may also be the same as the lion rock monster line boots)

--Mystery Astronaught

Comment

• mego73
      Printed paperboard Tiger
      • Aug 1, 2003

Here is an example of my repro KISS box

and the custom job

mego73@hotmail.com

Comment

• warlock664
        Persistent Member
        • Feb 15, 2009

Those boxes are AWESOME !!!

Comment

• noelani72
          27inaleon
          • Jun 25, 2002

Trivia... On those mego boxes....the big front group shot...

Paul's boots

Notice his heels are bare wood. They had no time to finish them before that photo shoot.

Comment

• boss
            Talkative Member
            • Jun 18, 2003

that's just lazy. photo shoots take a loooong time. Nobody could grab some spray paint or gaffers tape? ;-)
            Fresh, not from concentrate.

Comment

• mego73
              Printed paperboard Tiger
              • Aug 1, 2003

I bet they meant to retouch it

mego73@hotmail.com

Comment

• cjefferys
                Duke of Gloat
                • Apr 23, 2006

That's crazy, I never even noticed that about Paul's boots after all these years!

I thought I had posted in this thread before but I think that was during all the forum trouble. Here's what I have, with one US and Canadian box. Other than Peter, I've owned these guys for over 35 years, got them when they were new. That's Gene's original rubber band in his hair too, I've never replaced it, I can't believe it's still intact!

IMG_6534.jpg

Comment

• Johnny
                  Salty
                  • Oct 1, 2003

Those are killer!! Where did you get the guitars?

Are they the cardboard ones from the boxes?

Comment

• cjefferys
                    Duke of Gloat
                    • Apr 23, 2006

The cardboard guitars are there (I got my Paul on clearance at Zellers for five bucks, and his box was really thrashed, so I cut out the guitars back in the day). The plastic guitars that Ace and Paul are holding came out about 15 years ago or so, part of a series of plastic 1/6 scale guitars called "Pickups" I believe. They made an official licensed version of Ace's Les Paul, so that's what he's holding. Unfortunately they didn't make anything official for Paul or Gene, and I couldn't find a guitar in the series that Paul regularly played, so I just picked up a white Les Paul for him, he looks pretty good with it. They are really nice replica guitars, strings and everything.

Comment

• mego73
                      Printed paperboard Tiger
                      • Aug 1, 2003

I picked up that Ace guitar too.

mego73@hotmail.com

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎