Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you think Planet of the Apes has another shot?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RobTMego
    Career Member
    • Mar 15, 2013

I will totally buy any new EMCE POTA that can be made, I own the set of four from 2008!!

Comment

• Gorn Captain
      Invincible Ironing Man
      • Feb 28, 2008

I have multipes of the original Megos (including some CIPSA apes), so I'm only interested in getting new characters.
      "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• Mr Mego
        Love to play with Megos
        • Oct 19, 2003

Originally posted by Fleshbox
        I will totally buy any new EMCE POTA that can be made, I own the set of four from 2008!!
        He's right, I still have the set of four EMCE POTA from 2008. Very disappoint is they can't making the next new ones!!

Originally posted by Gorn Captain
        I have multipes of the original Megos (including some CIPSA apes), so I'm only interested in getting new characters.
        I have some original Mego & CIPSA Planet of the Apes in my collection. Need to finish complete POTA line......
        Wanted to buy pair original shoes for vintage WOZ Wizard

My Good Buyers/Sellers/Traders list in here.

Comment

• melkorjunior
          Museum Super Collector
          • Apr 20, 2014

Although I watched the movies as a kid for some reason I never got heavily into the Apes Megos and I have no idea why. I think I had Dr. Zaius and I skipped the rest...I know I would have wanted the generals but never bought them, so maybe I was turned off by the costumes or head sculpts not resembling the movie version?

I'd love a Re-Mego line of Apes if they were done accurately, with uniforms that matched the original movie. Now that I'm jumping back into the hobby I have an EMCE Zaius on the way and I'll probably get a Cornelius and a Zira but I'm not tempted to pick up the soldier ape, as the face sculpt lacks detail. I'd love an Urko/Ursus, but not in the original Mego outfit. If NECA or whoever did one where his helmet is black as it should be and his uniform is correct and he isn't smiling (check out the original Mego--he's smiling!) I'd definitely grab one. At the moment I'm salivating over the Hot Toys Apes figures--they're works of art. Not willing to spend $400 on the aftermarket for a 12" doll though.

Comment

• 4NDR01D
            Alpha Centauri....OR DIE!
            • Jan 22, 2008

I can't say I'm interested in any mego reproductions, but I love the idea of re-doing the characters, new sculpts, new clothes, new card art etc

Comment

• Chris
              Persistent Member
              • Dec 23, 2009

Originally posted by 4NDR01D
              I can't say I'm interested in any mego reproductions, but I love the idea of re-doing the characters, new sculpts, new clothes, new card art etc
              Yes! What he wrote.
              If a Mego figure of God did not exist, it would be necessary for EMCE to invent him.

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎