Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • palitoy
    live. laugh. lisa needs braces
    • Jun 16, 2001

Watched it with my son, we enjoyed it. It's just a remake of an old "Challenge of the Superfriends" show.

We were both laughing at the idea of Bizarro changing Superman's past, shouldn't he just go "POP!" and disappear into the ether? Wouldn't Luthor just end up working in a bank?
    Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
    http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• TomStrong
      Persistent Member
      • Jul 22, 2011

Watched it this morning and loved it! Man, I really wish they'd do a series like this. I'd watch it every week. Watched Justice League War after and man what a fight! It was intense, just didn't appreciate the cursing. But I think that in there for teenagers, maybe it makes it edgier. But I still really liked it . It was a great Saturday morning for animation.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
        Verbose Member
        • Mar 7, 2004

I hope to get to Target this weekend and pick this up.

It is now getting a wide release...in May:

sigpic

Comment

• huedell
          Museum Ball Eater
          • Dec 31, 2003

It's heart was in the right place in that it had a real Super Friends homage vibe to it while updating visual style and being moderately wittier... and I wanted to enjoy it... however, overall, it was kinda "flat".

After the brilliance of the Timm/Dini stuff, I never thought I'd be impressed by another take on the DCU... but many DCU Animated movies released since the end of JLU have been very impressive (admittedly, some of them worked on by a good portion of that Timm/Dini team).

The Brave And The Bold cartoon shocked me with it's competence and ability to go lighter while still being homagey and witty for adults yet geared more for kids than Timm/Dini even was.

Time Trapped comes off like a pilot for a new Super Friends/JL/DCU series "JLA Adventures" ---and, ultimately it's not very watchable for adults looking for something of the adult-engagement level of JLU, or even TB&TB.
          "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
            Verbose Member
            • Mar 7, 2004

I really enjoyed this. There were a few bits where it felt a bit juvenile, but to me, for the most part was enjoyable as an adult too. My kids loved it, and I didn't have to cringe at them seeing and hearing things I'm not comfortable with, as in the usual DCU animated films. I think there is room for both, and I hope they continue with this. We certainly need a sequel to wrap things up!

Chris
            sigpic

Comment

• madmarva
              Talkative Member
              • Jul 7, 2007

I see your criticisms Huedell, and agree it wasn't up to JLU or Brave And Bold standards, but like Chris, I did enjoy the video a great deal. Maybe it was the SF nostalgia, but the story was fun. It was aimed at younger kids,but I still enjoyed it more than the JLA War movie that recently came out. But that probably had as much to do with the source material.

For someone who doesn't view the SF show with nostalgia, it might be harder to take.

But I'd love to see Another JLA cartoon on regularly.

Comment

• huedell
                Museum Ball Eater
                • Dec 31, 2003

Originally posted by madmarva
                I see your criticisms Huedell, and agree it wasn't up to JLU or Brave And Bold standards, but like Chris, I did enjoy the video a great deal. Maybe it was the SF nostalgia, but the story was fun. It was aimed at younger kids,but I still enjoyed it more than the JLA War movie that recently came out. But that probably had as much to do with the source material.

For someone who doesn't view the SF show with nostalgia, it might be harder to take.

But I'd love to see Another JLA cartoon on regularly.
                So would I, but if it was this JLA Adventures, at this level and/or tone of writing, I'd be let down.

Really... in the context of some DC-lovin'-parents and totally nostalgia out peeps like yourself in this thread, I'd offer that I've just been a spoiled fan. Right?

If Time Trapped was released pre-Timm/Dini Justice League, I just may have been impressed with it... or, at least had fun with it.

As it is though, I can't get any pleasure out of watching Time Trapped a second time---not when there's so many other great DCU animated team-ups having preceded it to rewatch instead.

Also... how about this... I still put on classic Super Friends episodes from time to time... so that's the icing on the "Time Trapped fail" cake.

If Time Trapped is the future of a Justice League oriented type TV series, or the tone for future DCU Animated movie releases, then the animated DCU's best years are clearly behind them as far as I can see.

I'm already 5 minutes into WAR though.. and, well, thank god for small gifts like Bats and GL's dialogue. That still doesn't help coming up with better children's fare competitive with JLU and TB&TB, but it'll do for now.
                "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• VintageMike
                  Permanent Member
                  • Dec 16, 2004

I enjoyed it. It was specifically made for a younger audience, so I was OK with not being like JLU. I watch this in a heartbeat if it was on every week. My only complaint was I don't like the updated look on some of the characters (Cheetah) and certain roster limitations (no Green Lantern/Sinestro and again no bat-villians).

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎