Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who wants to see Bif Bang Pow continue with Dr Who???

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jeffbearco
    Persistent Member
    • Mar 27, 2011

Who wants to see Bif Bang Pow continue with Dr Who???

As requested in the thread about Bif Bang Pow loosing the license for Dr Who, I am starting a thread to show who wants this line to pick up again.

I'm in and would definitely like to see each Doctor.

Lets see how this goes.

rah rah. go Dr Who. go BBP.

yay.

JeffBearCO
  • samurainoir
    Eloquent Member
    • Dec 26, 2006

Every Doctor, and all the figures announced and shown!

Plus... Multi Coloured Daleks.
    My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• fallensaviour
      Talkative Member
      • Aug 28, 2006

I hope and pray they can get it back.We need more doctors!!!
      “When you say “It’s hard”, it actually means “I’m not strong enough to fight for it”. Stop saying its hard. Think positive!”

Comment

• alex
        Permanent Member
        • Jun 15, 2009

ALL DAy long, aND EVERY DAy !!!

Comment

• ubermanx
          Career Member
          • Jul 3, 2013

If the license from BBC is not possible maybe pursue the Peter Cushing movies? Produce a few more Daleks since they had so many different ones?

Either way, I would love to see the line continue with all the Doctors.

- Marty

Comment

• GlobalObserver
            Persistent Member
            • Aug 12, 2004

Honestly, I'd rather see Cast-a-Way, NECA, or one of the other 8" producers take on the challenge.

BBP had their shot, and it seems to me that they were far more interested in producing secondary/supporting characters than they were in producing figures of The Doctor.

There have been 12 different Doctors. I just don't see the point of releasing a lot of supporting characters when the various Doctors are so colorful and unique.

Comment

• THE FALCON
              Career Member
              • Jan 2, 2011

Me Me Me!!! I want more Doctor Who!

Comment

• ubermanx
                Career Member
                • Jul 3, 2013

Originally posted by GlobalObserver
                There have been 12 different Doctors. I just don't see the point of releasing a lot of supporting characters when the various Doctors are so colorful and unique.
                BBC licensing is notorious for being fickle, taking a long time for approvals, etc.

Maybe BBP got approvals for the Tom Baker era real quickly but the newer stuff was harder to get approved causing delays? Maybe someone at BBP is a huge Tom Baker fan?

I also think that when planning a long term line you don't release all the big guns first. Cause then who will buy the secondary characters later down the line? Maybe there was hope / plans to really explore each era and they just started with Tom Baker as that kinda fits the Mego collector age demographic? Just guessing here. I suspect if the plan was to release a short lived line it would have been a priority to just get all the Doctors out the door.

In a perfect world we would have gotten a Doctor and his most popular companion as the first pair of the set. The second pair would be the Doctor's most popular villian and a secondary character either good or evil then move onto another series of four. (eg Ecclestone, Rose, Capt Jack and maybe a Slitheen). Of course we need an army of Cybermen and Daleks of all shapes and sizes.

I regret not seeing each Doctor but I also wish we saw some of the supporting cast like the Brigadier, Rory, etc.

But I am immensely grateful to BBP for releasing what we did get before BBC yanked the rug out. Can't say thank you enough.

- Marty

Comment

• Gorn Captain
                  Invincible Ironing Man
                  • Feb 28, 2008

I'm all for getting more 8" Doctor Who. I'd happily buy eight or so per year.

While I was happy with BBP most of the time, there are things that could have gone better.
                  1. As said before, more Doctors and main characters. Let's face it, who was extatic about that Crispy Master?
                  2. More figures per year. Man, it was slow going.
                  3. BBP has never captured the female form well, so Leela wasn't my favorite.
                  4. BBP has always had some issues with proportions and matching different parts together. Like Tom's hat not fitting, the Cyberleader's head not fitting well onto the body, etc. That could have been done better.
                  5. IF BBP had started with "heavy guns only" (one Doctor plus one main bad guy per set), we would have been happier instead of being really disappointed.

So on the one hand, I'd like to see a company like NECA tackle 8" retro Who (but it's unlikely).
                  On the other hand, I'd love to see BBP return and give us Ice Warriors, Silurians, Yeti, and a whole bunch of Doctors.

So yes, if BBP returned, I'd continue the adventure!
                  "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• jacoblb
                    Persistent Member
                    • May 7, 2009

I want to continue to support the line, where's the petition?
                    Lensi said he would consider bringing the line back if there was enough strong demand.
                    I'm all in favor in re-Mego-ing all the various Doctor Who incarnations, I bought them and only them as I'm not interested in companions or villains, however.
                    I don't mind that the other characters were offered, but not at the expense of slowing down getting the main guys, that is, if that happened.
                    But I'd love to see the line come back.

Comment

• tllgn
                      Persistent Member
                      • Feb 6, 2010

I thought Bif Bang Pow did a wonderful job with Dr.who,and in the future ,i hope they get the rights to make more again,i would support this
                      line if they can get it back.THANK YOU BIF BANG POW!.

Comment

• LadyZod
                        Superman's Gal Pal
                        • Jan 27, 2007

I don't care about secondary characters.

I want all the Doctors, so I can stand them on a row on a shelf.

I think most adult collectors (who this license would court) will most likely do the same.
                        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                        My life through toys: Tales from the Toybox!
                        Check out my art:
                        Art Portfolio@Redbubble
                        Art Portfolio@Tumblr

Comment

• jwyblejr
                          galactic yo-yo
                          • Apr 6, 2006

I don't mind secondary characters. Especially if we got someone like Jamie.

Comment

• jds1911a1
                            Alan Scott is the best GL
                            • Aug 8, 2007

Originally posted by GlobalObserver
                            Honestly, I'd rather see Cast-a-Way, NECA, or one of the other 8" producers take on the challenge.

BBP had their shot, and it seems to me that they were far more interested in producing secondary/supporting characters than they were in producing figures of The Doctor.

BBP's first few waves actually made a lot of sense from a mego head perspective, Tom baker was the first doctor for most people in the 40-50 age bracket and the first in general ariring in North America. The villians made were all the hinchcliffe producton era (which most classic who fans look at as the best era of who), except for Scarroth and the companions K-9 and Leela are nods to the original Denys fisher mego line. Scarroth was a great choice for me, as City of Death is one of my favorites.
                            While I was dissapointed by the prototype head sculpts the production heads were a pleasant surprise,

I really wanted Pertwee and a Unit member (even a generic trooper)

While we don't know why the licensed was recalled I don't think it was because of the figure choices for the line, it is just as likely that the licnese was pulled because of other products that were similar to those BBC was producing or it was simply a matter of putting all the licensed product under 1 roof.

Comment

• rche
                              channeling Bob Wills
                              • Mar 26, 2008

I purchased by the case for all previous releases, and would continue doing so.
                              More BBP Doctor Who!

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎