X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Operation:Mego
    I'm the Star Spangled Man
    • May 21, 2011

Batman and Son animated trailer

Morena Baccarin as Talia and Giancarlo Esposito as Ra's sound like perfect castings to me. And O'Mara sounds like a great Batman.
    sigpic
    The event where the fans are separated from the true fans.
  • samurainoir
    Eloquent Member
    • Dec 26, 2006

great cast! I'm a huge Damian fan. Looking forward to this one.
    My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• isaacbradly
      • Nov 28, 2013

Deathstroke's voice sounds like a better Batman to me. .
      Celebrity NewslMovie NewslTV Show News

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
        Verbose Member
        • Mar 7, 2004

I could go on about how I hate Damian, and Morrison ruined Batman...but I won't. A year ago, I would have. But I may have to give these stories another try now that I don't really care about continuity, etc. anymore. It's not MY Batman, but my Batman isn't being published any more, and hasn't for decades...at least in the main titles.

I forgot to add, he seems much more likeable in this trailer.

Chris
        Last edited by Earth 2 Chris; Jan 22, '14, 7:46 AM.
        sigpic

Comment

• HardyGirl
          Mego Museum's Poster Girl
          • Apr 3, 2007

^ It's not my Batman either, Chris.
          "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
          'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
          Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
          If your mission is magic your love will shine true."

Comment

• boynightwing
            That Carl Guy
            • Apr 24, 2002

Damian turned out to be such a good character though. He's not the Robin I love most but he earned my respect and I can't wait to see this movie.

Comment

• samurainoir
              Eloquent Member
              • Dec 26, 2006

I always thought Damian was best when paired with Dick Grayson as Batman. It was a real kick to see the reversal of a Joi La Vie Batman vs a Grim 'n Gritty Robin. When Bruce returned, there just didn't seem to be enough contrast between the two by themselves without Tim or Dick.

Comment

• ScottA
                Original Member
                • Jun 25, 2001

I admit I've never been a Damian fan. Guess I'm to stuck in my old ways with Tim. But maybe this will help me warm up to him a little.
                sigpic WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH

Comment

• madmarva
                  Talkative Member
                  • Jul 7, 2007

I've liked all the Robins to one degree or the other. I like how Dick Grayson matured out of the role. Tim, I like more as a solo character. While it was lame how Jason was resurrected, it does add something to the Batman legacy to have one protege or son to have gone wrong.

I liked Damian, too. as Ed mentioned having a grim Robin and a fun-loving Batman worked really well. Loved how he could be arrogant an brutal but still show some heart. The dog was a great touch.

I'm guessing with the cancellation of Nightwing and Teen Titans, Titans will be rejiggered with Nightwing as a mentor or member of the team. Or he could die and come back as a Talon from Snyder's Court of Owls story in Batman.

I'm looking forward to this movie, but I look forward to all the DC DVDs. Most have been decent to very good Nd I expect the same from this one.

Comment

• JediJaida
                    Talkative Member
                    • Jun 14, 2008

I KNEW that he wouldn't stay dead for very long! Even if it's only in an animated feature!

I don't care what anyone else says about him, Damian was one of the BEST Robin's besides the original. I always thought that it was poetic justice that Bruce ended up with a son that was just as driven by vengeance as he was.

And he was driven by vengeance, from the get go. He just decided to take a different stance by putting people in prison; not really realizing that sometimes you have to kill in order to protect society as a whole.

Damian was that attitude in ten year old form. Raised by Ra's and Talia, could he be anything less, or else? He wasn't a completely heartless kid. He had a heart, he was just choosy about who he shared it with. Just. Like. Bruce.

Only Bruce was so choosy, people decided to stop waiting for him to choose, and went elsewhere. All except Alfred, who knew how to get past the emotional armor.

And I don't believe that Ra's is dead at all. People may THINK he's dead, but he's come back from the grave before. Unless Deathstroke destroyed the body upon death, I won't believe it. And doesn't the Lazarus pit restore life, even when there's nothing but ashes?

I'm DEFINITELY going to buy this!
                    JediJaida

Comment

• samurainoir
                      Eloquent Member
                      • Dec 26, 2006

As long as they are popular enough characters, even death won't stop DC from using IP as long as they can squeeze some more $$$ out of it. Storywise, given that he is Ra's grandson, we've always got the Lazarus Pit. And we do have this recent alternate future title...

I really do see Damian as a modern Robin as the Robin character was originally created. A kind of wish fulfillment character that kids can relate to.

Given divorce rates these days, I can't think of a more relatable situation to a kid who's parents aren't together and having to choose between them (in this case, ideologically as well as who you want to live with). Only your Dad is Batman, and you are the most powerful ninja kid ever!

Didn't really read the Teen Titans after Geoff Johns left, but I did pick up the short run where Damian was a member and thought he was the perfect foil on the team. Nothing more entertaining than having the youngest kid being the jerky Guy Gardner character to bring a degree of conflict to the team dynamics.

I've always been incredibly indifferent to Jason Todd, even when Superboy Prime reality punched him back to life. However, I really do have to give credit to the Batman animated movies, and his primary writer, Judd Winick for giving us a terrific animated version of the story without all the convoluted Hush/Clayface/Infinite Crisis nonsense tossed in.

Under the Red Hood is one of the best Batman animated movies in recent years.

Comment

• samurainoir
                        Eloquent Member
                        • Dec 26, 2006

Originally posted by madmarva
                        The dog was a great touch.
                        LOVE THE DOG! and I agree with Jaida, that Damian totally had a terrific relationship with Alfred as well.

here's a great moment...
                        Last edited by samurainoir; Jan 23, '14, 9:23 PM.

Comment

• samurainoir
                          Eloquent Member
                          • Dec 26, 2006

Comment

• samurainoir
                            Eloquent Member
                            • Dec 26, 2006

anyone love Batcow as much as i do?

also: Tiny Titans!

Last edited by samurainoir; Jan 23, '14, 9:44 PM.

Comment

• Operation:Mego
                              I'm the Star Spangled Man
                              • May 21, 2011

sigpic
                              The event where the fans are separated from the true fans.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎