X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Iron Mego
    Wake Up Heavy
    • Jan 31, 2010

Leg Lengths on Type S

So people are starting to get their Type S bodies in, and I'm one of them. Have opened 4 of 10 boxes and ALL four so far have a longer right than left leg. Anyone else noticing this on theirs? Or am I just a lucky egg?
    Wake Up Heavy Podcast

Find me on Twitter
  • David Lee
    The Fix-it-up Chappie
    • Jun 10, 2002

huh... can you post a picture? What's the magnitude here, a scoach or an inch?!

Comment

• Iron Mego
      Wake Up Heavy
      • Jan 31, 2010

It's hard to get an idea with a straight on photo, but this shows how much I have to bend the right leg for both legs to be flat footed and for the pelvis and torso to be straight.
      But the major bummer for me is that the hands for the new FTC ReMegos do NOT work here. That's fine for a lot of figures, but not Joker or Riddler or anyone else with different colored hands.

Wake Up Heavy Podcast

Find me on Twitter

Comment

• JediJaida
        Talkative Member
        • Jun 14, 2008

The legs on mine are just fine. Maybe if you push the peg in a little tighter?
        JediJaida

Comment

• David Lee
          The Fix-it-up Chappie
          • Jun 10, 2002

Man I am sorry you are bummed out...
          May tryin pushing the knee, ankle and finally the hip (on to the ball) a bit... as for the FTC hands I have a quick solution I am working on here, until colored hands are available... It's funny how none of the other companies making type 2 like bodies ever make the same pins as MEGO... I have made two bodies now that are compatible with vintage hands. Vintage will fit and so will older CTVTs, also vinyl paint will work on our hands...

Dave

Comment

• Iron Mego
            Wake Up Heavy
            • Jan 31, 2010

Pushing did nothing but make the leg loose. A few other things, Mattel ReAction hands don't work on these, and FTC Joker suit didn't fit. I got the bodies to replace the FTC and Mattel bodies, and a few old Megos, so I'm sort of at a loss here as to what I'm going to do.
            Wake Up Heavy Podcast

Find me on Twitter

Comment

• Iron Mego
              Wake Up Heavy
              • Jan 31, 2010

Please divulge the quick solution for the hands not fitting. It may be the difference between me keeping these and not. On a more positive note, I swapped out an old, loose Mego body for a Type S and everything fit fine and the leg length thing isn't noticeable when dressed. He's in a vintage Batman suit, with Doc Mego repro parts and it looks really good. I may be able to make these work on most of the figures I was going to use them for, and use the rest for later FTC guys with flesh hands.
              Wake Up Heavy Podcast

Find me on Twitter

Comment

• David Lee
                The Fix-it-up Chappie
                • Jun 10, 2002

Originally posted by Iron Mego
                Please divulge the quick solution for the hands not fitting. It may be the difference between me keeping these and not. On a more positive note, I swapped out an old, loose Mego body for a Type S and everything fit fine and the leg length thing isn't noticeable when dressed. He's in a vintage Batman suit, with Doc Mego repro parts and it looks really good. I may be able to make these work on most of the figures I was going to use them for, and use the rest for later FTC guys with flesh hands.
                Try using a length of small diameter of tubing and place it on the post. It can be either shrink tubing, or really small rubber hose like material ( I used the tubes from and old AJ scuba set and it worked like a champ).

As for keeping them? Don't do us any favors, if you are unsatisfied? pack em up and we will refund your money. We don't want unsatisfied customers.

Dave

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                  Muddling through
                  • Oct 4, 2008

post a picture of what the s body wrist stems look like. are they similar size stems to the Zica body?

Comment

• thunderbolt
                    Hi Ernie!!!
                    • Feb 15, 2004

are the FTC pegs too small? If so, I've done this simple fix to flair them out. BBQ lighter right at the tip of the hand peg for a second or two. The peg mushrooms out at the end. I have lots of CTVT hands laying around and will try it out when my order gets out of Ohio.
                    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• nubee
                      Career Member
                      • Feb 15, 2010

Are the forearms switchable? Heat up the arms with boiled water, remove the elbow pin and switch the forearms. That way, the FTC hands can be kept. I don't have any Type S body yet, so I don't know if this will work.

Comment

• JediJaida
                        Talkative Member
                        • Jun 14, 2008

Well, as to the CTVT stuff. I put my Tony head onto the body and after a bit of futzing, it fit smoothly.

As to the clothing? The trousers are a bit tight at the waist, and there is a teeny bit of difficulty getting them up over the thighs. BUT, the tunic fits just fine, and the snap is capable of being fastened. It's just a bit of a tight fit.

I had the same thing happen with ZICA's old bodies, when I tried to put them into CTVT clothing. I think that the CTVT body is just a bit smaller in the thighs and waist, and they are making their clothing with that in mind.

On the other hand, my ZICA body with the Clark head fit into a Castaway Superman suit just fine; but then the fabric is REALLY stretchy!

Dave, I for one am so happy with the way these turned out, I literally don't have any other words to express myself.

Once you start making the other stuff, especially the stuff in 1:6 scale, I will happily purchase from you.

The bodies are sturdy, have a nice weight to them, and stand on their own! THAT is always a plus in my book!

Now, onto making new heads!
                        JediJaida

Comment

• Iron Mego
                          Wake Up Heavy
                          • Jan 31, 2010

Originally posted by Nostalgiabuff
                          post a picture of what the s body wrist stems look like. are they similar size stems to the Zica body?
                          No idea, don't have any Zica bodies. I'm sure there are pics of the stems in one of the threads here.

Originally posted by thunderbolt
                          are the FTC pegs too small? If so, I've done this simple fix to flair them out. BBQ lighter right at the tip of the hand peg for a second or two. The peg mushrooms out at the end. I have lots of CTVT hands laying around and will try it out when my order gets out of Ohio.
                          May or may not try this. I do NOT have good luck with lighters and plastic. The tube idea, or possibly just some tape might do for now.

Originally posted by nubee
                          Are the forearms switchable? Heat up the arms with boiled water, remove the elbow pin and switch the forearms. That way, the FTC hands can be kept. I don't have any Type S body yet, so I don't know if this will work.
                          No, they are constructed completely differently.

See, I didn't buy these for customs. I bought these for playability. I bought these to switch out bodies on the figures that my daughter and I play with together. If it was just one of these issues I'm bringing up I don't think it'd be that big a deal. But to know that even if I can switch Joker's hands I still can't switch his outfit, well then there's not much point in keeping them. I just have to see how many Mego/Doc/Mattel figures I was going to switch out. And trust me Dave, I won't keep them just to do you guys a favor.
                          Wake Up Heavy Podcast

Find me on Twitter

Comment

• David Lee
                            The Fix-it-up Chappie
                            • Jun 10, 2002

Originally posted by Iron Mego
                            No idea, don't have any Zica bodies. I'm sure there are pics of the stems in one of the threads here.

May or may not try this. I do NOT have good luck with lighters and plastic. The tube idea, or possibly just some tape might do for now.

No, they are constructed completely differently.

See, I didn't buy these for customs. I bought these for playability. I bought these to switch out bodies on the figures that my daughter and I play with together. If it was just one of these issues I'm bringing up I don't think it'd be that big a deal. But to know that even if I can switch Joker's hands I still can't switch his outfit, well then there's not much point in keeping them. I just have to see how many Mego/Doc/Mattel figures I was going to switch out. And trust me Dave, I won't keep them just to do you guys a favor.
                            well when you figure it out...we'll be here. Please pack them up nice if you want a refund.

Dave

Comment

• Iron Mego
                              Wake Up Heavy
                              • Jan 31, 2010

I've already swapped out three bodies. Have plans for at least two more (my daughter won't let me swap out the Mattel Flash because his floppy legs make him look like he's running fast!) and will save the rest for future FTC figures, or for when you guys make colored hands (I vote for white, purple, green and red).

And BTW, Mattel's hands don't really fit on anything else but Doc Mego bodies. No one really has a universal body when it comes to hands.

I think I might try building up the hand pegs with glue, or tape as I said before.

So the bodies are here to stay. I do think they are still game changers, was just a little bummed when these issues popped up.
                              Wake Up Heavy Podcast

Find me on Twitter

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎