Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

I think she would have sold better paired with Frankenstein. I would have personally preferred rooted hair like the 12 inch Hasbro Bride but it's still a really nice figure.
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• tllgn
      Persistent Member
      • Feb 6, 2010

i love the universal monsters ,and the bride was great ,i think one problem was ,that she was in only one film and at the last
      five minutes at that.while the creature and other monsters are featured in 3 to 5 to 8 films under their belts ,however the bride was a
      very nice done figure ,she should have had shoes or boots though so she can stand better ,who could tell under her shroud.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
        Verbose Member
        • Mar 7, 2004

My other theory is it's the ridiculous face paint as dictated by the out of date Universal Monsters style guide. It hurts an otherwise great figure.
        I agree. I was on the fence on her, and got her as a gift. Once I opened her, I really liked her, but that pasty paint scheme really hurts it. It looks like it was put on with a house paint roller. She looks GREAT with the Frankenstein Monster in the line, though.

If they are going that cheap, my daughter may need one of these!

Chris
        sigpic

Comment

• jayraytee
          Career Member
          • May 27, 2011

Dang. Now I'm seeing her for $0.99 in the Amazon links.
          Yeah with like $12 in shipping.
          My posts were needlessly deleted ...

Comment

• drmego
            EMCE Toys
            • Jun 15, 2001

Poor bride - she didn't want the monster, collectors don't want her.

And yes, our hands were tied by Universal's style guide. We wanted to do a better face paint.
            But we did make the white smock removable for those who wanted her "in bandages only".
            www.drmego.com
            www.megoman.com
            www.emcetoys.com

Comment

• galaxyexplorer42
              Monsters,Creatures,Aliens
              • Mar 3, 2010

You don't get why the Bride is going so cheap. I don't get why they cancelled the Universal Monsters. I love the Bride. I love all the Universal Monsters dolls they made, and bought 2 of each. I'm standing here with cash in my hand waiting to spend it on more Universal Monsters.....
              Galaxy Explorer

Comment

• JediJaida
                Talkative Member
                • Jun 14, 2008

Aside from Frankenstein's Monster, his Bride, Dracula, Wolfman and Mummy, who's left?

Do the Phantom of the Opera, the Invisible Man and Dr. Frankenstein count as Monsters themselves?

Quasimodo wouldn't fit the bill, on account of his gentle nature, his appearance notwithstanding.

So who else is there?
                JediJaida

Comment

• thunderbolt
                  Hi Ernie!!!
                  • Feb 15, 2004

Invisible Man, Mole People, Werewolf of London, to name a few.
                  You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• PNGwynne
                    Master of Fowl Play
                    • Jun 5, 2008

Quasimodo's long been considered a "classic" monster (albeit C-lister) by filmdom, Marx, Aurora, Lincoln, Kenner, Sideshow, and now Universal Licensing.

And as T-bolt noted, there're still more options if they'd agree to continue: Invisible Man, Mole People, A&C Mr. Hyde, Werewolf of London, Hjalmar Poelzig (The Black Cat), Dracula's Daughter, Kharis, the Creature Walks Among Us, the Leech Woman, Monster on Campus.

Most are obscure, but I've always felt DST could support one more wave.
                    Last edited by PNGwynne; Mar 16, '14, 9:45 AM.
                    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• galaxyexplorer42
                      Monsters,Creatures,Aliens
                      • Mar 3, 2010

Mr Hyde and the Invisible Man would be the next logical choice, in my opinion. What really gets my goat, is that those figures WERE made in the select series! As was Quasimoto! They GOTTA make those in the Retro Cloth line. It's just maddening to me...
                      Last edited by galaxyexplorer42; Mar 18, '14, 1:09 AM.
                      Galaxy Explorer

Comment

• dee T.
                        Veteran Member
                        • Sep 25, 2012

I like my UM bride figure. Don't understand either why she sold so poorly either. I think its a great looking figure. That outfit and her bandages really make her stand out. Her and my Remco Frankenstein (thanks Mego Maniac Mark) make a great pair together.
                        Clothes make the doll

Comment

Working...
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎