• Show
Clear All
  • ZICA
    Persistent Member
    • May 7, 2006

Originally posted by SciFiGuyLA
    You, sir, are 1000% correct.

Okaaaay...

But that still doesn't explain why orders for bodies from the web store are going out the door before bodies for the Kickstarter backers. You just took their money literally days ago. You've had the backer's money since mid August.

"Lucy! You've got some splianing to do!!!"

P.S. - I apologize for being the turd in the punch bowl, but I am a bit miffed.
    Again, I can't ship an order without the mailing address, and David has already explained why he waited on getting me the Kickstarter information. However, if you feel the matter has been handled in an unfair manner I'll be happy to give you a full refund on your Kickstarter pledge. Just email me your info and I'll take care of it asap. Same goes for anyone else who's not happy about this.

Craig

Comment

• BATMAN89
      Mego obsessed!!!
      • Jul 20, 2010

Originally posted by David Lee
      Well in this world things don't always work they way we'd like them too, or even the way they should. The reason KS bodies mailed later is that we have no control when people respond to their Surveys. I don't even have your address until you respond to the survey. I made the decision to wait until all surveys for bodies were returned before sending them out. I had to coordinate hundreds of surveys, gather the shipping information, determine if the backer wanted extra bodies and then compile the data for Craig. Selfishly, I wanted to do as much all at once and not have to do over and over again hundreds of times, I decided to wait untill all (99%) of the KS supporters returned their surveys. Now for you guys who were "on it" and got your survey right back... that neans you had to wait on the stragglers, and I agree it sucks. That is just the way it shook out and I apologize with all my heart. Craig and I need to make money to keep our business going so we made the decision to offer these up front, and give you all the option to get them now (basically shipped FREE).

I am truly sorry it worked out the way it did, but I wanted to let you guys know that it wasn't by slight, or oversight, or even choice really. You all who suported the campaign are the reason that anyody else even has them! We didn't, and won't, forget that...

Dave
      Hi Dave,
      I accept your explanation, and your apology.
      Thank you!
      Barrett
      Big Kid Toys Facebook Page!

My Good Trader's List
      My Early Custom Megos

Comment

• nubee
        Career Member
        • Feb 15, 2010

Well in this world things don't always work they way we'd like them too, or even the way they should. The reason KS bodies mailed later is that we have no control when people respond to their Surveys. I don't even have your address until you respond to the survey. I made the decision to wait until all surveys for bodies were returned before sending them out. I had to coordinate hundreds of surveys, gather the shipping information, determine if the backer wanted extra bodies and then compile the data for Craig. Selfishly, I wanted to do as much all at once and not have to do over and over again hundreds of times, I decided to wait untill all (99%) of the KS supporters returned their surveys. Now for you guys who were "on it" and got your survey right back... that neans you had to wait on the stragglers, and I agree it sucks. That is just the way it shook out and I apologize with all my heart. Craig and I need to make money to keep our business going so we made the decision to offer these up front, and give you all the option to get them now (basically shipped FREE).

I am truly sorry it worked out the way it did, but I wanted to let you guys know that it wasn't by slight, or oversight, or even choice really. You all who suported the campaign are the reason that anyody else even has them! We didn't, and won't, forget that...

Dave

Thanks for letting everyone know. KUDOS to CAST-ZICA !!!!

I suspected there must be a reasonable explanation.

Comment

• SciFiGuyLA
          Museum Patron
          • Feb 11, 2009

The reason KS bodies mailed later is that we have no control when people respond to their Surveys. I don't even have your address until you respond to the survey.
          Yeah, but couldn't you have avoided that problem by sending out the survey much sooner than you did?

Look, I get it. You've probably got a lot going on. This has to be a big project, and it's probably something you do in addition to your "day job". I can only imagine that you're having to juggle a lot of balls to keep this project going, not to mention the day to day workings of your personal life. That's perfectly understandable, and I truly appreciate what you're doing and the risk your taking here. However, it has to be said - getting that survey out even as little as 2 or 3 weeks earlier would have made a world of difference.

I am truly sorry it worked out the way it did, but I wanted to let you guys know that it wasn't by slight, or oversight, or even choice really. You all who supported the campaign are the reason that anyody else even has them! We didn't, and won't, forget that...
          Apology absolutely and enthusiastically accepted!

Again, I didn't want to be that guy, and hesitated to respond at all. This should be a jubilant moment. However, the issue was gnawing at me a bit and I had to get it off my chest. I'm not mad so much as I am a bit disappointed, but no hard feelings. I really, sincerely want to see you guys succeed!!!

Originally posted by ZICA
          However, if you feel the matter has been handled in an unfair manner I'll be happy to give you a full refund on your Kickstarter pledge.
          No thank you, sir! Offer soundly rejected! I can't wait to get my grubby little paws on the fruits of your labor. I love, love, LOVE what you guys are doing, so you keep that money because I want them toys!!!

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
            Verbose Member
            • Mar 7, 2004

So this is another reason for me to dislike people who don't promptly respond to emails, right?

Chris
            sigpic

Comment

• Bronxboykev
              Permanent Member
              • Mar 7, 2011

Got me e mail notification today can't wait guys!!!
              Dave and Craig, you guys came thru in a big way... Kick starter or store order you had a February availability date and you Delivered. No delays no problems... And a great Product!!! Keep up the good work!
              Last edited by Bronxboykev; Feb 2, '14, 3:29 PM.

Comment

• David Lee
                The Fix-it-up Chappie
                • Jun 10, 2002

Originally posted by SciFiGuyLA
                getting that survey out even as little as 2 or 3 weeks earlier would have made a world of difference.
                Hey nobody gets that more than me... hindsight is 20/20 and everybody likes to play the monday morning Quarterback... the reality is I can't fix it and it wasn't done on purpose. Kick Starter has some real limitations, and I am still at a loss on some of them. Chalk it up to the first time.

I do appreciate that the percieved slight is born out of extreme anticipation and enthusiasm and I feel responsible for dampening it in any way.

We can only strive to get better...

Dave

Comment

• noelani72
                  27inaleon
                  • Jun 25, 2002

Got my tracking notice! Thanks

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                    Verbose Member
                    • Mar 7, 2004

Got my tracking notice too. In hindsight, I could have just met Craig half-way and saved him some dough.

Chris
                    sigpic

Comment

• ZICA
                      Persistent Member
                      • May 7, 2006

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
                      Got my tracking notice too. In hindsight, I could have just met Craig half-way and saved him some dough.

Chris
                      I was in your neck of the woods yesterday so I wish I would have thought of that.

Comment

• BATMAN89
                        Mego obsessed!!!
                        • Jul 20, 2010

I will be checking my mailbox Monday!!!
                        It's in the sorting facility in IL now!!!
                        I can't wait!!!
                        Last edited by BATMAN89; Feb 2, '14, 11:20 PM.

My Good Trader's List
                        My Early Custom Megos

Comment

• ZICA
                          Persistent Member
                          • May 7, 2006

Kickstarter Rewards Filled

Just wanted to let everyone know that all of the Kickstarter pledge rewards that were for the Type S body have been filled. If you didn't get an email notification don't be too concerned about it. For US buyers, all the of the orders were sent via Priority Mail so you should have something by Friday. If not, contact me with your info and I'll start digging through the tracking numbers.

Craig
                          Last edited by ZICA; Feb 3, '14, 8:30 PM.

Comment

• pmwasson
                            Maker
                            • Sep 12, 2007

Thanks Craig. I got my tracking number and can't wait to receive the figures!
                            sigpic LaserMego

Comment

• TomStrong
                              Persistent Member
                              • Jul 22, 2011

Got mine today and it looks great. I was really impressed with the extra hands. Now my Megos won't have to slap fight.
                              Last edited by TomStrong; Feb 3, '14, 10:44 PM.

Comment

• BATMAN89
                                Mego obsessed!!!
                                • Jul 20, 2010

Originally posted by zica
                                just wanted to let everyone know that all of the kickstarter pledge rewards that were for the type s body have been filled. If you didn't get an email notification don't be too concerned about it. For us buyers, all the of the orders were sent via priority mail so you should have something by friday. If not, contact me with your info and i'll start digging through the tracking numbers.

Craig
                                Outstanding!!!

My Good Trader's List
                                My Early Custom Megos

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡